Duke/Pitt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke/Pitt

holy cow, can we stop sucking duke's di.cks??????????? geez. are we 19-0 or not??? is the game at the dome or not????? duke wont play this well on saturday cuz we wont allow them to. we're better than pitt, and duke will see that on saturday. and so will some of you guys who all of a sudden are scared of duke.

Well said.

I hope he does, but CJ is pretty prone to turning it over if a guy can get up into him and make him put the ball on the ground, and Hood is a really solid defender. His length is huge defensively.
He struggles more in zones with a lot of help d.

Wasn't there a thread on here making fun of Duke fans for thinking they would win at Pitt?

Yes, it started that way, but there were also several posts that said K would have them ready, or words to that effect. And they'll be ready Saturday also. I wouldn't have it any other way. It's gonna be some fun. :)

Last edited:
Michael Gbinije better be ready to come out and protect the perimeter.
in the 4 first half minutes he plays?

barring foul trouble, this will be a 6.25 man rotation game. C, E, F & G will not leave the floor in the 2nd half.

Yeah, outside of Jabari, they're pretty solid defensively. I expect they'll put Hood on CJ, and I honestly expect that CJ will struggle big time against him. But if we can get Jabari matched up on Jerami, or feed Rak early and often, I think we can beat him up pretty badly on that end and possibly get him in foul trouble.

Yeah, agreed. Plumlee will play a ton to help out with the rebounding. Rak has to win that battle. Maybe he can pull him away from the hoop or get around him. Shooting over him will be tough, imo. Hood and Parker worry me the most since they can shoot over any kind of defense. I think CJ struggles as well but Grant could flourish. Robinson was doing a good job tonight. Maybe Ennis has a big day.

I'm extremely excited to see Jerami Grant in a big game like this. He impressed us last year when he had to fill in against Louisville.

I honestly think Grant is going to go off.

I think Fair and Cooney may struggle. I'm confident in Ennis.

Have you seen True Detective? He's amazing and so is the show.

Yeah, only watched the first episode so far. I don't have HBO so I have to watch it on HBO Go, so I'm still trying to find a time of the day where I can set aside time to really focus because it's one of those shows where you can't really afford to miss anything. Love both McConoughey and Harrelson, so that show was a must-watch for me.

in the 4 first half minutes he plays?

barring foul trouble, this will be a 6.25 man rotation game. C, E, F & G will not leave the floor in the 2nd half.
Based on your line of thinking I have to go back to 4th grade music where we learned that Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge. I guess that means that Baye will definitely have an impact but hopefully DaJuan isn't going to be missed.
DA-EGBDF.jpg

Wasn't there a thread on here making fun of Duke fans for thinking they would win at Pitt?
Let's believe them when they say they will beat us by 20 as well.

Happy Duke won. I hate Pitt. I'll try and hate Duke, but I need a little history to put them in a Georgetown, UONN, Pitt category.
Could be a heck of a game Saturday. All I want after 40 minutes is one more point than the Dulies. Also, I would not mind a win at Wake first. I do believe that would make SU 20-0, the best start ever for SU.

Bilas made the very good point (surprise!) that Duke killed Pitt off inbound plays. Since it is better to zone off inbound plays (I can still hear Al McGuire preaching it) and we play the best zone, we need to nail those down.

Still some concern about Hood and Parker shooting right over Ennis and Cooney.

But we gotta beat Wake first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom