Duke/Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke/Pitt

Duke is playing at a different level than a month ago.
Their role players are having perfect games, Dawkins and Jefferson. Both had the key plays when the outcome was still in doubt.

Jefferson has been quietly improving. He had 15 rebounds vs UVA. He doesn't suck. Blocks shots too.
meh. 6'9" who plays under the rim. he's smart, not good.

Between now and Saturday I think we're going to see a lot of 'I'm nervous in the pants' posts.

Im too prideful in the pants.

agreed. 12 threes is a huge deal. most teams don't lose hitting that many threes. and amile jefferson... who kind of sucks had gone off for 14. Duke has looked good, but this is more flash in the pan than the norm.
Thing is Pitt blew tons of chippies. FT. They could name their tune in the first half offensively and couldn't convert all they should have.

Simply too much offensive talent for Duke vs Pitt. If they had their Center recruit for next year in uniform this year, they'd arguably be the best team in the country.

Between now and Saturday I think we're going to see a lot of 'I'm nervous in the pants' posts.
That's a good sign. The home games we think we have in the bag (as a fan base in general) somehow slip away. I think everyone is on notice now that Duke has some guys that can play.

You have to take it to the rim against duke. They struggle when that happens. When you shoot jumpers it makes it easy on them.

Reactions: cto
How in the world did Duke lose to Clemson. I watched Clemson play NC last night at a restaurant and Clemson was awful.
Awful would be charitable.

What is Pitt's seed right now? The resume is what a 7 or 8?

Not surprised by this outcome. At any given time they will have 4 shooters on the floor. I'm a bit worried, not going to lie at all. We have a tendency to give up some 3s.

When you play Pitt man to man you take away their freedom to move to open spots and hurt their ability to pass the ball. They lack creators on offense off the dribble. Duke has a ton of options and are very athletic. Our zone plays to their strengths, passing and offensive rebounds.

I think you nailed it. Duke is now a good M2M team at this stage of the season. Took awhile but they played good D tonight. Pitt doesn't have enough talent on offense to deal with that.

We have not played a team this season that comes anywhere even remotely close to the level of play that Duke exhibited toward the end of this game. Pitt gave them way too many good looks from the 3 and if you do that they are going to make them. Duke demonstrated the ability to drive to the hoop, make the short shots, and shoot well from the 3.

We will know everything we need to know in terms of our chances for a NC after our game w/ Duke.

Of course it'll be a tough game.
The old ACC had to have one decent team.
There are about a dozen other teams that would present similar challenges.
Now...bring 'em in.
Let's see what happens.

I think you nailed it. Duke is now a good M2M team at this stage of the season. Took awhile but they played good D tonight. Pitt doesn't have enough talent on offense to deal with that.

Yeah, outside of Jabari, they're pretty solid defensively. I expect they'll put Hood on CJ, and I honestly expect that CJ will struggle big time against him. But if we can get Jabari matched up on Jerami, or feed Rak early and often, I think we can beat him up pretty badly on that end and possibly get him in foul trouble.

We have not played a team this season that comes anywhere even remotely close to the level of play that Duke exhibited toward the end of this game. Pitt gave them way too many good looks from the 3 and if you do that they are going to make them. Duke demonstrated the ability to drive to the hoop, make the short shots, and shoot well from the 3.

We will know everything we need to know in terms of our chances for a NC after our game w/ Duke.

We'll have another chance at them at their house too. But I think our two games against them will say a lot.

Yeah, outside of Jabari, they're pretty solid defensively. I expect they'll put Hood on CJ, and I honestly expect that CJ will struggle big time against him. But if we can get Jabari matched up on Jerami, or feed Rak early and often, I think we can beat him up pretty badly on that end and possibly get him in foul trouble.
Cj will work that dude in M2m

If Duke plays at that level Saturday, there is a good chance we lose and a good chance they will award themselves another ACC regular season title at season's end. If we allow that even in this "perfect storm" season, I am going to feel ill.

f duke

Syracuse will soar to righteous victory

holy cow, can we stop sucking duke's di.cks??????????? geez. are we 19-0 or not??? is the game at the dome or not????? duke wont play this well on saturday cuz we wont allow them to. we're better than pitt, and duke will see that on saturday. and so will some of you guys who all of a sudden are scared of duke.

holy cow, can we stop sucking duke's di.cks??????????? geez. are we 19-0 or not??? is the game at the dome or not????? duke wont play this well on saturday cuz we wont allow them to. we're better than pitt, and duke will see that on saturday. and so will some of you guys who all of a sudden are scared of duke.

Cj will work that dude in M2m

I hope he does, but CJ is pretty prone to turning it over if a guy can get up into him and make him put the ball on the ground, and Hood is a really solid defender. His length is huge defensively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom