Duke/Syracuse Recruiting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke/Syracuse Recruiting

Again if I recall correctly I don't think Syracuse was in the final two. I think it was Duke and Rutgers but I could be wrong. I personally don't think Lance Thomas was a bust, he was a 3-4 year starter IIRC and was a huge part of our 2010 team. He was in the NBA a little bit but I don't know if he stuck anywhere.

Paulus was a big bust.

Paulus wasn't so much a bust as basketball was his second best sport. People saw him as something he wasnt. The Mickey D AA selection probably didnt help that. Had he wanted a career in professional sports, he would have gone the football route. However, he chose to be a basketball coach and took the best possible path to achieve that. Why he is with Thug Matta, heck only knows.

Paulus was one hell of a QB in HS. And he wasn't all that bad as a 5th year college player.

Alex Murphy, who just quit the Duke squad & transferred to Florida, had SU on his short list but I don't recall if the interest was mutual. Francis?

It's weird how Duke and Syracuse are both elite programs yet very, very rarely battle for a top recruit. All the recruits listed in this thread aren't even real battles between Duke and Syracuse, they are more along the lines of at one point both Duke and Syracuse were recruiting the player and then one of the programs faded out and looked elsewhere.

I think kids of a certain type and personality tend to go to Duke and kids of a different type and personality tend to go to Syracuse...and there's not a lot of overlap.

Greg Paulus was an obvious fit for the Duke basketball program. I never could picture him at Cuse.

Alex Murphy, who just quit the Duke squad & transferred to Florida, had SU on his short list but I don't recall if the interest was mutual. Francis?
We were on the list but I don't recall it being anything mutually serious. He committed to Duke early and actually reclassified one year early to go there.

Paulus was one hell of a QB in HS.
I saw him play many times in HS. It really was like watching Drew Brees pick apart a pop warmer team. If anyone is curious, search his high school highlight tape on youtube, there's a clip of his plays from CBA vs. Ray Rice's team. Johnny Manziel type stuff.

I would say don't compare our recruiting to duke. Duke plays dork basketball Cuse plays swag.

Its like a basketball rule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom