Duke's Jalen Johnson will forgo remainder of season, enter NBA Draft | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Duke's Jalen Johnson will forgo remainder of season, enter NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    443.4 KB · Views: 111
You look at this fellow's site long enough it looks like we're close to having our own Jalen Johnson to worry about!!!!

"They got rid of a guy that wouldn't pass the ball to anybody and just shot it every time, and that's why they're good now," Boeheim said. "Patrick [Ewing] can't say that but I can. He lost two games for them by himself."

For as bold and out there as Boeheim's take on the Johnson situation is, however, it's not a totally far-out stance. Per data from Evan Miyakawa, who runs a college basketball advanced analytics site, Johnson is the only Duke player this season who has a negative team efficiency margin on the season factoring in impact and efficiency between offense and defense. Still, it's probably too soon to say whether it's going to help or hurt Duke in the long run."
I’m sure JB was thinking about analytics when he made the comment.

He really can’t help himself huh? There was no point in even responding to the question or making that comment. I get his lovefest for K but lordy

And it’s even funnier you got people in here DEFENDING his words and actions...he doesn’t know this kid AT all, probably has never met him and wants to comment that he was hurting the team...like really? He’s a extremely young man, doing what he feels BEST for HIMSELF.

Interesting to see DaJuan comment under that initial tweet saying he doesn’t agree with Boeheim’s comments and basically wishes he knew what he knows now when he was 18. Not good.

wow...whole lotta snowflakes in this thread.

JB aint wrong. Ef duke. jj.

I LIKE what he said. a lot. if it scares off recruits...good...they are the ones that will be toxic anyway.

dude is spoiled and entitled. duke is too.

spoiled entitled players acting like they ish dont stink. and we arent allowed to talk about it? JB aint allowed to have an opinion.

1st amendment is hanging by a thread in USA. tyranny of the majority was real in the 1700s...still real now.

guaranteed this jj guy will be a NBA washout. 100%

i hate this whole politcally correct BS nowadays. what jalen did is garbage.

he wants to EAT off of Duke and NCAABB but doesnt wanna strap in when the going gets tough?

would you want your NBA team drafting this loser? if the answer is no then stop talking about JB in this. (it should be no too, btw)

the whole socio-political narrative of the last 4oo years has nothing to do with honoring commitment and putting your name on something and meaning it. jalen is everything that is wrong with sports and society, imo.

if what he is doing here is cool...the NCAABB's days are numbered. and its a small number.

if you dont wanna play go play in europe or australia or gleauge...no one is forcing these players to do anything. i think what bazley did was horrible too...and taurean thompson. its about word and honoring commitment...something i beleive in but not many do anymore.

Just pretend for a minute that you're not a player who is "looking out for what's best for him".

If a team sells tickets, and the best players quit as you approach the end of the season, how do you feel about that if you are a season ticket holder?

If you are a sports / broadcasting network, and the biggest 5 or 10 players in the sport, who you have promoted all season long, quit just as the playoffs are starting, how is that going to go over?

I just got a refund on my cable bill last fall because broadcast rights holders demanded money back for the lack of broadcast product from various sports leagues.

How would you have felt if Melo had decided in early March 2003 to sit out the rest of the season to avoid injury?

This is not an abstract issue. Leagues are going to lose fans if this becomes commonplace.

Loss of fans (or loss of eyeballs) means loss of revenue, first to the broadcaster, but then to the program or franchise, who loses broadcast rights fees.

We are only at the very beginning of this trend. Saying "quite a few" college football players did it is not really accurate. Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, all those teams had almost all of their star players for the football playoffs. Trevor Lawrence didn't sit out at Clemson.
Name on the front or the back

I LIKE what he said. a lot. if it scares off recruits...good...they are the ones that will be toxic anyway.

spoiled entitled players acting like they ish dont stink. and we arent allowed to talk about it? JB aint allowed to have an opinion.

1st amendment is hanging by a thread in USA. tyranny of the majority was real in the 1700s...still real now.

he wants to EAT off of Duke and NCAABB but doesnt wanna strap in when the going gets tough?

would you want your NBA team drafting this loser? if the answer is no then stop talking about JB in this. (it should be no too, btw)

the whole socio-political narrative of the last 4oo years has nothing to do with honoring commitment and putting your name on something and meaning it. jalen is everything that is wrong with sports and society, imo.

if what he is doing here is cool...the NCAABB's days are numbered. and its a small number.

if you dont wanna play go play in europe or australia or gleauge...no one is forcing these players to do anything. i think what bazley did was horrible too...and taurean thompson. its about word and honoring commitment...something i beleive in but not many do anymore.
He said “1st amendment”, lol.

Think we’re cutting him too much slack. We know he doesn’t care what other people think and says what he says. He has a long history of that. This was unnecessary and dumb. Hurt his national perception, and by consequence/default our program’s.
I think there is little that can hurt us national perception

What are your thoughts on the War on Christmas?

Is wrong he should worry about his own team. Also getting his butt to the airport to get us some guards who can break down a defense. Shut up and coach

That is quite a post.

Wonder if JB goes after Bilas like he does locals who disagree with him?
Jim needs to stop commenting on issues outside of SU Basketball. Its ok to put his finger up his nose but he needs to keep his foot out of his mouth.

What did Boeheim actual gain in talking about Jackson? He made himself look like a moron across the country and basically shows once again how he talks down to people. We wonder why recruits don’t want to come here? Dejuan Coleman tweet explains it

What did Boeheim actual gain in talking about Jackson? He made himself look like a moron across the country and basically shows once again how he talks down to people. We wonder why recruits don’t want to come here? Dejuan Coleman tweet explains it
ESPN slamming JB this morning.

noble SU fans on SU fan site, believing with all their hearts they're engaging in some kind of truth-to-power exercise:
MUST COME TO THE RESCUE OF POOR DEFENSELESS (soon to be multi millionaire lottery pick who just decided to quit) DUKE PLAYER AGAINST OUR MEAN NASTY SENILE HORRIBLE COACH
Their hate knows no bounds. They have so much hate in their hearts that they hate the truth. It’s pathetic.

God bless JB for inadvertently trolling these buffoons.

Slandering alleged-victims of s e xual abuse was a worse moment in my opinion.
I want to preface this by saying you are correct. Every victim should have their voice and be able to do it free from ridicule, every victim deserves the utmost support.

With that being said, those two were in every bar on the North side of the lake talking about how they were going to take Syracuse to the cleaner and bragging about what they were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.