Duke's Jalen Johnson will forgo remainder of season, enter NBA Draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke's Jalen Johnson will forgo remainder of season, enter NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!!!
1613433691282.gif

I couldn’t believe when ESPN compared this kid to Magic Johnson before the Michigan State game.

This should be required sports rule;

If you’re about to compare somebody to Magic, LeBron, Jordan, or any tier 1 all time great...don’t do it. Find someone similar physically and style of play wise from the “hall of very good” who coincidentally may have been one of the first to get those ridiculous comparisons thrown on themselves, like a Steve Smith or a Jerry Stackhouse, and leave it at that.

I couldn’t believe when ESPN compared this kid to Magic Johnson before the Michigan State game.
Yeah that stuff drives me crazy. I understand the comparisons are often supposed to just be representative of the style of play or whatever, but any comparisons to top 10 players of all time... ALL TIME... are just so silly to me.

Is the blonde who i think it is? if so, I'm surprised by you brian
That's a teary-eyed princess as her king leaves the castle for the last time. Brian is killing it.

Without starting a stir, I think it’s very interesting what Coach K said. Everyone knows this kid quit on the team and K just said this is what’s best for the kid and the player. The real stuff always trickles out, the media info. As Goodman reported, their were issues. But you won’t see a bad thing come out of Coach K’s mouth because recruiting depends on it.

speaking of quitting...can people quit naming their chirruns jalen and jaden already?

those 2 names are waaaaaay too popular for some reason

Without starting a stir, I think it’s very interesting what Coach K said. Everyone knows this kid quit on the team and K just said this is what’s best for the kid and the player. The real stuff always trickles out, the media info. As Goodman reported, their were issues. But you won’t see a bad thing come out of Coach K’s mouth because recruiting depends on it.
But K is the one or one of his ass'ts on K's orders leaking the bad stuff. K knows how to play the game

But K is the one or one of his ass'ts on K's orders leaking the bad stuff. K knows how to play the game

Yes of course, that’s what I was alluding too. As long as it doesn’t come from K’s mouth directly, he can deny the “leaks”. As you said, he knows how to play the game. You never say stuff on paper or in a presser because then you can’t deny it. And when the name of the game is recruiting, you can’t make an NBA kid look bad for deciding on the NBA even if it looks terrible because you can’t be the reason his draft stock plummets. So he goes along with it and leaks the real story to media people on Twitter.

Members of the sport media complex have no right to dunk on students laboring to earn universities revenue during a pandemic. In fact, Jalen Johnson and his teammates are subsidizing Rothstein's pay checks through their unpaid work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom