Duke's match-ups vs Syracuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Duke's match-ups vs Syracuse

Yes. They are built similarly and have complete offensive games at that age. Post game (back to the basket and facing the basket) mid-range, three point shot and attacking the hoop. Parker's shooting form looks a little like Melo's too.

Yes, similar release. I don't know if the stats would back me up, but I think Melo may have been a little more consistent from deep. Parker's been stroking it lately but has been inconsistent. Parker has a little baby fat too (like Melo did as well). I think Parker is a much better passer at this stage.

Parker had a stretch at the start of ACC play where he was not shooting well from anywhere, especially from three which caused his percentages to drop. I think he tends to float around the perimeter too much. From my eyes he seems pretty near unstoppable in the post and attacking the basket. I think he needs to work inside and then go out instead of starting outside and then going in. But he is going to have shoot it well against you guys, he won't have many driving or post opportunities.

Parker had a stretch at the start of ACC play where he was not shooting well from anywhere, especially from three which caused his percentages to drop. I think he tends to float around the perimeter too much. From my eyes he seems pretty near unstoppable in the post and attacking the basket. I think he needs to work inside and then go out instead of starting outside and then going in. But he is going to have shoot it well against you guys, he won't have many driving or post opportunities.

Boeheim always hammered Melo about this same point. Start inside, work your way outside. Melo would tend to drift to the perimeter, but his strong suit was being able to score inside a myriad of ways and then loosen up the defense and his outside shot would be there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom