Dumas says Mali Gone | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Dumas says Mali Gone

The fans are better served...questionable if kids are better served playing for free.

I'm going to be a Syracuse fan regardless of what these kids do. And I'll root for them when they're in the NBA. I just think kids are better off waiting until their ready before jumping. Some are ready after a year (or before), some aren't.

It can be a bad one.

Just like anything. No difference. Successes and failures. My guess is there aren't many that stay in college extra years that regret it, unless they hate being big man on campus or have a career-ending injury.

Ask Marcus Paige if he regrets not leaving early.

Just like anything. No difference. Successes and failures. My guess is there aren't many that stay in college extra years that regret it, unless they hate being big man on campus or have a career-ending injury.

Ask Marcus Paige if he regrets not leaving early.

You can play the game back and forth a thousand times about regrets leaving early. There are just as many regrets for staying when you shouldn't have.

also - in the event Mal declares and stays in, don't forget about the prospect of Diallo reclassing and committing
Please God make this happen

You can play the game back and forth a thousand times about regrets leaving early. There are just as many regrets for staying when you shouldn't have.

Not sure that's accurate, but I can't say with 100% certainty so I'll let it go.

I will say that I'm pretty sure these kids enjoy the spotlight college basketball gives them, the status on campus it gives them, the gear it gives them and, for the vast majority, the college degree that it gives them. Not sure many regret any of that.

Not sure that's accurate, but I can't say with 100% certainty so I'll let it go.

I will say that I'm pretty sure these kids enjoy the spotlight college basketball gives them, the status on campus it gives them, the gear it gives them and, for the vast majority, the college degree that it gives them. Not sure many regret any of that.

It's much worse to stay and not make anything than leaving early and end up in a situation like Ennis. Strike when the iron is hot and play it out.

You don't think they can throw a 100k aside and buy an education when their career is done?

If these guys wanted to be "big man on campus" then why have so many guys left us to be late first round/second round picks? If you polled the top 100 recruits coming in every year I have zero doubt that over 90% of them have the main goal of playing in the NBA. Basketball is their life, the eat, sleep, and drink it.

I think fans in general overrate the "college experience."

I think McCullough regrets leaving early.

The NBA is a business.

College is fun.

Looks like fun, working for free.

What has given you any inclination that McCullough regrets leaving early?

Totally irrelevant.

How's that irrelevant? Getting yelled at by millionaire coaches who expect perfect when you're not making a penny.

I have no doubt playing a game is fun but they want to play in the NBA first and foremost. All Syracuse and ANY college is a stepping stone.

I think McCullough regrets leaving early.

The NBA is a business.

College is fun.

I don't get the whole thinking of it all, its like a kid if he doesn't leave now he will never get to the nba. The nba isn't going anywhere in the next year.

And you, as a fan, are one to judge this?

Whos judging? I'm just giving my opinion.

I think for the vast majority of high major recruits getting to the League has been a life long dream. I'm sure they don't hate being BMOC, but given the opportunity, they'll jump at the first opportunity to get drafted.

We can agree to disagree - but the NBA is an absolute grind and is a lot less fun than you think it is. And it's also a cut throat situation.

College basketball isn't a cutthroat situation? Ask Kaleb Joseph, top 50 recruit who isn't playing.

I don't get the whole thinking of it all, its like a kid if he doesn't leave now he will never get to the nba. The nba isn't going anywhere in the next year.

The NBA will go somewhere if you don't improve. Grant sticks around and say he does even improve a little bit, he may never sniff the NBA.

You tell these kids to stick around when it might be their only chance to make it. How would you like to be the guy who gave McAdoo his advice to stay in school and improve?

The NBA will go somewhere if you don't improve. Grant sticks around and say he does even improve a little bit, he may never sniff the NBA.

You tell these kids to stick around when it might be their only chance to make it. How would you like to be the guy who gave McAdoo his advice to stay in school and improve?

For every Mcadoo there is 10 guys who leave long before they are ready. If you don't think your going to get any better, what does that say about you?

Is it your opinion that every player on every team, made the right decision to go pro?

For every Mcadoo there is 10 guys who leave long before they are ready. If you don't think your going to get any better, what does that say about you?
On the other hand Brian, has anyone evr questioned a kid who left early to act? Or to do play by play like Marv Albert did? We only talk about this because we want our teams to win.

How about Buddy Hield who stayed 4 years, had he gone to the nba, he might have been a first round pick, now he is a top ten pick, because he worked on his game.

For every Mcadoo there is 10 guys who leave long before they are ready.
images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom