Dungey’s behavior | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey’s behavior

I agree but the sideline play the one player did protect himself with having his helmet in his hands and made a slight jabbing motion with it.

I apologize ahead of time if this has already been mentioned. I think Dungey’s behavior was really poor after he came back into the game. He shoved a WMU kid on the sideline and then apparently tried to make ammends by picking up a WMU defender that just put a big hit on him. Why would you try to do that? I get that he plays on emotions and has some attitude that makes him the player he is. I just don’t understand why he did some of the dumb things he did Friday night.

If he wants to be a a big time player, he has to stop with the shenanigans. Keep your composure and play the game. If an opposing player did that at the dome, the crowd would be calling him names too. Enough of the Cam Newton first down signals. Give the referee the ball and go back to the huddle and run another play. Eric is the reason Evan Adams was ejected. He was doing his job by protecting his quarterback. Eric is the leader of this team not a redshirt Freshman like Devito. I really hope he gets his head on straight because I want him to be successful and enjoy pulling for him.
I would have done the same thing during the heat of the battle. If I run into the sideline and a player lifts his helmet into me i am going to react the same way Dungey did. It is easy for you to sit back and play arm chair QB and judge a guy who plays with emotion and has more heart and soul than anyone on the team. I for one saw nothing that he did wrong, to include trying to pick up the WMU guy of the field. I have watched the first incident on the sideline at least four more times and I would do the same thing Dungey did 100% of the time in the heated battle. Keep playing your game ED, no matter how critical everyone seems to be of you. Stay Healthy!!

Bit surprised by this thread, from what Ive seen the kid is a class act and the face of our football program.

Love the emotion and energy he plays with. Nothing wrong with having some "swagger", play the game hard the way it should played and thats what I see ED doing...

I seem to be in the minority here, but what I saw was 1) Dungey reacting after the WMU put a helmet to his facemask/throat area. No idea of intention but I could see why he was pissed. And 2) helping on opponent up and losing balance, making it look like a much more malicious event than it was. They don't topple over and everyone is talking about what a good sport Dungey is instead of this thread.

As a referee - different sport - my view was there was nothing sportsman-like in Dungeys attempt to lift the player off the ground. I’ll cut ED some slack on the sideline play. I do think the WMU lifted his helmet into Dungeys chin instead of trying to break his impact. Combined with the taunting the
sideline, and ED was instigator. Penalize him before things get ugly and out of hand.

As a referee - different sport - my view was there was nothing sportsman-like in Dungeys attempt to lift the player off the ground. I’ll cut ED some slack on the sideline play. I do think the WMU lifted his helmet into Dungeys chin instead of trying to break his impact. Combined with the taunting the
sideline, and ED was instigator. Penalize him before things get ugly and out of hand.
Maybe it’s time to put the whistle away.

I apologize ahead of time if this has already been mentioned. I think Dungey’s behavior was really poor after he came back into the game. He shoved a WMU kid on the sideline and then apparently tried to make ammends by picking up a WMU defender that just put a big hit on him. Why would you try to do that? I get that he plays on emotions and has some attitude that makes him the player he is. I just don’t understand why he did some of the dumb things he did Friday night.

If he wants to be a a big time player, he has to stop with the shenanigans. Keep your composure and play the game. If an opposing player did that at the dome, the crowd would be calling him names too. Enough of the Cam Newton first down signals. Give the referee the ball and go back to the huddle and run another play. Eric is the reason Evan Adams was ejected. He was doing his job by protecting his quarterback. Eric is the leader of this team not a redshirt Freshman like Devito. I really hope he gets his head on straight because I want him to be successful and enjoy pulling for him.

Poor behavior? LOL. The WMU kid throat punched him with his helmet. Didn't seem like a sportsmanlike way to slow an opposing player down coming into the sidelines. Dungey took offense. He should have went all-BC on that dude.

I have a different mindset about the scuffle. Dungey can't be the type who plays with the swag he does, holding up money signs, looking back and talking to opponents sidelines, then expect it to be okay when he is pulling a opponent up after a successful run. If Im that defender, I dont want his help. Dont talk crap to us and then try to be nice, Im trying to kill you next chance I get. I get what he was doing but ED was better off not helping him up IMO, especially it being right after the sideline thing. I love Dungey but it doesnt mean I won't point out the negative. He has to work on playing with emotion and funneling it.

Last edited:
Yeah, he needs to watch himself because he is NOT some Baker Mayfield who has a fantastic arm and all the intangibles. Dungey won’t even get drafted, IMO. But, like others have said, he is the heart and soul of the team and they respond to his feisty play.

Mayfield never ran for 200 yds so ;)

Yeah, he needs to watch himself because he is NOT some Baker Mayfield who has a fantastic arm and all the intangibles. Dungey won’t even get drafted, IMO. But, like others have said, he is the heart and soul of the team and they respond to his feisty play.
Thankfully, your opinion means nothing.

I have a different mindset about the scuffle. Dungey can't be the type who plays with the swag he does, holding up money signs, looking back and talking to opponents sidelines, then expect it to be okay when he is pulling a opponent up after a successful run. If Im that defender, I dont want his help. Dont talk crap to us and then try to be nice, Im trying to kill you next chance I get. I get what he was doing but ED was better off not helping him up IMO, especially it being right after the sideline thing. I love Dungey but it doesnt mean I won't point out the negative. He has to work on playing with emotion and funneling it.
Yeah, and picking up the other player wasn't being helpful, it was weird. If I was that player I'd wonder what the Hell he was doing

He has been our starting quarterback for three years I think he has proven that he can funnel his emotions!!!

The other guy was awful and made Dino look bad for having faith in him to preserve a 4 TD lead. Just one game but its clear we are nothing without Dungey. I've never seen him take shenanigans too far.

I don't want to attack other posters but maybe the OP should take a look in the mirror before he criticizes the only good thing SU football has going for it.

Nice to have Wagner on the schedule next Eric should get us a big enough lead that Devito will get ample opportunity to play/improve.

The other guy was awful and made Dino look bad for having faith in him to preserve a 4 TD lead. Just one game but its clear we are nothing without Dungey. I've never seen him take shenanigans too far.

I don't want to attack other posters but maybe the OP should take a look in the mirror before he criticizes the only good thing SU football has going for it.

Nice to have Wagner on the schedule next Eric should get us a big enough lead that Devito will get ample opportunity to play/improve.
I have looked in the mirror many times. I lead by example. Dungey needs to play like Dungey, not Johnny Manziel. That was the only point I was trying to make. You would all be bashing him if we lost because he was kicked out of the game. Admins please close this debacle of a post.

He has been our starting quarterback for three years I think he has proven that he can funnel his emotions!!!
He's been a starter for 3 years because he's talented but how do you know he hasnt missed reads and checks because he got his competitive juices flowing? I've seen him pull the ball on zone reads several times when he was suppose to give it.

The out of bounds play was a player on the sideline stopping td with a helmet to the chin 7 yds outta bounds did u guys miss that. I woulda lost my sheet. I thought he played with great restraint there and the other one he was helping the kid up and the other player jumped in. What the heck did he do wrong. Did I drink too much during game or what. Did none of this happen.

you have to be realllllyyyyy far down the rabbit hole with some dark tinted orange glasses to think Dungey was just helping up an opponent out of the goodness of his heart. The sideline thing wasn't a big deal and overhyped by the announcers, but the pulling up of the defender by his shoulder pads was weird and wrong. What if the guy was hurt? What if he needed a second? Players help each other up all the time, but the guy on the ground puts up a hand and the guy standing helps pull him up. The player on the ground had no idea what Dungey was doing and wasn't asking for help up. Dungey is 100% wrong there trying to drag up a player on the other team, and the scrum that happened afterward that got Adams kicked of the game and the first half of the next game was the most predictable thing in the world.

The Johnny Manziel money gesture thing is the kind of thing I find immature and roll my eyes at, what in the grant scheme it's whatever. Some players just do that kind of thing, and its the way of the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom