Dungey To the Browns??? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey To the Browns???

He’s not the worst coach. He has the worst roster by far. You can polish a turd...
He is a terrible coach. Didn't use his time outs down 2 scores when Miami is just letting the clock run. Imagine if they recovered the on sides kick? No time left but 3 time outs in their pocket.

Gaze is a dumpster fire but atleast coached his old team to a 10-6 in 2016.
Freddie Kitchens was the QB coach last year and because the HC/OC hated each other’s guts got both fired became the OC. The Browns had a nice run the second half last year but to make the guy the permanent HC was stupid it was like Syracuse hiring Scott Shafer when Marrone left.
In over his head. He should have remained an OC proved it a second year then became a HC candidate.

He was rushed to the HC to keep Baker happy.
Adam Gaze is broken and his team hates his guts.

He is a terrible coach. Didn't use his time outs down 2 scores when Miami is just letting the clock run. Imagine if they recovered the on sides kick? No time left but 3 time outs in their pocket.
I’m not saying he’s a good coach, however I wouldn’t call him the worst. There a coaches with stacked rosters who can’t win.

As a cowboys fan, I would say Jason Garret is a bottom 5 coach. We have as many if not more all pros on the roster than any other team and are constantly underachieving.

To me, it’s about what they do with the talent they have. Time management was piss poor yesterday for sure. Still, Gase has proven he can win games in the past.

Mayfield isn’t the problem. Horrendous play calling and a porous offensive line are killing the Browns.

They also led the league in dropped passes heading into this week. Kitchens has been an abject disaster.
Alsacs tells me dropped passes are the QBs fault

#Eli

Alsacs tells me dropped passes are the QBs fault

#Eli
To be fair you have tried arguing a guy with no votes for an all-pro season is a HOF QB.

Also I am have said this on the OT board if my choices are Trump-Warren/Sanders for POTUS I am writing in Eli Manning.

Mayfield isn’t the problem. Horrendous play calling and a porous offensive line are killing the Browns.

They also led the league in dropped passes heading into this week. Kitchens has been an abject disaster.

Mayfield isn't the problem? He doesn't throw to his All Pro receiver when it matters. He had his defender beat off of the line and would have walked into the end zone. Mayfield never looked his way and threw it to Jarvis Landry in double coverage to lose the game. Eli Manning's corpse would throw it in the air and hope that Odell would come down with it. Mayfield isn't even giving him a chance. His only TD this season came on a 10 yard slant that he broke for 70 yards.

As a Browns fan lifer who watches every game, this is more on the GM Dorsey than Kitchens. The Browns had several excellent candidates after last season, and Dorsey went with a guy who has never been a head coach, nor an OC for that matter. After firing Jackson last year, Kitchens called the plays for the last 8 Browns games.

Dorsey could've hired Mike McCarthy (Packers ex-coach whom he has a solid relationship with from his NFL experiences, etc.) as he was available and really wanted the job...he's still available and the rumor mill is churning. Dorsey has also brought in players that are busting & horrendous. And, it's not Baker, Odell, etc. or any bigger name guys, but rather players getting starter reps and simply not producing.

Anyone who may have seen the Browns/Broncos game yesterday easily witnessed on a few defensive series, missed tackles, wiffs, etc., flat out embarrassing...a joke at the NFL level. These guys should be docked some pay it was so egregious...such gross negligence.

The Broncos got to into the Red Zone, not even once, and still scored 3 TD's. The Browns were in the Red Zone 5 times, and only scored I TD. Now, one can make an argument on some of those plays, but overall, and by far, the failure had to do with extremely poor execution by the PLAYERS. As another poster alluded to, the Browns have been plague by dropped balls left and right, penalties, etc., self-inflicted wounds, beating themselves for the most part. Last weeks game in New England, the Browns had 3 turnovers on 3 snaps, nothing to do with the Pats, 100% Browns implosion. Browns win 20-13 last week if not for shooting themselves in the foot. It has been the tale of their season to date.

He’s not the worst coach. He has the worst roster by far. You can polish a turd...
No, no he really is the worst.

resident Miami fan here

Mayfield isn't the problem? He doesn't throw to his All Pro receiver when it matters. He had his defender beat off of the line and would have walked into the end zone. Mayfield never looked his way and threw it to Jarvis Landry in double coverage to lose the game. Eli Manning's corpse would throw it in the air and hope that Odell would come down with it. Mayfield isn't even giving him a chance. His only TD this season came on a 10 yard slant that he broke for 70 yards.

Oh, he missed that throw - but you don’t think that happens at least 1 time a game to every QB in the league?

Yeah, he missed that yesterday on that drive, it happens, but the game should've never come down to that. Odell isn't getting the ball as much because he's typically double teamed and just not getting open with consistency. And, he whines too much, there hasn't been one game yet where he hasn't dropped a ball or two that were right on the money, through his hands, etc. Some, on key 3rd down plays too. And, don't get me started on his prima-donna BS, the watch, the visor...yesterday he had to change his cleats at halftime as they were against the NFL rules.

Last edited:
To be fair you have tried arguing a guy with no votes for an all-pro season is a HOF QB.

Also I am have said this on the OT board if my choices are Trump-Warren/Sanders for POTUS I am writing in Eli Manning.
It’s not a criteria and other QBs are in with that mark too, but thanks for the info we already knew.

Whats the liklihood that Dungey ever plays a down for the browns?
Dungey has better odds at playing a down at QB than UMass does in joining the Big Ten.
With that said I just hope Dungey gets signed to the 53 man roster. If he gets a callup I would say he is a good chance to get some garbage time play at the very least.

Who cares? Carrying a clipboard in the NFL still beats working a real job.
Ask Ryan Nassib about that.
Nassib got a pension by playing 4 years but I would bet he wishes any other team than Giants/Patriots drafted him. He never got a chance to play and show if he was anything more.
On the other side he is healthy and will get a vested pension at retirement age.

Kitchens called a draw play on fourth and 9 against the Rams. It's an intriguing call.... on third down when you are for sure going for it on fourth.

That might be the worst call this season. A close second is the Matt Patricia call last night on 4th and goal from inside the 5, where they put their best playmakers on the sidelines, went jumbo package and threw a pass to Logan Thomas in the back of the endzone while Marvin Jones and Kenny Golladay WATCHED from the sidelines.

Nassib got a pension by playing 4 years but I would bet he wishes any other team than Giants/Patriots drafted him. He never got a chance to play and show if he was anything more.
On the other side he is healthy and will get a vested pension at retirement age.

Nothing against Ryan, and we all thank him for his contributions in Orange, but -
not really sure there was 'anything more' to show from him at the Pro level.

I personally was shocked that he
A - got drafted at all
B - stuck around that long

He definitely passes the QB eye test; big strapping dude, really smart, huge arm, high character.
But he never quite seemed to have "it" as a next-level QB.

All just my opinion, and YMMV.

$2.2m in career earnings for 10 pass attempts. 90% comp % might be a record for anyone with more than 5 attempts.

Gaze is a dumpster fire but atleast coached his old team to a 10-6 in 2016.
Freddie Kitchens was the QB coach last year and because the HC/OC hated each other’s guts got both fired became the OC. The Browns had a nice run the second half last year but to make the guy the permanent HC was stupid it was like Syracuse hiring Scott Shafer when Marrone left.
In over his head. He should have remained an OC proved it a second year then became a HC candidate.

He was rushed to the HC to keep Baker happy.
Adam Gaze is broken and his team hates his guts.

The Browns hiring Freddie Kitchens would be like SU hiring Joe Adam when Shafer got fired.
Nothing against Ryan, and we all thank him for his contributions in Orange, but -
not really sure there was 'anything more' to show from him at the Pro level.

I personally was shocked that he
A - got drafted at all
B - stuck around that long

He definitely passes the QB eye test; big strapping dude, really smart, huge arm, high character.
But he never quite seemed to have "it" as a next-level QB.

All just my opinion, and YMMV.

There are three guys with the last name Allen starting right now in the nfl.

All you need is the opportunity and a good playcaller.

I think his pro career worked out pretty awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom