Dustin Johnson | Syracusefan.com

Dustin Johnson

433 yd Par 4

Oh so close...

Was watching it live. Had just turned it there after football ended and johnson proceeded to make his only bogey on the 11th. They went to the 12th tee and the announcers said you know that dustin is angry and is going to unleash one.

It was crazy to watch. 5 more inches and it had a chance

oh to be 25 again with this equipment.
Oh to have Paulina Gretzky

Johnson's actually gonna be 34 soon. But yeah even he was talking about his new driver after the round

oh to be 25 again with this equipment.
Yeah. Me too!

Of course, I'd have to hit the ball on the sweet spot every once in a while, since the ball does crazy stuff when you are slightly off-center using pro clubs.

And I'd have to increase my club-head speed from like 60 mph to about 200.

But if I had that equipment...

yeah but when i was 25 i was hitting the ball further than johnson would have been, this equipment is adding 75 yds to his drives.

Jack was using Persimon , that leap from the stuff of the 40s is tiny compared to whats happening today..

yeah but when i was 25 i was hitting the ball further than johnson would have been, this equipment is adding 75 yds to his drives.

Jack was using Persimon , that leap from the stuff of the 40s is tiny compared to whats happening today..

Are you going on the record as stating that using the same equipment as DJ and you were both 25 years of age that you would be outdriving him? WOW. I have seen internet chest pounding but this may take the cake.

it would have been interesting 30 years ago. Its not like he hits the ball a mile. This drive carried around 325+

I know where I hit the ball as a kid using wooden drivers and how far it goes now hitting these things. If you can carry it 250-270 now thats well over 300 back then with Wooden clubs. Shoot these irons are probably 20-30 yds longer than they stuff from the 80s too, then add in the golf balls are way longer.

In college at the BC Open they had a machine to hit off of when you went in and the software didnt measure over 300 carry and when I did it they said I was the only one that week to do it. But I swung out of my socks every swing, same issue today just way shorter.

I was also just as liable to be 100 yds off line as to hit it good.

But this is central ny, its the land of drive and chip shots, we dont play any long holes around here anyway.

Not that he is not the longest and best driver in the world,... but I wish I could find slopes like that after my ball lands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom