Eating my crow | Syracusefan.com

Eating my crow

sufandu

Living Legend
I have to admit, I had low expectations for Lequint Allen with regards to running the ball this year. I expected him to be a finesse guy that was an upgrade catching the ball out of the backfield but a major downgrade running the ball, especially getting the tough yards between the tackles. Boy was I wrong. He fights for extra yards and has been much harder to take down than what I expected and runs like a guy bigger than he is. I don't know if he got a lot better than he was last year, or if his limited time just didn't give him a chance to show it. I hope we can keep him through the coaching change.

Other non-crow eating thoughts:

I'm gonna miss Shrader. He was such a warrior today. You could tell he really wanted to be out there no matter what.

I can't wait to see Villari for the next couple years. Whether the new coach (Mullin?) retains Beck or brings in a new OC, I hope they use him as a swiss army knife. I wish we could've seen him and Gadsden play together.

I don't know where the hands came from today, but I wish we had seen them all year. Guys made some tough catches.

Dino’s wondering too! He would likely still have a job if they were making those catches all year.
Maybe. The oline was probably a bigger issue though.

I have to admit, I had low expectations for Lequint Allen with regards to running the ball this year. I expected him to be a finesse guy that was an upgrade catching the ball out of the backfield but a major downgrade running the ball, especially getting the tough yards between the tackles. Boy was I wrong. He fights for extra yards and has been much harder to take down than what I expected and runs like a guy bigger than he is. I don't know if he got a lot better than he was last year, or if his limited time just didn't give him a chance to show it. I hope we can keep him through the coaching change.

I'm gonna miss Shrader. He was such a warrior today. You could tell he really wanted to be out there no matter what.

I can't wait to see Villari for the next couple years. Whether the new coach (Mullin?) retains Beck or brings in a new OC, I hope they use him as a swiss army knife. I wish we could've seen him and Gadsden play together.

I don't know where the hands came from today, but I wish we had seen them all year. Guys made some tough catches.
We’ve now hit “Mullin” territory

LeQuint doesn’t have that extra gear NFL RB’s need but he plays hard and is just a good football player. He will play another 2 years.

The OL seemed much better with the insertion of Joe Cruz.

LeQuint doesn’t have that extra gear NFL RB’s need but he plays hard and is just a good football player. He will play another 2 years.

The OL seemed much better with the insertion of Joe Cruz.
I wonder how much of the oline play was the personnel change versus simplifying their job once we couldn't throw.

I with you on LA. I wonder if there is any way he could add enough weight to play some sort of H-back role in the NFL. Maybe he's not quite tall enough for that. His recieving skills could help. If not, he could be a David Walker type. A really good college player that just doesn't quite make the league. And there's nothing wrong with that. Some of those guys have been my all time favorites.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom