Eddie Lampkin #44 - DC not happy? | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Eddie Lampkin #44 - DC not happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing all those Instagram comments back and forth between DC, Scoop, Griff, etc., it makes me really sad. I've been following 'Cuse since the 80s. Went to school there in the late 90s. Been covering SU sports for a decade. Lots of great hoops players across many decades, and this is such a bummer. Ugh.

To be fair, Derrick Coleman may be as important as any player we've ever had. He stayed 4 years. His first team came within a foul shot or two of winning the championship for the first time for Syracuse. That was a great moment for SU. He has been a geat cheerleader, also.
To be more fair, he is Derek Coleman not Mr. 44

Scoop said “NYC said you from PG county now the way you actin”

PG County = prince George’s county in Maryland .

Straughn and Engelstad are both from PG County.

From the outside this definitely appears some former players aren’t happy with the coaching moves …
Don't know if this stuff will have any impact on anything but if it does it wont be a positive one.

Red's tenure has been nothing but chaos and as unfortunate as it is I don't think much of it was out of his control outside of booting JBs best recruiting class on their butts year one which would've been insanity.

I feel for Red, the dream job hasn't been a nightmare but it has been anything but a good dream.

Rooting for you Red.

Then it’s on Autry for not thinking ahead about how this would play out.
And no matter what Red says to a kid the kid is going to say he will produce. I'm not disagreeing with you but I don't think it has been handled well by any party.

Not directed at you SUF.

Why wasn't DC contacted? Just ask for the blessing, if you don't get it then have the kid talk to DC and let them figure it out. I think this was a respect thing more than anything. The Gen X era cares soooooooooo much about respect that is can destroy people.

Hopefully they can keep this ish of social media too, not the first time Griff has been gotten into stuff online. Clean it up guys and win some damn games, the last thing we want is a straight up culture change to win. Lets win with our dudes, clock is unfortunately ticking though.

Lol you've had that one in your pocket for like 40 years.
the office GIF

And no matter what Red says to a kid the kid is going to say he will produce. I'm not disagreeing with you but I don't think it has been handled well by any party.

Not directed at you SUF.

Why wasn't DC contacted? Just ask for the blessing, if you don't get it then have the kid talk to DC and let them figure it out. I think this was a respect thing more than anything. The Gen X era cares soooooooooo much about respect that is can destroy people.

Hopefully they can keep this ish of social media too, not the first time Griff has been gotten into stuff online. Clean it up guys and win some damn games, the last thing we want is a straight up culture change to win. Lets win with our dudes, clock is unfortunately ticking though.

So if there is active litigation between him and the school I can’t imagine that contact would be a smart move though. He could I presume use it in his case and would expect he would given the opportunity it provided.

So if there is active litigation between him and the school I can’t imagine that contact would be a smart move though. He could I presume use it in his case and would expect he would given the opportunity it provided.
Makes sense. Sucks seeing an arguably to 20 most famous alum to be this upset publicly I'm not sure both parties can't come to some resolution.

Makes sense. Sucks seeing an arguably to 20 most famous alum to be this upset publicly I'm not sure both parties can't come to some resolution.

Unless something else was posted it seems it’s gone a bit quiet so hoping that conversations are being had even if through a proxy somehow. I’m no lawyer and don’t know the case well enough either so just not sure.

This topic is about a number, not even about basketball.
This. For years I tried to get SU to use 44 in fundraising, which they finally did (probably not at my suggestion), and they use 44 for phone numbers and zip code. 44 is a huge branding tool for SU in sports, but in everything. We have not been very good at branding over the years, and now, maybe we will. My car license plate in AZ is 44 CUSE. So many great football players wore the 44. Bring it back!!
Cuse 44 license plate.jpg

Then it’s on Autry for not thinking ahead about how this would play out.
No Of course not. It's a number. Nothing more. We give out numbers to guys that have had their names retired plenty of times. I know that you are always looking for bad news and someone to blame but the persons to blame are the people that complained about this. Can you imagine what we would be saying if we lost this kid because we wouldn't give him a number? By the way, the number isn't the issue here with either DC or Scoop. It's something else. They are just childishly using this and hurting a kid that doesn't deserve it.

Isn't the litigation about his use of the number 44 for a restaurant or something? So, I would guess they were told not to contact him.

Status
Not open for further replies.