Eli Manning | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Eli Manning

It ends on a long field goal. Blah. That penalty killed the Giants.

Holding penalty on Eli fumble also saved them down 14. Don't think it effected the play at all either.

Are the Giants clueless on defense against the Saints? I've never seen one team consistently not be able to stop the other like in this matchup. Besides the game at Giants Stadium the year Payton was suspended, I don't think the Giants have held the Saints under 40 with Coughlin against Brees/Payton.

198-300 2126 yds 17TD 4int 99.9 rating

where are the haters now??

yesterday was frustrating as all hell, but the NFC East is still theirs for the taking.

beat the bucs...

198-300 2126 yds 17TD 4int 99.9 rating

where are the haters now??

yesterday was frustrating as all hell, but the NFC East is still theirs for the taking.

beat the bucs...
This is Eli out of his mind and still can't get a 100 QBR. :) Kidding.

The reason, at least in my opinion, people downgrade Eli in overall rankings is that it would be no more surprising to see him follow this up with three more great games as it would be three games of incredibly pedestrian performances .

Andy Dalton drifted back toward Earth yesterday.

This is Eli out of his mind and still can't get a 100 QBR. :) Kidding.

The reason, at least in my opinion, people downgrade Eli in overall rankings is that it would be no more surprising to see him follow this up with three more great games as it would be three games of incredibly pedestrian performances .

Andy Dalton drifted back toward Earth yesterday.
funny start and your middle sentence is not far from the truth. the problem with Eli, is so many writers and talking heads went out of their way to kill him, but then he goes out and wins 2 SuperBowls and they hate it. so when he has a year like 2013, they point to that and try to convince everyone that that Eli, is the real Eli and to ignore all the other seasons. he certainly doesnt fear the INT and it pisses a lot of people off. im still of the old Parcells and Simms mindset, where Bill used to yell out during the pregame stretching...'SIMMS!!, if you dont throw 2 interceptions today, then you just arent trying'. of course when you have that defense, it didnt matter. if Eli wasnt basically perfect yesterday, they get blown out with ints mixed in.

Giants schedule left is really hard.
Home Games
Patriots
Jets
Panthers
Eagles

Road games
Bucs
Redskins
Vikings
Dolphins

I don't see more than 4 wins on that schedule. 2-2 at home and I don't think better than 2-2 on the road.

Panthers, Vikings look like NFC playoff teams.

9 wins the NFC East for sure.

Home Games
Patriots
Jets
Panthers
Eagles

Road games
Bucs
Redskins
Vikings
Dolphins

I don't see more than 4 wins on that schedule. 2-2 at home and I don't think better than 2-2 on the road.

Brutal. NFC East and AFC South should forefeit playoff spots. It might be time to do away or change the divisional structure. My Saints could get 10 wins and not get in, while someone with 7 or 8 does.

Home Games
Patriots
Jets
Panthers
Eagles

Road games
Bucs
Redskins
Vikings
Dolphins

8 might be the number

Brutal. NFC East and AFC South should forefeit playoff spots. It might be time to do away or change the divisional structure. My Saints could get 10 wins and not get in, while someone with 7 or 8 does.
That changes all the time. The NFC East was the toughest division for years and they never wined about that.

2010 12-4 Saints at 7-9 Seahawks in the playoffs was a joke.
Atlanta/New Orleans/Seattle/Arizona/Minnesota 4 teams fighting for 2 spots.

NFC is deeper than the AFC. Pittsburgh/NY Jets/Miami/Buffalo/Oakland fighting for 2 spots.

I like more of the NFC middle class than AFC middle class. New England, Cincinnati, Denver though are better than the NFC top 3.

NFC is deeper than the AFC. Pittsburgh/NY Jets/Miami/Buffalo/Oakland fighting for 2 spots.

I like more of the NFC middle class than AFC middle class. New England, Cincinnati, Denver though are better than the NFC top 3.
Better right now. Things in pro football change as you get deeper in to the season. We see it every year.

Home Games
Patriots
Jets
Panthers
Eagles

Road games
Bucs
Redskins
Vikings
Dolphins

The Giants are such a weird team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat any of those teams (Patriots included), and I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to any of them (Tampa included).

Better right now. Things in pro football change as you get deeper in to the season. We see it every year.
Green Bay/Seattle/Carolina are the top 3 NFC teams IMO.
Green Bay's lack of weapons showed up last night. Denver has the best D in the NFL but Talib/Harris completely took Cobb/Adams out of the game and Rodgers didn't throw at all.
Seattle has a good D but NE showed in the SB how to beat them spread the ball and throw to the left side. Seattle's OL is a problem as well.
Carolina has a great D and but outside of Newton-Olson that offense is not scary. Carolina should try to trade ofr Calvin Johnson like I have seen on CBSSports and ESPN.
I would take the AFC over the NFC right now for SB 50.

The Giants are such a weird team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat any of those teams (Patriots included), and I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to any of them (Tampa included).
Outside of Denver or Belichick tanking week 17 to keep guys healthy I think the Giants are the only team I could see NE losing to.
However the Giants D unless they get a pass rush will get destroyed by the Pats O. NE will copy the NO gameplan and have the pieces to do it. NO featured their TE Watson and WR Snead. The Pats could put Edelman and Gronk in those spots and exploit them.

and the 10-6 Giants were at home.

I think that division winners should continue to get a playoff spot regardless of record, but that they shouldn't be guaranteed a home game, so for example, a 7-9 NFC East champion would be on the road against an 11-5 NFC Wildcard team in the first week.

Saints were 11-5 in 2010. Tampa missed the playoffs that year winning 10 games.

I can't wait to see New England's offense against Denver's D. Brady won't get rattled like Rodgers was last night. I do think the New England D will cause Denver problems because Manning needs to set his feet to throw, and the strength of that defense is the front 7.

Saints were 11-5 in 2010. Tampa missed the playoffs that year winning 10 games.

I can't wait to see New England's offense against Denver's D. Brady won't get rattled like Rodgers was last night. I do think the New England D will cause Denver problems because Manning needs to set his feet to throw, and the strength of that defense is the front 7.
Can't wait either. Brady has been rattled in the past if you hit him. Not saying he will, but he also isn't close to as mobile as Rodgers, which saved Rodgers multiple times last night. His line isn't close to as good as GB's either. Although he has the ultimate quick release weapons. Can't wait to see what Phillips dials up. GB was supposed to have a great D too. Wasn't it you talking about how Denver better worry about the Packers pass rush? 0 sacks. But it will be must see tv as it usually is.

Can't wait either. Brady has been rattled in the past if you hit him. Not saying he will, but he also isn't close to as mobile as Rodgers, which saved Rodgers multiple times last night. His line isn't close to as good as GB's either. Although he has the ultimate quick release weapons. Can't wait to see what Phillips dials up. GB was supposed to have a great D too. Wasn't it you talking about how Denver better worry about the Packers pass rush? 0 sacks. But it will be must see tv as it usually is.

Yeah I can't believe Denver's O-Line played that well. I also can't believe they get all three undefeateds at home. I get what your saying about Brady, he's just on a different level this year, but so is the Broncos D. They are as good as Seattles was in 2013 IMO.

Yeah I can't believe Denver's O-Line played that well. I also can't believe they get all three undefeateds at home. I get what your saying about Brady, he's just on a different level this year, but so is the Broncos D. They are as good as Seattles was in 2013 IMO.
I was saying way back, Kubiak will have that line in shape. Ravens had the exact same thing going on when they went on to win a SB. The reason we get NE at home is because the last 4 freakin games we've played them regular season were up there! It's a sore topic around here. We also were at Cinci last time we played them. I know you read PFF. The article they put out today about Denver's D, stats wise is better than Seattle '13. Obviously taken with a grain of salt since we're only in week 7.

Brady doesn't run but his pocket presence this year has been crazy. He isn't a statue in the pocket.
Unlike Green Bay without Nelson the Pats have more weapons in Dion Lewis, Edelman, Amendola, LaFell, Gronk, Chandler than the Packers. Also I think Rodgers holds onto the ball a lot longer than Brady does.

Pats OL is only going to get healthy with Stork, Cannon which will move Volmer back to RT and I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats don't pick up Sean Smith from KC or make move before tomorrow's trade deadline.

Pats D is better than GB's D. Jamie Collins is playing at NFL DPOY level this year.
Pats D is underrated. They have a top 5 front 7. Sheard, Chandler Jones(leads the NFL in sacks), Nikovich are great rotation at DE and the middle with Branch, Silega, Brown, Hicks is deep. Pats might have the best LB core in the NFL with Hightower, Collins, Mayo.

The secondary is actually getting better with Butler, Ryan holding at CB. I don't think Denver will hold NE under 21 points. If the weather isn't good in Denver on November 29th I think NE wins.

Denver at home will tough but unless Peyton can complete verticals I see NE winning. GB went to a zone D last night after Shields and another CB got hurt. That gave D. Thomas open crossing patterns all night. NE will double Thomas w/a safety(Harmon) and will put Butler on Sanders. Sanders will have a bigger game against NE than Thomas will.

Last edited:
Brady doesn't run but his pocket presence this year has been crazy. He isn't a statue in the pocket.
Unlike Green Bay without Nelson the Pats have more weapons in Dion Lewis, Edelman, Amendola, LaFell, Gronk, Chandler than the Packers. Also I think Rodgers holds onto the ball a lot longer than Brady does.

Pats OL is only going to get healthy with Stork, Cannon which will move Volmer back to RT and I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats don't pick up Sam Smith from KC or make move before tomorrow's trade deadline.
Pats D is better than GB's D. Jamie Collins is playing at NFL DPOY level this year.

Pats D is underrated. They have a top 5 front 7. Sheread, Chandler Jones(leads the NFL in sacks), Nikovich are great rotation at DE and the middle with Branch, Silega, Brown, Hicks is deep. Pats might have the best LB core in the NFL with Hightower, Collins, Mayo.

The secondary is actually getting better with Butler, Ryan holding at CB. I don't think Denver will hold NE under 21 points. If the weather isn't good in Denver on November 29th I think NE wins.

Denver at home will tough but unless Peyton can complete verticals I see NE winning. GB went to a zone D last night after Shields and another CB got hurt. That gave D. Thomas open crossing patterns all night. NE will double Thomas w/a safety(Harmon) and will put Butler on Sanders. Sander will have a bigger game against NE than Thomas will.
Yeah, I mentioned Brady has quick release weapons, but we have the best secondary in the game and that's 3 deep with Roby. I would say our LB's Brandon Marshall and Trevathan are some of the best in the league as quiet as they are. And obviously our pass rush is cream of the crop and deep. If Dallas got to Brady like that and the Fins, no matter who lines up there could be in trouble.

Btw, Vollmer and Fleming were the 2 worst rated tackles in football this weekend. That's scary. I didn't hear a single person talking NE's D was better than GB's before today. GB was the leading scoring D in the league. Yeah if it's a blizzard or -40 then yeah Manning will not throw well in all likely hood. And barring crazy conditions Manning has thrown the vertical the last 2 games. Btw, DT came out on fire while GB was in their "good" D. He blazed by that one corner so fast he had to pull him and take a penalty. Manning came out firing deep. That was way before Shields got hurt. It wouldn't have mattered last night. GB had 0 answers on either side of the ball.

I think that division winners should continue to get a playoff spot regardless of record, but that they shouldn't be guaranteed a home game, so for example, a 7-9 NFC East champion would be on the road against an 11-5 NFC Wildcard team in the first week.
I agree with that. For baseball as well.

Okay after that last INT by Luck if he isn't seriously hurt right now then Eli Manning is ahead of my current NFL QB rankings.
I mean this has been a brutal game by him tonight and that INT to Colmean was QB clown level bad.

Okay after that last INT by Luck if he isn't seriously hurt right now then Eli Manning is ahead of my current NFL QB rankings.
I mean this has been a brutal game by him tonight and that INT to Colmean was QB clown level bad.
Adam S is reporting that he has cracked ribs. But that can't be because the Colts don't have that on their injury report. That would be a violation of league rules and the Colts would never do that.