Elijah Hughes entering NBA Draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes entering NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think this is a huge mistake... with corona there will probably not be a combine. And i think Hughes to get the most money and be drafted higher needs to be able to show his athleticism in a combine setting

huge mistake ? He has nothing left to accomplish. Have you seen his tape ? Execs were at almost every game the last 20 games. The combine isnt going to take him from a 35/30 pick to top 15. Execs are forced to use tape. this only helps him

Think it's the right move but we are in big trouble next year unless we add a couple players.

huge mistake ? He has nothing left to accomplish. Have you seen his tape ? Execs were at almost every game the last 20 games. The combine isnt going to take him from a 35/30 pick to top 15. Execs are forced to use tape. this only helps him
I think he means because of the Corona virus that changes alot.

All things being equal though. The next 12 months need to represent a completely different world. All rules need to relax. There will be no camps. Not nearly enough chances for players to get the perspective of who and what they are.
I’d give them a very long rope to decide to come back.

But there’s no workouts this year? At least now. So do they give them feedback based on their tapes?
there's a piece up on espn, and yeah sounds like feedback based on their college performances is basically what the "process" will be this yr for players

All things being equal though. The next 12 months need to represent a completely different world. All rules need to relax. There will be no camps. Not nearly enough chances for players to get the perspective of who and what they are.
I’d give them a very long rope to decide to come back.

The rule should be as long as you don’t sign with an agent or sign a contract, you can return...and I might even allow the sign with an agent part.

The rule should be as long as you don’t sign with an agent or sign a contract, you can return...and I might even allow the sign with an agent part.

They’ve changed the rules.

You CAN sign w an agent.
They can even pay for related expenses towards the player auditioning for teams, etc.

And the player still retains the option to return to college -
as long as the agent they use is NCAA Approved (whatever that means.)

They’ve changed the rules.

You CAN sign w an agent.
They can even pay for related expenses towards the player auditioning for teams, etc.

And the player still retains the option to return to college -
as long as the agent they use is NCAA Approved (whatever that means.)

Then they should take the next step and allow players to go through the draft and find out what they are actually being offered before they have to forfeit remaining eligibility. It’s actually kind of unconscionable that this is not the rule.

But there’s no workouts this year? At least now. So do they give them feedback based on their tapes?

Not sure who puts the players tape together but that’s what’s happening now. Making tape for all execs and they are basing everything off the tape and what they saw in person but the tape is main element right now without workouts

Not sure who puts the players tape together but that’s what’s happening now. Making tape for all execs and they are basing everything off the tape and what they saw in person but the tape is main element right now without workouts

Gonna make for an interesting draft.

Do they measure their own wingspans? Or can social distancing be ignored to get the official wingspan measurement?

kinda fascinated by how all this is going to go.

What does this mean? What exactly is the “process” at the current moment?

Imagine that everything is going to get pushed back 2 or 3 months including start of next season. Players have to have an offseason which will allow for fairly normal timetable for all of the draft process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom