Elijah Hughes entering NBA Draft | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes entering NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
im Being told August and there will be no combine. I posted a month ago about how this is gonna help eli and how it’s going to help him become first rounder. It’s going to happen and good for him... he deserves it
There are currently 205 underclassmen that have entered their name into the draft (60 total spots). I think the biggest help to Eli will be the lack of European players in this year's draft.

Nice!!!

He’s a guy I can see benefitting more than most from the better spacing in the NBA. The measurables teams look for are all there. The skills ain’t bad either. Good handle for his size, ability to defend a few positions, good range, quick release, strong finishes in traffic. Not truly elite or great at any one thing, but quite good at just about everything.

im Being told August and there will be no combine. I posted a month ago about how this is gonna help eli and how it’s going to help him become first rounder. It’s going to happen and good for him... he deserves it
Will they follow the NFL and do a virtual draft?

That is a pretty nice write up. I think when you add in that he is a great teammate, a strong leader and a high character guy, he should have a place in the league for a long time.
It's interesting analysis about the value of his position from a contractual standpoint too. He'll get picked in the second no doubt -- the question is whether someone sees value in him late first.

Write up from Kevin O’Connor who has him 43rd on his big board:

FACA045A-9D5E-49E3-A5D5-E1FAFF896ED4.png

Round 1 pick 27 to the Raptors in this mock. Go Elijah!

The more teams learn about Elijah Hughes the more they like. He soaked up a ton of defensive attention last season and yet still averaged 19 points on a fairly efficient volume for Syracuse, averaging 34.1% from the 3-point line on 228 attempts. His scoring coupled with his 6-6 frame could give the Raptors a real playmaking threat on the wing they lack.

Round 1 pick 27 to the Raptors in this mock. Go Elijah!

The more teams learn about Elijah Hughes the more they like. He soaked up a ton of defensive attention last season and yet still averaged 19 points on a fairly efficient volume for Syracuse, averaging 34.1% from the 3-point line on 228 attempts. His scoring coupled with his 6-6 frame could give the Raptors a real playmaking threat on the wing they lack.

I read the article before seeing your post. I hope Eli goes 1st round. He also had 11 PG's in first round....no chance, and did not have Stewart being in the 1st round, but did have Jaden McDaniels...lol.

Write up from Kevin O’Connor who has him 43rd on his big board:

View attachment 181477
Fair assessment. I do agree he was inconsistent from 3, but he took a lot of 3s in late clock situations that weren’t in the flow of the offense, but we needed to get a shot up - so I don’t think those percentages are accurate of the type of 3pt shooter he is

I read the article before seeing your post. I hope Eli goes 1st round. He also had 11 PG's in first round...no chance, and did not have Stewart being in the 1st round, but did have Jaden McDaniels...lol.
Stewart has significantly dropped. Not just in this projection but it seems overall. I'm happy for Eli. I really hope he's a first rounder.

Won't know where he lands likely until September. Looks like draft will be pushed back until then.

I read the article before seeing your post. I hope Eli goes 1st round. He also had 11 PG's in first round...no chance, and did not have Stewart being in the 1st round, but did have Jaden McDaniels...lol.

Regarding McDaniel's / Stewart that is the consensus. McDaniel is the more highly regarding prospect.

Regarding McDaniel's / Stewart that is the consensus. McDaniel is the more highly regarding prospect.
You are probably correct...i dont really know. But watching Huskies games last year, they were better without Jaden on the floor. One of those that just may never really get it basketball instinct wise

You are probably correct...i dont really know. But watching Huskies games last year, they were better without Jaden on the floor. One of those that just may never really get it basketball instinct wise

Just based on what I have seen based on looking at some mock drafts and draft talk on Raps board (where Stewart is discussed as a possibility at #27). I long ago gave up my ability to scout these players... even moreso this year when I did not see many of the games and don't even really follow top rated frosh like I used too.

Elijah will be on a short list of Orangemen for me where it becomes temporarily weird to see the team without him on it.

Looking at the past 20 years, he’s one of our greats this century, undoubtedly, imo

Hope he’s been able to keep up his conditioning and everything. Wonder if we could allow him back on campus to work out and prep?

Hope he’s been able to keep up his conditioning and everything. Wonder if we could allow him back on campus to work out and prep?
He’s been working out in his hometown Beacon, NJ. Matt Moyer and a couple other collegiate guys work out with him I believe.

Anyone hearing anything on who might be interested in Elijah? Who he has worked out for or done interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom