Elijah Hughes entering NBA Draft | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes entering NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that there will be an NFL draft tomorrow, I think we can all expect with near certainty that there will be an NBA draft later this year.
The NFL had their combine how is the nba reasonably going to have a draft without a combine or getting the chance to work these kids out?

Because the.nfl is the NFL. Plus they had a combine. How is the nba going to have a draft without a combine or workouts?
100% there will be an NBA draft.
They are going to start back up in June as a league.

The next full season isn’t going to restart till December after this season ends.
The draft will occur a week before whenever NBA free agency occurs.
The NBA will have free agency thus they will have a draft.

The NFL had their combine how is the nba reasonably going to have a draft without a combine or getting the chance to work these kids out?

Because a combine is far less important in football than it is for basketball -- c'mon.

100% there will be an NBA draft.
They are going to start back up in June as a league.

The next full season isn’t going to restart till December after this season ends.
The draft will occur a week before whenever NBA free agency occurs.
The NBA will have free agency thus they will have a draft.
When are they doing the draft? The NHL is talking about coming back in July what if the nba wants to do something similar?

When are they doing the draft? The NHL is talking about coming back in July what if the nba wants to do something similar?
The draft could be in August or September. NBA even if they cancel the rest of their season will have a draft.

The NHL missed an entire season and still had a draft that season.

The draft could be in August or September. NBA even if they cancel the rest of their season will have a draft.

The NHL missed an entire season and still had a draft that season.
What are the kids who are borderline picks who could go back to school going to do? Assuming colleges open in the fall.

What are the kids who are borderline picks who could go back to school going to do? Assuming colleges open in the fall.
That's not the NBA's problem. What would I do if a potential employment opportunity was uncertain? I would hedge my bets by keeping every door open I could.

The NBA had drafts for decades without a combine, and individual workouts are helpful in scouting, but if you can't have them, so be it. The front offices will just have to do their best with game tape.

Did you know there is an NFL draft starting tomorrow? Why in heavens name wouldn’t there be an NBA draft in June?
Because the sky is falling and life on earth is ending. Don't you watch the news?

That's an NCAA problem, not an NBA problem.

The NCAA won't do it, but they could make a special exception that in these circumstances players that are not drafted and don't sign free agent deals are able to retain their eligibility and return to NCAA competition.

Elijah is one of those cuse guys who just came at the "wrong" time. He so much deserved to have more talent around him - that would have been so good to watch. That said, imagine had he not transferred to Syracuse. That would have been scary for us.

Christmas is another guy who I sorta feel bad for. He was so good his senior year but like Elijah, just not much talent around him. That gets me thinking about what a game between the 2014 and 2019 squads. Yikes! I think I'd actually take the 2019 team if we're talking about them the latter part of the season.

Last edited:
Elijah is one of those cuse guys who just came at the "wrong" time. He so much deserved to have more talent around him - that would have been so good to watch. That said, imagine had he not transferred to Syracuse. That would have been scary for us.

Christmas is another guy who I sorta feel bad for. He was so good his senior year but like Elijah, just not much talent around him. That gets me thinking about what a game between the 2014 and 2019 squads. Yikes! I think I'd actually take the 2019 team if we're talking about them the latter part of the season.

You feel bad for Rak? Have you checked his, uh, "retirement plan" lately? ;)

You feel bad for Rak? Have you checked his, uh, "retirement plan" lately? ;)
If you equate everything to what a person makes financially then no, I don't feel bad for him. However, if you look at other things that matter to many guys, then again, yes I do feel bad that he didn't get a chance to play in the NCAA tourney his senior year after working really hard for 4 years and developing like he did. He's a textbook example of the development that can take place over a college career. Christmas is one of my favorite orangemen. Remember, even Lebron has made comments about playing in college. Not that he regrets his decision to go straight to the NBA, but there is something special about competing in the NCAA tourney. And by the way, Lebron does okay for himself finanically. ;)

This isn't meant at you syrBossHogg, but... D U H.

I really don't understand this one. While I thought Battle should have been sought after more than he was, Elijah just seems to have the skillset of a solid NBA player. He can really do it all. Probably not your franchise player but definitely a starter and difference maker. The fact that we weren't a very good team this past year doesn't explain the snub that I think he's gotten. Don't get it.

This isn't meant at you syrBossHogg, but... D U H.

I really don't understand this one. While I thought Battle should have been sought after more than he was, Elijah just seems to have the skillset of a solid NBA player. He can really do it all. Probably not your franchise player but definitely a starter and difference maker. The fact that we weren't a very good team this past year doesn't explain the snub that I think he's gotten. Don't get it.

Battle would have been more sought after had he used his size and strength to his advantage. Should have been going to the basket more, bullying smaller guards down on the block and in the mid range instead of falling in love with the long range and three.

I wonder when the draft is going to be and will they have some kind of combine.

I wonder when the draft is going to be and will they have some kind of combine.
When they announce a resumption to the season and a playoff schedule, the draft time table should clear up. I could see a combine. By then they should be able to test everyone shortly before and keep them isolated in a hotel until they get the results, if they want to be cautious.

I loved Rak, one of my favorites, but he did make a Final Four.

Feels like any guy that gets to a Final Four has to feel pretty good about their career, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom