Email from 'Cuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Email from 'Cuse

My cousin told me one of his friends is going to the new uniform unveiling ..ive seen nothing online about this..i liked the current threads !

Did they get rid of the block S on the helmet? Sounds like they didn’t. Boo. I like the block S in a vacuum but a clean orange helmet is what helped to differentiate our brand. Instead we are the orange Spartans.
NO ONE under the age of 30 that isn't on this board knows that a "clean orange helmet" is the Syracuse brand any more. Some of you need to get out of 1990.

NO ONE under the age of 30 that isn't on this board knows that a "clean orange helmet" is the Syracuse brand any more. Some of you need to get out of 1990.
Unless they watched the Express

I lived through that era too. But saying we look like orange sparty is silly. Literally no one on earth would turn on a syracuse game and think, “holy shite, Michigan state changed colors!”
I like the Nassib era helmets. Proper orange, proper stripes, and the addition of a logo that finally makes sense, as opposed to that think they put in the lax helmets this year.

There's no difference between '90s helmets and 2012 except of the "S". I'm good either way

I could do without the metallic look, but they are all fine with me. Add the stripe, keep the "S", matte the Orange.

Loved the entire Nassib Era look. It's a shame that Illinois keeps copying our uniforms. Can we get a layout that they won't also wear?

Loved the entire Nassib Era look. It's a shame that Illinois keeps copying our uniforms. Can we get a layout that they won't also wear?

Maybe something like...I dunno... platinum? Nah, that's stupid. Why would we have platinum uniforms?

Nassib era style...and then just scrape the S off! It’ll be cool! Do it!
A reasonable compromise would be to only place the logo on one side of the helmet. Or put a much smaller block S at the end of the stripe on the front or back of the helmet.

There's no difference between '90s helmets and 2012 except of the "S". I'm good either way

View attachment 166062View attachment 166063View attachment 166064

I could do without the metallic look, but they are all fine with me. Add the stripe, keep the "S", matte the Orange.
The problem is a stripe wouldn't make sense with those helmets, aesthetically speaking, given those divots and lines that are already on the helmet.

Pretty sure we wore them for almost all the 80s, 90s, and through 2004.

It was the last time we had a “brand” as it relates to uniforms. Nobody bats an eye when we change anything now because nobody can keep track of what our uniforms are. Wouldn’t be a terrible idea to go back to the last “brand” we really had as far as our look goes, IMO.

I lived through that era too. But saying we look like orange sparty is silly. Literally no one on earth would turn on a syracuse game and think, “holy shite, Michigan state changed colors!”
I like the Nassib era helmets. Proper orange, proper stripes, and the addition of a logo that finally makes sense, as opposed to that think they put in the lax helmets this year.
That's missing the point. The logo makes me feel like we're joining the crowd instead of trying to go back to a brand that was distinctively Syracuse. Just because millenials and snowflakes are too young to remember that brand doesn't mean it wasn't a good brand.

That's missing the point. The logo makes me feel like we're joining the crowd instead of trying to go back to a brand that was distinctively Syracuse. Just because millenials and snowflakes are too young to remember that brand doesn't mean it wasn't a good brand.
Oh it was great. And so was the era with the numbers the first time. Was it as popular when they brought the numbers back in ‘05? Probably not, but I bet the old timers at the time loved it. I’m glad either way, I just want the right orange and the stripes.

You also need to build a brand that speaks to the "snowflakes" and teenagers that the program is trying to recruit. I understand that uniforms and swag isn't the key component to recruiting at a high level but appealing to younger demographics is something that should be considered when you're not a program like Alabama.

Pretty sure we wore them for almost all the 80s, 90s, and through 2004.

It was the last time we had a “brand” as it relates to uniforms. Nobody bats an eye when we change anything now because nobody can keep track of what our uniforms are. Wouldn’t be a terrible idea to go back to the last “brand” we really had as far as our look goes, IMO.
I believe one of the first things Coach Mac did when he took over as the SU HC was to make the Syracuse helmet look like the Cleveland Brown helmet (he came to Syracuse from the Browns).

That is where the stripe came from.

I believe one of the first things Coach Mac did when he took over as the SU HC was to make the Syracuse helmet look like the Cleveland Brown helmet (he came to Syracuse from the Browns).

That is where the stripe came from.
Cool. Didn't know that. Makes sense.

Oh it was great. And so was the era with the numbers the first time. Was it as popular when they brought the numbers back in ‘05? Probably not, but I bet the old timers at the time loved it. I’m glad either way, I just want the right orange and the stripes.
Agree. Bring back Syracuse orange instead of Texas rust and the name Orangemen and Orangewomen.

The problem is a stripe wouldn't make sense with those helmets, aesthetically speaking, given those divots and lines that are already on the helmet.
The stripe is on the new ones. And the block S.

And all this conversation does is prove that no matter what the AD does with the uniforms people are going to complain unless it looks exactly like the horrendous drop shadow McNabb uniforms.

The stripe is on the new ones. And the block S.

And all this conversation does is prove that no matter what the AD does with the uniforms people are going to complain unless it looks exactly like the horrendous drop shadow McNabb uniforms.
Oh boy this is gonna get good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom