Email from 'Cuse | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Email from 'Cuse

...all this conversation does is prove that no matter what the AD does with the uniforms people are going to complain
This. And even If they did bring back McNabb era unis, someone will still complain. You can’t please everyone.

NO ONE under the age of 30 that isn't on this board knows that a "clean orange helmet" is the Syracuse brand any more. Some of you need to get out of 1990.

Doesnt mean the block S shouldnt be removed.

The thing with the Stormtrooper look is, and I don’t hate it...and the reason why I don’t hate it is also the reason why it should go...is that 100% of all college teams have it.

It’s one of those...you can’t fight City Hall things.

The all whites must be the pork in the uniform bill.

Theyre annoying and ugly as all hell, but apparently they're as necessary as a goal post.

But yeah, they’re stupid and they should go.

But were from syracuse. Were the north. It snows here. The all white makes sense.

But it’s horrible for football.

The stripe is on the new ones. And the block S.

And all this conversation does is prove that no matter what the AD does with the uniforms people are going to complain unless it looks exactly like the horrendous drop shadow McNabb uniforms.
What type of stripe. The same exact Wide white with wide blue on each side. Really 3 stripes or a single stripe of blue or white?

And all this conversation does is prove that no matter what the AD does with the uniforms people are going to complain unless it looks exactly like the horrendous drop shadow McNabb uniforms.

Best unis ever. Everyone always knew it was SU.

E4F72896-7B19-4491-B41D-5DD75E70BEB5.jpeg

This, not so much.

249129E4-922C-419E-8593-C90347E50BE2.jpeg

View attachment 166066
But it’s horrible for football.

In fairness Syracuse lacrosse traditionally wore white helmets, so it isn’t quite a radical change.

Nike has done well with lax uni’s and their seemingly endless variations. Basketball as well (I never minded the platinum look), minus the amazing throwback script jersey paired with the blue shorts. Soccer too... hope they keep the soccer orange/blue striped kit.

Thing is, it’s not even really accurate to just say “McNabb era uniforms” even though many do that probably because he was the most visible SU player in the last 60 years.

Really though, they were just the Syracuse uniforms. For a long, long time. With very slight variations over the time period we wore them.

We’ve been pretty scrubby with our uni’s for awhile, with the Nassib era being the only decent ones.

Hopefully we’re at least going with a solid, fairly timeless design and will leave them alone and establish some consistency.

I’m just comfortable with the knowledge that the current number font is going away. Whatever is debuted on Friday is going to be a lot better than what we’ve had recently.

I really hope we get some freaking white pipping and EVERYONE can just read the damn numbers

I actually liked most of our currently uniforms and thought the all white look was one of our best, you can't change my mind :D

That's because the All-Whites and Orange-White-White were beautiful. Every time we wore blue it looked like we were wearing pajamas.

Let’s just hope they get the color combos right.

Uniforms are like all-you-can-eat buffets.

Everyone wants something different

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom