"Enjoy the Ride" | Syracusefan.com

"Enjoy the Ride"

pearl31

in cahoots
Not unlike Frank Costanza's "serenity now" approach to living.

images

For me, personally, I have to continue to remind myself that the joy is in the process of watching the team play—of battling it out through the bleak winter months. It's hard for me at times to remember that I, as a fan, can't expect them to play perfectly or go undefeated. The roller coaster can be hard on the stomach, the heart, the pets, the wall behind the TV... but the roller coaster is what makes each season so compelling. In terms of sports-watching, it's what I live for. Each disgusting loss makes each exhilarating win that much sweeter. Each What play by one of the guys makes his next highlight-worthy play that much more memorable. It's the ride, folks, the ride.

images

Hold on for your lives and support the team. And remember the ride.

images

For me, personally, I have to continue to remind myself that the joy is in the process of watching the team play—of battling it out through the bleak winter months. It's hard for me at times to remember that I, as a fan, can't expect them to play perfectly or go undefeated. The roller coaster can be hard on the stomach, the heart, the pets, the wall behind the TV... but the roller coaster is what makes each season so compelling. In terms of sports-watching, it's what I live for. Each disgusting loss makes each exhilarating win that much sweeter. Each What play by one of the guys makes his next highlight-worthy play that much more memorable. It's the ride, folks, the ride.

images

Thank you - you expressed my feelings perfectly and far better than I could have.

images

images

A hundred likes to you my friend

images

images

MY GOD, IT'S LIKE YOU'RE INSIDE MY HEAD! And you did it so much better than I could.

Props. The Beadle bows before you.

Okay, I loved that so much, I just copied and pasted it to about 30 of my basketball friends. Most of them, of course, Syracuse fans, but a fair number of Duke and Carolina fans as well. Also, Louisville, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Stanford, and Missouri.

Everyone is now One with the Basketball Universe. I, for one, and ready for Marquette tomorrow.

Back to the Oscars. Thank you, Pearl!

Each What play by one of the guys makes his next highlight-worthy play that much more memorable.

And each highlight-worthy play makes each What play all the less acceptable.

images

images

I liked and absolutely respect this post. But, not all losses and What plays are created equal. Nor are they always off-set with equally impressive wins and highlights. I will follow your example and remind myself that I am a true fan, that there are rainy days from time to time and good things are always waiting just around the next bend. But if the UConn loss, to a flat-out inferior team, was tough to swallow, the G'town loss that snapped our streak in front of a record breaking home crowd is about all I can bear. I think a BE tournament championship will be reasonable consolation.

the title of this post is the exact same thing I was told in on July 16th 1990 by an old deadhead in Orchard Park right after I ate the two sugarcubes he gave me, FWIW.

So pearl, U B trippin.

It's not easy but if you condition yourself to enjoy the journey and not focus on the destination, it's a lot more fun. Phil Jackson instills this of all his teams. It makes it less maddening to be an SU fan.

Of course I'm the same guy who got liquored up and tried to fight some guy in a Georgetown hat Saturday. Tis a struggle.

I am enjoying the ride but its tough grasping the fact that this team isnt winning it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you can't know that for sure. And that's the beauty of the sport and why we'll keep watching.

images

images

Now this is awesome! I almost spit out my juice from laughing. I need to try the serenity now approach when our offense is going through one of those lulls

Since the calendar has turned to March, and because the team has hit a bit of a rocky patch, I thought it was a good time to resurrect this one.
It's all about the ride. Buckle up.

Let's Go!! Hey, the guys sure look ready to me!
coasterSU1.jpg

Since the calendar has turned to March, and because the team has hit a bit of a rocky patch, I thought it was a good time to resurrect this one.
It's all about the ride. Buckle up.
It took me a minute before I realized this thread was a year old. Good find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom