Ennis in Jordan Brand Classic | Syracusefan.com

Ennis in Jordan Brand Classic

orangejunkie

Starter
Wasn't able to see the game. Can it still be down loaded? Any feedback on how he played, stats, etc.?

Also 4 steals and only 1 turnover. He was great. We will love this kid at the cuse.

Wasn't able to see the game. Can it still be down loaded? Any feedback on how he played, stats, etc.?
Try to see if they archive the game from the link in the first post here:
http://syracusefan.com/threads/jordan-game-live-stream.50933/

Otherwise, aside from the great stat line, he controlled the tempo when he was in. Seemed to play with Wiggins often, but then again, they have chemistry from their AAU days. He helped get them back into the game in the end, and it seems the offensive flow of the game was better when he came back in.

Ennis seemed like he had control of the team when he was in there. Showed off his whole array of tools from the change of speed, vision , even canned a pull up 3. Had a nice J in the lane as well. Seems to see everything on both sides of the ball and just has a nose for steals and finding the open man. Seems the most polished of any of the PG's. He and the kid going to Washington seemed to be the two best PG's out there. Def one of the top 5 players in the game. According to Dykes though he was a ghost. It was very weird. Seemed to pain Dykes to even say Ennis was any good. All he did mention was Boeheim likes big guards. Also seemed that every assist by Ennis the announcers talked about the guy who scored vs Ennis' pass. First time I have watched him play a whole game other than tapes from some of you. I was extremely impressed. Also - kid seems to have swagger.. calm and cool but very confident. Missed a 3 to tie it that looked like it was going down.

On a side note- we have a full house next year but damn would Ennis and Wiggins playing together be fun. They have a great chemistry about them from playing together but its pretty cool to see that against such high level competition.

Another thing I noticed - UK has some major talent coming in , however I think finding enough shots for everyone will be a problem. Randle is really good but also forces the issue some. Dakari looked pretty good.. Young didn't do too much.. the Harrisons looked good.. but you would think they scored 20 a piece according to Dykes. Really wish Dykes wasn't calling this .. he slobbered over the SEC guys all night .. Walker/Hill going to FLA and then the UK bunch. I hope Ennis watches this and listens to the announcers ignore him. Also they talked about Rondae a lot. Considering what I have heard and seen from Ennis, Roberson, BJ, Buss and Chinoso - I think we quietly could have the 2nd best class in the country if not competing for #1. Thats speculation of course and wild spec at that but it seems that with such a deep freshman class its easy to get caught up with the biggest names and not realize how much is sitting there not getting hype.

Oh and with his 14, 6, 5, 4 line he was completely invisible to Jimmy Dykes who I'm pretty sure was pretending his microphone was Calipari's ****.

He was too impressed whatching Harrison pound the ball into oblivion and hustle to get the inbounds before it could go to Ennis. :D

He was too impressed whatching Harrison pound the ball into oblivion and hustle to get the inbounds before it could go to Ennis. :D

lol - Jimmy Dykes probably said something to him during the break - can't let this cuse kid show you up man - gotta earn your payche... I mean scholarship dude!

lol - Jimmy Dykes probably said something to him during the break - can't let this cuse kid show you up man - gotta earn your payche... I mean scholarship dude!

LOL, it was weird because Ennis would already be in position were a PG should be to recieve the inbounds and Harrison would come running in to get the inbounders attention. It happened multiple times. And in the half court he would dribble back toward halfcourt rather than move the ball to an open Ennis on the wing. He did pass to him at the very end only because he stupidly dribble into a double team and picked up the ball. I think Harrison is very talented, made some great passes when he did get by his guy but Ennis made him look like he didn't know how to move the ball.

Yeah Harrison seemed to only care to make the fancy passes in the lane - didn't do anything from the top of the key though and that was almost as weird as Dykes acting like Ennis didn't exist.. I don't ever remember an announcer that blatantly refusing to give a player credit.. especially a player who had a really good stat line and was hard to miss.

As an outsider (UConn fan) Ennis was very good. I've seen Ennis a few times now and this game just solidified my opinion of him.

He will be an upgrade offensively over MCW because he has a nice shot especially from mod range. He also can throw the spectacular pass but usually throws the right pass. He obviously doesn't have MCWs height or length and IMO isn't nearly as athletic, so he will find more contests at the rim. You won't see him dunking on many people in the lane like MCW did.

Defensively he's OK. I think he's a big downgrade from MCW in the zone. Not that he's much worse at moving his feet or at positioning but MCW was the ideal player for the top of the zone. Ennis again doesn't have his length or height.

As for this game I thought he was the second best PG, because I felt Goss was terrific. I haven't seen enough of Goss to say whether this is normal for him or not. The twins lived up to their reputations as ball hogs who freeze players they don't like out (read as possibly looking better) of the game.

Back to Ennis, he's the best Cuse prospect I've seen since Anthony. He's a fantastic get. I don't think he will be a national star as a freshman but he could easily have a Trey Burke like sophomore year.

The Cuse guy in the regional game looked OK also, not nearly as high on him though. He looked a level below the forwards in the national game.

As an outsider (UConn fan) Ennis was very good. I've seen Ennis a few times now and this game just solidified my opinion of him.

He will be an upgrade offensively over MCW because he has a nice shot especially from mod range. He also can throw the spectacular pass but usually throws the right pass. He obviously doesn't have MCWs height or length and IMO isn't nearly as athletic, so he will find more contests at the rim. You won't see him dunking on many people in the lane like MCW did.

Defensively he's OK. I think he's a big downgrade from MCW in the zone. Not that he's much worse at moving his feet or at positioning but MCW was the ideal player for the top of the zone. Ennis again doesn't have his length or height.

As for this game I thought he was the second best PG, because I felt Goss was terrific. I haven't seen enough of Goss to say whether this is normal for him or not. The twins lived up to their reputations as ball hogs who freeze players they don't like out (read as possibly looking better) of the game.

Back to Ennis, he's the best Cuse prospect I've seen since Anthony. He's a fantastic get. I don't think he will be a national star as a freshman but he could easily have a Trey Burke like sophomore year.

The Cuse guy in the regional game looked OK also, not nearly as high on him though. He looked a level below the forwards in the national game.
are you talking about roberson? ppppsssssshhh have fun with kentan facey in div 2.

Caw, appreciate the report. Ignore the comment from edowd. It's comment's like those and stupid put downs that make this board tough to read at times.

The thing that I found absurd was that they showed the top 5 PG's according to ESPN and of course Tyler wasn't in there. I have no idea what ESPN does when they rank the players but there is no way that he is not in the top 5 in the country. They even brought up Jordan commiting to St Johns at this point as he is the #5 PG in the class. I am so glad that JB doesn't care about that crap and just goes out and gets the recruit that he wants. This in coming class is going to be special; no matter how silly their individuals rankings are.

Thanks for the less biased view. I agree as far as defense MCW was really a perfect fit for us and pretty much anyone with be a step back from that. Ennis isn't as quick or athletic but he has a really developed game overall compared to most incoming freshman guards which is good for us because he'll be starting. Gross was good as well but Ennis recently beat him head to head ending Findley's crazy win streak. I have been impressed with Gross but as far as running offense I think Ennis is better, Gross is a winner though and the West was better with him out there. I didn't get to see Roberson inthe other game but he put up some good numbers although obviously against lesser competition. Would have been nice to see him against the other forwards in the late game to see how he stacked up.

Caw, appreciate the report. Ignore the comment from edowd. It's comment's like those and stupid put downs that make this board tough to read at times.
Roberson is fantastic... shut yo mouf.

The thing that I found absurd was that they showed the top 5 PG's according to ESPN and of course Tyler wasn't in there. I have no idea what ESPN does when they rank the players but there is no way that he is not in the top 5 in the country. They even brought up Jordan commiting to St Johns at this point as he is the #5 PG in the class. I am so glad that JB doesn't care about that crap and just goes out and gets the recruit that he wants. This in coming class is going to be special; no matter how silly their individuals rankings are.

I saw that too. Really funny.

THings I noticed.

Ennis is really smooth. Just looks so under control. He throws bullet passes on the money. Ripped a one hand pass to Wiggins for an easy two. Also noticed at least in the 4th quarter Ennis was handling all the PG duties. Coach must of said to keep the ball in Ennis's hand at the end. They had both Harrisons in with Ennis but Ennis was running the show a bunch at the end. Also noticed he directs traffic and communicates a lot. Even without the ball you could see him telling the other guys things.

Harrisons are good. Good 3 point shooters from what I saw.

THe PG going to Washington was really good.

Dykes was definitely loving Randle. Thats all he talked about when I watched. Randle seems like a high energy guy. Good size. Not sure how good he will be because most of what I saw were dunks on hustle plays. THe way Dykes was talking you would think Randle had 40 points. I think he had 17.

Thought they said a couple of times that Ennis was a top 3 pg.

That laser pass that Ennis threw was with his left hand to if I'm not mistaken

are you talking about roberson? ppppsssssshhh have fun with kentan facey in div 2.

I would put Facey and Roberson in the same category. Both appear to be 3-4 year players. The forwards in the national game all could be 1-2 year players at this stage. Roberson and Facey are completely different players. Facey is a more traditional PF or maybe a college center and Roberson is closer to a stretch four or power three. To use past/current players from the two schools they are heading: Roberson is closer to CJ Fair than Carmelo Anthony and Facey is a bit more Hilton Armstrong than Emeka Okafor (who could have easily left after his sophomore year).

I think both are potential NBA players but neither would be drafted right out of high school unlike Gordan, Wiggins, Randle, Parker Vonleh and Walker would be. Both should be fine players at Syracuse and UConn.

Ennis shows the most potential of the recruits I have seen for Cuse/UConn. Who knows how they will all develop though.

As to the D2 jab, until BCS schools break from the NCAA there are still 68 teams in one tournament at the end of the year. Maybe you missed where Gonzaga was a 1 seed or Wichita State made the final four. Heck at least next year the AAC will have the defending NC in the conference.

BTW I count Meeks as a center, no way that lard ass would be drafted out of high school.

Oh and with his 14, 6, 5, 4 line he was completely invisible to Jimmy Dykes who I'm pretty sure was pretending his microphone was Calipari's ****.

So good it deserves a bump. one to many asterics though.

caw thanks for the insight. I respectfully disagree on roberson. He has a high motor and has continuously put up big numbers attacking the glass and shooting the rock. He does not have the size and build yet as he is wiry but that would be the only thing he doesn't share with the walkers, randles, gordons and vonleh's on the national game. After watching Vonleh in this game tyler is damn close to that level if not more polished in some areas but not as strong. I again appreciate your input but roberson to me is a 3 yr player max and a level above facey. Have a good one.

LOL, it was weird because Ennis would already be in position were a PG should be to recieve the inbounds and Harrison would come running in to get the inbounders attention. It happened multiple times. And in the half court he would dribble back toward halfcourt rather than move the ball to an open Ennis on the wing. He did pass to him at the very end only because he stupidly dribble into a double team and picked up the ball. I think Harrison is very talented, made some great passes when he did get by his guy but Ennis made him look like he didn't know how to move the ball.
Perfect. That sort of "team first" lol attitude by Harrison is exactly what I am hoping for next year. The twins are punks, bad body language, complaining throughout. Karma will hopefully hit them, their egos and their money hard next year.

Never seen such favoritism by both journalists (all of ESPN) and NCAA (in not investigating the real criminals) in all the years I've watched this sport. Obviously all tied to Nike, so that's why they won't do anything until someone investigates the NCAA.

Is it me, or don't posts like this not really look like rants anymore since we're all saying or thinking the same thing? Really ruins a good sport as I won't watch this team and all of their televised games unless they are getting blown out and I put it on towards the end.

I would put Facey and Roberson in the same category. Both appear to be 3-4 year players. The forwards in the national game all could be 1-2 year players at this stage. Roberson and Facey are completely different players. Facey is a more traditional PF or maybe a college center and Roberson is closer to a stretch four or power three. To use past/current players from the two schools they are heading: Roberson is closer to CJ Fair than Carmelo Anthony and Facey is a bit more Hilton Armstrong than Emeka Okafor (who could have easily left after his sophomore year).

I think both are potential NBA players but neither would be drafted right out of high school unlike Gordan, Wiggins, Randle, Parker Vonleh and Walker would be. Both should be fine players at Syracuse and UConn.

Ennis shows the most potential of the recruits I have seen for Cuse/UConn. Who knows how they will all develop though.

As to the D2 jab, until BCS schools break from the NCAA there are still 68 teams in one tournament at the end of the year. Maybe you missed where Gonzaga was a 1 seed or Wichita State made the final four. Heck at least next year the AAC will have the defending NC in the conference.

BTW I count Meeks as a center, no way that lard ass would be drafted out of high school.
meeks makes sweetney look like baye keita.

Finally able to watch the Jordan game from last night. Tyler looked good and solid as always. I've seen every game he has televised and he never dissapoints. So fluid and smooth. Always setting up his teammates and keeps a calming presence every time he's got the ball. Espn really is making way too much money from UK. and Jimmy Dykes...really? Almost pained him when Tyler made plays, just couldn't give the compliment. ?...tool. We're going to miss MCW's defense of course, but we get a better complete package from day 1 with Tyler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom