Entire Pitt team to transfer (almost) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Entire Pitt team to transfer (almost)

Will we even try?

Doubtful, but that kid would step in and provide us with quality scoring / shooting at the 3 for two seasons if we were fortunate enough to land him.

When I read the thread title, the first thing I thought of was Calipari and:

iu

Tyus Battle was sick and SU didn't get motivated to play until the second half.

That second part pretty much describes every Su game this year.

Nah! Who needs that? :rolleyes:

We're totally set at the 3. :bang:

It's funny, the 3/small forward is typically considered to be the most interchangeable position on a basketball roster, in that you hope they can handle the ball, shoot to a degree, slash to the rim, and rebound from their spot on the floor. Right now, there actually isn't a single 3 on the roster. It's pretty remarkable, really. Of course I understand we have a lot of time to get one, but wow. In fact, we had 1 last year, and I would say he was a bit more one dimensional than you'd hope for (which was offset a lot by the fact he was REALLY good at that 1 dimension).

Is there a precedent yet of an ACC grad transferring to another ACC school. It's kosher?

See Edwards, Gus.

Miami wouldn't release him to a team on their schedule.

If the school gives him an unconditional release, I don't know.

I haven't seen one yet.

See Edwards, Gus.

Miami wouldn't release him to a team on their schedule.

If the school gives him an unconditional release, I don't know.

I haven't seen one yet.
But, unfortunately for us, Gus didn't go to an ACC school.

Tyus Battle was sick and SU didn't get motivated to play until the second half.
Pretty sad when a team starts the season the way we did and has trouble getting motivated to play any game, much less a conference rival.

How did we lose to them?

Brought no energy to Pittsburgh and Lydon would not shoot. Also, if Lydon catches the ball at the end of the game and dunks we have a good shot at winning.

That was a game where Battle could barely play with the flu. And Lydon caught the disease in which the main symptoms are pump faking and passing up uncontested shots.

There were enough zone shredders left over from Dixon's time.

We allowed Johnson to do the only thing that he can do offensively. Square his shoulders and hoist 3s. I was at the game and it was insanely frustrating to watch.

Would we consider going after Johnson?

Solid spot up shooter and would be a good wing defender in the 2-3 with his length. We need a solid shooter to be even half as good as AW3 was this season.

Would we consider going after Johnson?

Solid spot up shooter and would be a good wing defender in the 2-3 with his length. We need a solid shooter to be even half as good as AW3 was this season.
Pitt put a block on all ACC schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom