Eric Devendorf Tweet... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Devendorf Tweet...

Again, I despise Devo trashers.

He was a very talented, very loyal player. He talked and backed it up. Of course people hated him, but haters love to hate.

I loved Devo, he brought an edge that WE NEEDED. Because of that he always had the negative spotlight on him and the news never gave him much anything other than negative spotlight.

Devo is one of the all time great 4 year players. He'd be a great presence on the bench.

Call me old-school but Devo's chest-thumping, "look-at-me" act was never something I admired about him.
I thought it was classless, stupid, and unnecessary most of the time, and never quite got the point of it all.
Devo was often an embarrassment, IMHO, and although I LOVED him as a player, his overall on-court persona sucked.
Its that whole Dennis Rodman, Deon Sanders, heck, even that new moron at Ole' Miss, Marshall Henderson(?) that turns old fogey's like myself off of sports.
And oh, yeah...get off my lawn! ;)

He played 4 years and became a 5th year redshirted senior due to the 07/08 year... he had another year of eligibility but left.

Seriously it seems people on this forum are quicker to try and make someone feel stupid than they are to think.

2008-09 36 33.9 15.7 44.4 39.0 79.5 3.0 2.0 0.3 1.1
2007-08 10 34.2 17.0 46.6 40.7 74.3 3.9 2.6 0.4 1.7
2006-07 35 30.9 14.8 41.2 35.3 79.3 4.1 2.7 0.3 1.2
2005-06 35 27.1 12.2 44.5 37.6 82.1 2.3 2.5 0.4 1.0

What's your point? I already admitted that I probably remember wrong, and I did. I don't see any point in bashing me because I just started paying attention to basketball that year. Ya A$$.

What's your point? I already admitted that I probably remember wrong, and I did. I don't see any point in bashing me because I just started paying attention to basketball that year. Ya A$$.

Yeah, no kidding, your post was fine. Seems like reading comprehension isn't his strong suit.

Call me old-school but Devo's chest-thumping, "look-at-me" act was never something I admired about him.
I thought it was classless, stupid, and unnecessary most of the time, and never quite got the point of it all.
Devo was often an embarrassment, IMHO, and although I LOVED him as a player, his overall on-court persona sucked.
Its that whole Dennis Rodman, Deon Sanders, heck, even that new moron at Ole' Miss, Marshall Henderson(?) that turns old fogey's like myself off of sports.
And oh, yeah...get off my lawn! ;)

It's amazing that this can even be debated among reasonable people.

He conducted himself in a way that made the university look worse for four years. He exhibited qualities that are inherently undesirable.

(As for the frequent response that "he's just a kid," thousands of kids play Division I basketball and the vast majority of them have enough discipline and class to refrain from behaving that way. So it's silly and a bit insulting to suggest that his age excuses bad behavior.)

As a player, Devendorf was a very successful shooter (he's 7th or 8th in school history in career percentage) despite a very unorthodox shot. And he finished with both hands better than anyone I've seen in orange. Beyond that, he was average or worse in every facet of the game. Totally (and rather blatantly) apathetic about defense. Reckless with the ball. Weird that the kid is so vigorously embraced by many.

Count me in the like crowd. In football they use intimidation every snap. While the trashtalking got alittle to out of hand at times like seton hall BET, it brough more swag and a destroy mentality like the title is ours to take. Love that fact.

He truly scared some of the guys he played against. I never saw a white guy stare people down like Devo would. Well, Larry Bird, maybe.

The biggest masters of the stare down, before you all label me racist, were Kobe and Michael Jordan. Kobe especially mastered that "looking down at you" put down, probably because of his insecurity. Jordan did it just because he was a bad MF.

You never saw Scott Skiles play at Michigan St? He was the master

I decided, wrongly, it was sarcasm since everyone attacked me and bashed me in another thread. My apologies.

Can't help sometimes feeling like sometimes people of this forum talk down to immediately or attack/single out people they don't agree with.

Again, I was wrong, I am sorry.

I decided, wrongly, it was sarcasm since everyone attacked me and bashed me in another thread. My apologies.

Can't help sometimes feeling like sometimes people of this forum talk down to immediately or attack/single out people they don't agree with.

It's ok, and I accept your apology.

Can't help sometimes feeling like sometimes people of this forum talk down to immediately or attack/single out people
Glad you guys worked it out.
Now how bout a Fresca?

they don't agree with.

It's ok, and I accept your apology.

How about a few rounds of PBR to soften out the sour feelins.

PBR.JPG

Devendorf will never be a coach. But I like the thought of it just to piss off opposing fans.

If Devendorf could channel that competitive nature, gymrat mentality(i am guessing he had that in high school), and push players to work harder in drills he would make a great motivational coach. Coach Hop seems to coach like that alot.

Just as long as he stays away from the Mike Rice antics. Harris and Devo had kids in college though, juggling that and school and college basketball isn't the best. Not suprisingly both had a tough time with grades because of it. With the new APR that can really hurt.

If Devendorf could channel that competitive nature, gymrat mentality(i am guessing he had that in high school), and push players to work harder in drills he would make a great motivational coach. Coach Hop seems to coach like that alot.

Just as long as he stays away from the Mike Rice antics. Harris and Devo had kids in college though, juggling that and school and college basketball isn't the best. Not suprisingly both had a tough time with grades because of it. With the new APR that can really hurt.

Gymrat? Of all the names associated with Devendorf, that's one I've never -- not once -- heard used to describe him.

To be fair, I think he and Harris achieved decent grades (Devendorf even made the AD's honor roll one semester). It was their cutting out on school in the spring of 2009 that caused the APR problem; they were OK when they were actually students.

Gymrat? Of all the names associated with Devendorf, that's one I've never -- not once -- heard used to describe him.

To be fair, I think he and Harris achieved decent grades (Devendorf even made the AD's honor roll one semester). It was their cutting out on school in the spring of 2009 that caused the APR problem; they were OK when they were actually students.
Umm, no. Devo graduated.

What the hey...let's go old school:

images
In the early 70s, the place to be on Thursday night was Tecumseh Club. You had to walk a quarter mile from where you could find a place to park just to get there. They had PBR on tap. Then they switched to Genesee Creme Ale and everyone quit going there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom