Eric Devendorf Tweet... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Devendorf Tweet...

Devo is easily one of my fav Cuse players and he obviously bleeds orange. I guess people can never change or mature? Would love to see Devo on the staff, I'll take a player with his swag any day of the week.

totally agree. One of the best 30 Cuse players to ever suit them up. yes, thats right. he is probably the best "off hand" finisher that we ever had here. Dude could shoot well and get to the rim at will. And people can change. Good lord some guys on here are stuck in the mud.

Ever hear of Chris Herrin? Dude was a stud and basically threw it all away because of addiction and attitude... now he runs a VERY successful coaching/mentoring organization. if he can be a role model after what he went thru, surely Devo can. he wasnt 1/1000th the screw up that Herren was.

I'm curious too. Never knew for sure if he ever graduated. Hope he did or does.

Definitely hope he did.

There was a long thread about this at some point - we got that horrible APR number for 2009 and the consensus was that that number reflected three players who left in poor academic standing. And we didn't think that Ongenaut was one of them.

It's also possible that he's earned a degree since then - several alumni have taken that route in recent years; the university is very accommodating in allowing ex-players to finish degree requirements years later (Coleman and Moten did that, I believe). I've yet to read that about Devendorf, though (and while I hope he did graduate, it's not at all germane to my earlier point: "It was [Harris's and Devendorf's] cutting out on school in the spring of 2009 that caused the APR problem").

It's ok, and I accept your apology.

i feel a bro hug coming

h2DD14E60

Umm, I am self authenticating ;)
but here you go. Kid was a solid student. http://blog.syracuse.com/orange-segment/2009/05/eric_devendorf_interview.html
Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the link. Not to be a stickler, but he said he was "going to get [his] degree." Didn't say when. I recall some chatter on here about the ambiguity of that statement.

Don't disagree that he was recognized as a good student at times. The only question is whether he lost us any points when the team only achieved an 865 in 2009 (I believe he needed to graduate before 2011 to get credit).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom