Eric Devendorf Tweet... | Syracusefan.com

Eric Devendorf Tweet...

Not surprised one bit by this tweet. Ron jumped to the top of my must see new players (Sorry Bobby, BJ is second though). I think Ron is going to be great, really surprise people.

Whats Devo doing working with Buss? I thought Devo was playing in Europe for Croatia?

Whats Devo doing working with Buss? I thought Devo was playing in Europe for Croatia?
Their season is over and he's back in the States to see family and try to get picked up on a summer league team I'm sure.

Graduate assistant coach Devo, the Real Slim Shady? How great would it to see him on the 'Cuse bench!!

Graduate assistant coach Devo, the Real Slim Shady? How great would it to see him on the 'Cuse bench!!

It would ... but without all the antics (too much ink and trash talking for my taste).

Assistant Coach in charge of tats and trash talking. Coach Triple T.

He truly scared some of the guys he played against. I never saw a white guy stare people down like Devo would. Well, Larry Bird, maybe.

The biggest masters of the stare down, before you all label me racist, were Kobe and Michael Jordan. Kobe especially mastered that "looking down at you" put down, probably because of his insecurity. Jordan did it just because he was a bad MF.

He truly scared some of the guys he played against. I never saw a white guy stare people down like Devo would. Well, Larry Bird, maybe.

The biggest masters of the stare down, before you all label me racist, were Kobe and Michael Jordan. Kobe especially mastered that "looking down at you" put down, probably because of his insecurity. Jordan did it just because he was a bad MF.
How about Moses Malone? :eek:

Again, I despise Devo trashers.

He was a very talented, very loyal player. He talked and backed it up. Of course people hated him, but haters love to hate.

I loved Devo, he brought an edge that WE NEEDED. Because of that he always had the negative spotlight on him and the news never gave him much anything other than negative spotlight.

Devo is one of the all time great 4 year players. He'd be a great presence on the bench.

He was a very talented, very loyal player. He talked and backed it up. Of course people hated him, but haters love to hate.

I loved Devo, he brought an edge that WE NEEDED. Because of that he always had the negative spotlight on him and the news never gave him much anything other than negative spotlight.

Devo is one of the all time great 4 year players. He'd be a great presence on the bench.

He played all 4 years? I swear I thought he jumped to the draft early. But this was back when I just started to pay attention to SU so I'm not surprised I remembered wrong.

He left, or was pushed out, early.

He played all 4 years? I swear I thought he jumped to the draft early. But this was back when I just started to pay attention to SU so I'm not surprised I remembered wrong.

He played 4 years and became a 5th year redshirted senior due to the 07/08 year... he had another year of eligibility but left.

Seriously it seems people on this forum are quicker to try and make someone feel stupid than they are to think.

2008-09 36 33.9 15.7 44.4 39.0 79.5 3.0 2.0 0.3 1.1
2007-08 10 34.2 17.0 46.6 40.7 74.3 3.9 2.6 0.4 1.7
2006-07 35 30.9 14.8 41.2 35.3 79.3 4.1 2.7 0.3 1.2
2005-06 35 27.1 12.2 44.5 37.6 82.1 2.3 2.5 0.4 1.0

I didn't mind the edge that Eric brought on the court but there was a little too much off the court drama for me to ever think it would be a good idea for him to be a graduate assistant. I am on board with Libero2 and dasher's thinking. Sure people can mature, but I'd rather not go in that direction (Not that it's even being seriously considered anywhere except on this thread)

I didn't mind the edge that Eric brought on the court but there was a little too much off the court drama for me to ever think it would be a good idea for him to be a graduate assistant. I am on board with Libero2 and dasher's thinking. Sure people can mature, but I'd rather not go in that direction (Not that it's even being seriously considered anywhere except on this thread)

I never disputed Devos on court abilities, but there is no way in the world I would ever want that kid teaching/giving my kid life advice, or ideas of how to behave on the court.

Maybe Devo has matured considerably, but there is no doubt he is still the same guy. Devo was a great player, but a major punk during his time at SU

I'll continue my campaign to advance the concept that playing ability and coaching ability do not correlate. If it did the coaching ranks would be filled with HOF and all-time great players and it most certainly is not. Did JB even make the SU top 100 all time list? If he did, would he have if he never coached here?

Lots of great coaches were not great or even good high level players and lots of great players have no clue how to tell another how to do what they were able to do.

You can think Devo coaching at SU is a bad idea and that should not be seen as suggesting he wasn't a really good player while here.

Maybe he can help guide the young fragile minds of our current team so they do not go down the same path as himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom