Eric Dungey in the XFL | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey in the XFL

those rules are looney and gimmicky. No punts within the the 35?????

I was talking about running clock. No extra points. Safety with blocking on kick offs. One foot in bounds. Actual football things

I was talking about running clock. No extra points. Safety with blocking on kick offs. One foot in bounds. Actual football things

yeah but you can add this up there with all of them.

I think it’s stupid you can not pin anyone inside the 35. No matter what.

aka they should just say every single drive starts at the 35

shouldn't need a rule to have those gone from the game

the xfl is forcing coaches to be rational with rules

I meant that you aren’t allowed to pin anyone inside the 35 yard line. No coffin corners. If the ball is kicked past the 35, the receiving team gets it where it went out of bounds or at the 35 yard line, whatever is best for the receiving team.

Good you shouldn't be rewarded for voluntarily giving the other team possession

yeah but you can add this up there with all of them.

I think it’s stupid you can not pin anyone inside the 35. No matter what.

aka they should just say every single drive starts at the 35
Is that the rule? I thought it was that you can't punt if you're inside the other team's 35. If you're at the 50 and down it at the 5, isn't that where the other team gets it?

shouldn't need a rule to have those gone from the game

the xfl is forcing coaches to be rational with rules
There are rare cases where it makes sense. If a team with a good defense and a bad place kicker is up 6 with a 4th and long with 2 munutes to go, it makes sense to pin the other team inside their 10. This rule would make situations like that more exciting.

those rules are looney and gimmicky. No punts within the the 35?????

It's not that there aren't punts within the 35, it's that the punt has to be returnable: "Any kicks that go into the end zone or out of bounds will be marked at the 35-yard line or wherever the ball went out of bounds, whichever is better for the receiving team."

I think most of their rule changes are pretty good.

The kickoff change accomplishes both making the play safer, and encouraging returns.

I like killing the kick PAT, and the yardage-based options to go for 1, 2 or 3 are fun (although I can't imagine anyone going for 1 given that it's only 1 yard closer than going for 2).

The running clock is fantastic, football games are excrutiatingly long (and SU is among the worst when it comes to that).

And I like the liberalized ineligible player downfield change.

A few of the rules are gimmicky, but on the whole I like what they're trying to do. Faster pace games with more exciting plays, while not compromising player safety.

Maybe it's just me, but when I think of the XFL, I cannot help but think the stars aligned for Dungey.
Who is honestly better suited for that style of play than this guy?

1578598370686.png

It's not that there aren't punts within the 35, it's that the punt has to be returnable: "Any kicks that go into the end zone or out of bounds will be marked at the 35-yard line or wherever the ball went out of bounds, whichever is better for the receiving team."

The kickoff change accomplishes both making the play safer, and encouraging returns.

I like killing the kick PAT, and the yardage-based options to go for 1, 2 or 3 are fun (although I can't imagine anyone going for 1 given that it's only 1 yard closer than going for 2).

The running clock is fantastic, football games are excrutiatingly long (and SU is among the worst when it comes to that).

A few of the rules are gimmicky, but on the whole I like what they're trying to do. Faster pace games with more exciting plays, while not compromising player safety.
Does a punt have to go into the endzone on the fly or does the returning team get to take it at the 35 if it lands in the field of play and then bounces into the endzone? I hope it's not the latter.

Will Eric get a chance to play? Jones s out 4-6 weeks. The Renagades play their first game 4 weeks from this coming Sunday.

Does a punt have to go into the endzone on the fly or does the returning team get to take it at the 35 if it lands in the field of play and then bounces into the endzone? I hope it's not the latter.
No clue.

Saints fan here. Hill runs the ball like a fullback and has an absolute cannon. I like Eric, but Hill has much better physical tools.

College games are excruciatingly long because they stop the clock for 1st downs. That is asinine. I don't mind the length of NFL games at all. What's the difference if you spend 3 hours watching your team on Sunday or 4 hours combined watching a couple of BB games during the week?

The 4.5 hour marathon dome melters that I've been to in the past couple of years definitely need adjustment but a running clock in football is crap, it takes too long to reset after a play and defenders are known for finding ways to delay the other team getting back to the huddle. This isn't a rugby match.

How much time is going to run off the clock waiting for guys on the edge to get back for the next play? A team that is down in the final minutes will have WRs trying to sprint back down the field to get the next play off and won't have the gas to actually get open at that point. The XFL is going to end up a 3 yards and cloud of dust league because of it.

There's that. Other than those differences there the same guy.

Hill was the fastest player on BYU. If he doesn’t break his leg (and then come back off a medical redshirt not the same player and somewhat ineffective at QB age 26 or so after those missions) he enters the draft as an interesting sought after prospect. Maybe even at QB.

Dungey has no measureables. He was extremely good at running the football but it had nothing to do with speed he was good like Frank Gore. Also always made great decisions and plays to buy time. I’m not sure Devito was even that bad this year in that regard we had just been watching someone never make the wrong choice whether to throw or tuck it and pick up yards when the pocket collapsed. But that doesn’t get you drafted if you don’t have NFL arm strength or accuracy.

He should be able to get another year on the Browns practice squad if they keep garret Gilbert as backup to Mayfield that dude blows. He can win any team a couple games filling in for the starter. But he wouldn’t be an effective starter long term he’d get hurt and teams would gameplan for him.

Hills old he might be turning 30 soon. Doubt anyone makes him a starter but Lamar Jackson helps the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom