Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA

...and what is SU’s record with Dungey as the starter? Most of our 2017 and 2016 losses happened when Dungey was out. The kid just wins.

So did Tebow

So did Tebow

He’s Tebow who played his entire college career banged up. Teams aren’t confident he can truck NFL linebackers regularly like he did in college and hold up etc.

Someone is going to let him take a shot at beating out their backup or a late round draft pick in camp. But teams have no reason to draft him when they have multiple qbs in the system.

Being the best QB in the CFL next year could be a better path they have one less down and like mobility and he could play the way he did for us in that league and get on some radars.

It’s not that he didn’t get drafted. It’s who did get drafted.
But of all the players to talk about why would we expect the talking heads to talk about him? It makes sense for them to question why certain guys got drafted, but I wouldn't then ezpext them to mention him as an alternative for the reasons listed above.

Yeah, crazy that we’d believe he could be good enough and that we might be biased. Lol. Of course we see him through orange colored glasses. Dude brought them back into prominence. Wear mine with pride
I can see what he did for our program and still see how others outside of our program view him. You strike me as an insightful person. I'm a little surprised you can't do the same.

Being the best QB in the CFL next year could be a better path they have one less down and like mobility and he could play the way he did for us in that league and get on some radars.
He wouldn't be that. Those are grown men who are professional QB's.
Eric was a good college QB who was very important to SU. That may have to be enough for him.

I was at a hockey game once with a crew that included someone that was gay. We almost got into a brawl with a couple trash bags that spewed some offensive language.

I was offended by the s*** spewed out of their mouths. Does that count?
No, you weren't offended, as it wasn't directed at you. You were angry that someone would treat your friend that way.

ED didn't get recruited by any P5 teams and came to Syracuse at the last possible minute. He had a great career and beat Clemson, achieved a 10 win season in a very tough conference and won a bowl. Maybe that pattern will repeat and he will get an NFL contract with the last UF agent contracts available.

Your offended? How can you, personally, be offended by something that is happening to someone else?
I am frustrated. Is that the better word to use? Our football team was very good this year and I think Eric deserves a chance to show what he can do. I didn’t expect him to get drafted, but just wanted him provided an opportunity. If he gets cut after pre season, so be it.

Honestly with the concussions he has had I kind of hope he hangs it up and becomes president or something. Turn the page

IF he doesn’t get a FA offer at all, it’s no doubt the health thing. Not any other thing. Heck, a lot of QBs have signed as FA’s including guys we have played against like the UConn QB and the Central Connecticut St QB.

ED didn't get recruited by any P5 teams and came to Syracuse at the last possible minute. He had a great career and beat Clemson, achieved a 10 win season in a very tough conference and won a bowl. Maybe that pattern will repeat and he will get an NFL contract with the last UF agent contracts available.

I don’t think there’s a limit on FA contracts.

I
giphy.gif

I can see what he did for our program and still see how others outside of our program view him. You strike me as an insightful person. I'm a little surprised you can't do the same.

I can see both. I just choose the orange light

Is anyone else more than slightly concerned that the injuries will prevent him from even getting a shot?

I am frustrated. Is that the better word to use? Our football team was very good this year and I think Eric deserves a chance to show what he can do. I didn’t expect him to get drafted, but just wanted him provided an opportunity. If he gets cut after pre season, so be it.
I think the more important question, long term, is why do you allow yourself to be emotionally upset by things that are happening to someone that you don't know, and who has no idea who you are?

It could really just be that he is weighing his options with multiple offers on the table. I believe everyone should get an opportunity to prove themselves. Lets just be patient folks, I'm sure we will hear something pretty soon. Go Eric Dungey, Orange Forever!!!!!!!

It could really just be that he is weighing his options with multiple offers on the table. I believe everyone should get an opportunity to prove themselves. Lets just be patient folks, I'm sure we will hear something pretty soon. Go Eric Dungey, Orange Forever!!
The ship has more than likely sailed. Rookie camps start in a few days - he just hasn’t received any invites.

I think the more important question, long term, is why do you allow yourself to be emotionally upset by things that are happening to someone that you don't know, and who has no idea who you are?
Nobody said anything about being emotionally upset. I thought that this forum was to discuss Syracuse Football and it’s players. Saying that I’m offended and or frustrated that one of our star players didn’t get a contract playing in the NFL doesn’t translate to what you have made it out to be. You and some others on here are the reason people don’t want to post. They feel like they will be patronized like you are trying to do to me right now. You are pretty cool behind your keyboard Captain Tuttle.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom