Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA

I think the more important question, long term, is why do you allow yourself to be emotionally upset by things that are happening to someone that you don't know, and who has no idea who you are?
Save the sanctimony, Capt. It's a fan forum and there's no need for you to act as 'arbiter' of people's feelings. Dungey's a record-setting QB and a nice young man. It shouldn't be a surprise that fans want the best for him. Hard to understand why you post on here every day if you can't accept that concept.

Last edited:
Not surprised at all. Dungey I just don’t believe is a pro QB and I don’t even follow the nfl. He’s not accurate enough, his mechanics aren’t great, has happy feet, and he’d rather run it than sit in a pocket.

I think the more important question, long term, is why do you allow yourself to be emotionally upset by things that are happening to someone that you don't know, and who has no idea who you are?
This is a bad take.

Like it or not Sports fans when they see the team win or lose it usually triggers an emotional reaction. I don’t think anyone is super emotionally upset by this and is keeping themselves up at night... But to not be a bit disappointed that a QB who has literally changed our program, is being ignored, while some Duke QB goes 6th overall, yes is frustrating.

I would think Eric projects as a TE at the next level. Unfortunately I think his concussion issues will make it difficult for him to stick as a TE in the NFL.

Worse have signed.

I think he’ll get a shot and he’ll bounce around for a couple of years as a backup but I just don’t see anything more. It boils down to mechanics and accuracy, tuck it and run.

I certainly wish him well and hope he makes it.

While I can appreciate what you might be saying, how can you not get emotionally invested? As a resident of Syracuse and alum, these kids come and give everything they can. They reach out the community and bring joy to many people , young and old. This young man couldn't stay on field during his tenure, yet kept coming back. If that's not enough to route for an individual, not sure what is. I for one am proud he represented Cuse the way he did. I will forever be emotionally rooting for his success in life.

The ship has more than likely sailed. Rookie camps start in a few days - he just hasn’t received any invites.
There is a supplemental draft in July. Maybe some surprises then.

Not sure how reliable this tweet is

This is some new info. If a number of teams want him as a wildcat back, he and his agent probably have to hash that out to see how it works out financially. That would probably result in a much better contract in the short term than a camp look QB contract. Maybe some teams are willing to give him some look at QB while playing slash. It certainly is a plausible reason why he hasn't signed a camp QB contract, much more to consider.

No. Because he didn't have as many concussions as you've been led to believe.

He deserves an invite. I wonder if Tom steps up.

Even RJ Anderson got an invite with the Raiders and last 2.5 days.

Even RJ Anderson got an invite with the Raiders and last 2.5 days.

A guard from Wisconsin has 20 FA offers and still hasn’t decided or signed yet.

Are you referring to Beau Benzschawel who originally committed to us?

What are you doing on a fan forum if you don’t have any emotional investment in Syracuse athletics? And why put down someone for wanting to see someone who gave us countless memories succeed beyond college? I never post on here but this is the first time I’ve seen something that I can’t hold back on

Why is anyone surprised he didn't get a mention? Are you all wearing orange colored glasses? He is not a prototypical NFL qb and does not have the elite athleticism that makes teams wanna take a chance on him.

Just like McNabb was viewed better than a number of qb's in passing friendly systems that put up better numbers than him, Dungey will not get the benefit of the doubt because of his numbers.

What Dungey did for our program was great. He was a huge part of us coming back and will always bw remembered fondly for it. But just like Marvin Graves his game does not translate well enough to the NFL to get him drafted. And that's fine. We've had a lot of really good players that weren't pros (he may still be one), some of them were some of my favorites.
i was hoping that he would be drafted. he may catch on at some position other than qb. personally hope that he does not continue to play football. he is a very bright
young man with a great future in anything he may try----including coaching football if he wants to.

What are you doing on a fan forum if you don’t have any emotional investment in Syracuse athletics? And why put down someone for wanting to see someone who gave us countless memories succeed beyond college? I never post on here but this is the first time I’ve seen something that I can’t hold back on
All kinds of folks on the forum. Don't worry about it.

Yeah, crazy that we’d believe he could be good enough and that we might be biased. Lol. Of course we see him through orange colored glasses. Dude brought them back into prominence. Wear mine with pride

This post is RutgersAl territory. You haven't taken this path since defending all Shafer's amazing recruiting classes and coaching prowess. Welcome back.

Why is anyone surprised he didn't get a mention? Are you all wearing orange colored glasses? He is not a prototypical NFL qb and does not have the elite athleticism that makes teams wanna take a chance on him.

Just like McNabb was viewed better than a number of qb's in passing friendly systems that put up better numbers than him, Dungey will not get the benefit of the doubt because of his numbers.

What Dungey did for our program was great. He was a huge part of us coming back and will always bw remembered fondly for it. But just like Marvin Graves his game does not translate well enough to the NFL to get him drafted. And that's fine. We've had a lot of really good players that weren't pros (he may still be one), some of them were some of my favorites.

He has tremendous athleticism - he is tough and he can run.

He is also super smart.

But, he probably does not have an NFL arm.

I suspect that that is what concerns the NFL scouts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom