Erv Philips | Syracusefan.com

Erv Philips

This guy has more skills than any Cuse running back since ..... Floyd himself.

he is what we need. playmaker.

now we need one of the frosh wr's to emerge as 1.

Amen

Not sure who that would be at WR, but we need somebody. AB looked good running routes in the middle of the field - this could be his niche. Really need a playmaker on the outside.

Philips definitely needs more touches. AAM looked good too.

Really nice win today. Keep moving forward.

A little disappointed they didn't stretch the field with Custis given his height, but I like it that they were targeting him out there and Ishmael made a great catch in traffic in the first half.

I'd like to see Custis get the ball going downfield so he can use his height/speed vs a LB or Safety. Not sure how giving him the ball in a bubble screen is utilizing his size and athleticism?

Get him in the rotation. - he looks like those speedy little backs florida uses

I'd like to see Custis get the ball going downfield so he can use his height/speed vs a LB or Safety. Not sure how giving him the ball in a bubble screen is utilizing his size and athleticism?
True, but he didn't get a catch last week and we had a decent lead for most of the game. Maybe were just trying to see what he could do in space. No need to go for big shots down field today, but he would be a great target in the future.

I know it's a different position, but he reminds me a little of Tavon Austin.

JarHeadJim said:
He's no good. Beacuse all the recruting services only rated him 2 stars.

Which big schools offered him? Did they make a mistake?

CousCuse said:
This guy has more skills than any Cuse running back since ..... Floyd himself.

Let's not put undo expectations on him. It's one game, let him grow into his role. He looks like he's gong to be very good but people did the same with PTG then Morris. They're still on the roster unless people were wrong about them.

I've been a George Morris guy ... but
Keep the faith, Toga!

What we saw today is that we have one more dangerous guy than we thought. It's not zero sum.

I'd like to see anybody get the ball downfield at this point. That's my biggest fear going forward against better competition - we've got to be able to consistently stretch the field.

The frosh collectively looked great today. Franklin looked great on D, Rodney Williams with a fumble recovery on specials, Ishmael although quiet had a nice catch downfield in traffic, Custis got some run, Erv looked great coming out of the back field - I was really happy with what I saw from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom