ESPN bubble watch today

upperdeck

Living Legend
One take in the ACC from Bill Connelly

Miami/Clemson makes sense
SMU has a shot
Pitt I get if, they win out they will take out SMU and Clemson
VT will take out SU and Clemson and Duke

But Lou? how do they have a shot. 2 losses in league even if they beat Clemson and Pitt both have to lose another as well as Miami/SMU have to lose 2.
Sure it could happen but it takes about 10-15 things which shows in their 1% chance

But Duke/SU no mention at all. Both require way less things to go right if they win out.

One thing it becomes much less muddled in the next 2 weeks

Win out and this is all elementary. a two loss SU team with a win vs Miami will be gut wrenching when we're left out but that's the issue with being in the ACC. Easier conf will need 1 loss max for a Syracuse like team to get in.

no idea. But we can win out and be on the Bubble for sure. Win the next 2 and I suspect we get noticed because we would be inside top 25.

Win out and be left out?
Would be so wrong when a 3 loss SEC team gets in.
It wouldnt even be good for ratings,maybe? Random fan wanna see SU vs Tenn? Or Ala vs Tenn rematch?
I know deep down Saban wants to see SU take down Tenn in that situation.

Im sure he loves Bama but ego is strong, he wouldnt be crushed to see the outsider fail.

He knows football better than 99.9% and he at least mentioned SU as a surprise team in playoff, I doubt that wasnt thought about beforehand as a prediction.

Last edited:
Now that would be an organic and entertaining rematch.
A matchup thats not built into every schedule. A game where a conference gets the chance to prove which one is best.

These same conference rematches in the playoffs is so lame.
Should be any P4 team gets in with 0 losses, next 1 loss, next 2 loss.
Id bring in 2 G5s with 1 loss over any p4 with 3 losses.
They may not be better than 3 loss SEC teams but who cares? They earned it give em a chance. Make the regular season games way more interesting and meaningful.
I mean seriously, in Basketball not the best teams make the tourney, but those 16 seeds earned there chance.

Have a play-in game like UNLV with 1 loss vs a 3 loss sec team.

Im rambling now forgot I had an edible, that was 5 hrs ago.

The bubble watch should be last four in, first four out and then next four out. Using the current polls that is...

Last Four In
Tennessee, LSU, Clemson, BYU/Notre Dame

1st Four Out
Notre Dame(AP)/BYU(Coach), Indiana, A&M, Bama

Next Four
K State, Ole Miss, Pitt, Illinois(AP)/Mizzou(Coach)

No one else should be mentioned as being on the bubble. They would need to jump 9 to 10 teams to get into the playoff. That is a lot. However, we are only halfway through the season. The bubble watch shouldn't start until the first playoff poll, which is two weeks away.

Once the playoff poll is out, #21 IMO is not even on the Bubble. With only 4 games left they need to jump 9 to 10 teams. So even if they go 4-0 (not likely), they still need the team ahead to lose 1-2 games to sneak in.

For SU if we win our next two, we will likely make the Bubble. If we split the two, IMO we then need to win the following 3 just to get onto the Bubble.

Last edited:
Win out and this is all elementary. a two loss SU team with a win vs Miami will be gut wrenching when we're left out but that's the issue with being in the ACC. Easier conf will need 1 loss max for a Syracuse like team to get in.
Especially when one of those losses is possibly the worst team in the ACC.

We win out- we are in
We lose one more- no chance of playoff

That’s how I see it. 10-2 Syracuse isn’t compelling vs 8-4 Alabama for example
I agree. However, a 10-2 Cuse vs an 8-4 or 9-3 Bama would be a compelling play in game. A Cuse vs Bama play in would draw alot of viewers.

Except we are not there yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom