ESPN Cut List.. | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Cut List..

The "Iger sanction". Instead of throwing their employees under the bus they are pushing them off the Disney Mountain. Cord cutting is just starting......the future for ESPN, as is, is not bright. In a couple of years this will start to transfer to the leagues in diminished revenues and viewership. Streaming is the way of the future!
and a la carte is its method....! My view I say enough of this packaged cable bs...... this one size fits all is prehistoric thinking like back in my day when Ford said you can have any color you want as long as its black.

Last edited:
Not sure if Dottie Pepper got mentioned. She will still be on network tv but ESPN is cutting back its golf coverage. Dottie is a local girl who does local things. I'm a golf geek and probably prejudiced about her but I think she's very good.

"The Real Story" but there's no actual reportable facts in the article. Just another slant to fit an agenda.
I'm confused. What agenda?

If ESPN became a la carte I would cancel it after College basketball season. I would pay for it from September to March.

I could careless about the regular season NBA or MLB.

The network non sports programming is pathetically non-appealing to me.

If ESPN became a la carte I would cancel it after College basketball season. I would pay for it from September to March.

Will it eventually get to where we are buying just the shows that we want to watch?

Will it eventually get to where we are buying just the shows that we want to watch?
I doubt it will get that far.

It's likely to be like HBO Plus in the future.
Where you just pay for the month.

If ESPN non-game programming can't attract viewers then the network will be in big trouble.

Honest question: if they're looking to reduce overhead, why not eliminate the awful, ridiculous, unpleasant use of the three-man broadcast team? And sideline "reporters"?
It seems to me that ESPN has made the classic cost cutting mistake that most companies do. Cut the lowest hanging (cheapest) labor (i.e. The people doing all the work) and keep the overpaid execs.

Britt McHenry gone too
How did they justify this, such a hottie-
upload_2017-4-27_16-28-49.jpeg

ESPN laid off Britt McHenry on Wednesday. On Thursday she was back on SportsCenter

Last edited:
I am not sure why, but I like Kornheiser and Wilbon. They raise their voices a little, but I guess I just respect their opinions. Woody Paige and Skip Bayless just seemed like a couple of Bud Poliquins going at it. I didn't care what they had to say, but they kept on talking and talking and talking, it is nauseating. I don't know how you sustain so many shows based on debate. Debate can be entertaining when there is subject matter to debate about. When it has to be fabricated, it just becomes two people yelling at each other without reason. For a whole network to fill their non live broadcast schedule with this crap seems so foolish.
They're likeable because you can tell it's two friends busting on each other the way all of us do when talking sports with friends, and most of the time they're knowledgeable while not taking themselves as seriously as the other guys do.

They're likeable because you can tell it's two friends busting on each other the way all of us do when talking sports with friends, and most of the time they're knowledgeable while not taking themselves as seriously as the other guys do.
I like PTI for that reason - Kornheiser and Wilbon are knowledegable but also admit what they don't know, and they don't exaggerate their friendships and connections to professional athletes like SAS does constantly. PTI guys agree on some topics, that how you know it's not completely made up. SAS and Skip ALWAYS took opposite sides, that's how I knew it was scripted. PTI is two guys giving their opinions whether they agree or disagree, SAS and Skip is the "Real Word" sports edition.

I've always clamored for a la carte cable options, but I've read some articles that make it seem like not such a great deal after all, and possibly more expensive than the current bundle model.

Here's Why You Don't Want A La Carte Cable -- The Motley Fool

The writer makes a reasonable argument and a valid point if the whole ESPN earnings issue was the only issue. When you consider that ESPN does NOT have to earn the same amount as they were before, that very high profits (the reason Disney wanted the property in the first place!) can be lowered to a more modest level, top end exec and talent salaries can be trimmed, production costs can be trimmed (use more local techs vs. flying around technical personnel across the country - I had a neighbor that would be sent everywhere in the U.S. but nothing within 200 miles).

I agree that full a la carte may not be the most desirable for the top end consumers (those of us who need ESPN for our live game action - Read SEC, ACC, B1G, Big 12, many small conferences, MLB, NFL, etc. fans), but in truth, the average person who does not watch sports will be benefited by dropping their highest expense in viewing TV. Because something may benefit me better in this manner does not mean it is best for everyone. Besides, in the long run, the rights markets will be squeezed a bit (does anyone really believe the B1G is worth their projected $40-50Mil/year/team?) or that MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL needs to pay extremely generous salaries to guys getting paid to do what we can only dream of doing for a job?

I do that now with Sling TV.

Key statement:
"It won't impact our deal with the ACC," Wildhack said. "Our deal runs through 2036. The ACC Network will launch as scheduled in 2019. I think ESPN will put all their muscle and support toward making sure the launch is a success because they are a partner and they have a vested interest in making sure the ACC Network is a financial success."

Is she the one that treated a parking lot attendant like a subhuman? If so, good riddance.

EDIT: She was just on draft coverage so I guess she carries on.

No, apparently this is her last assignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom