ESPN Cut List.. | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Cut List..

For whatever reason I don't think FT is produced for people who spend their day on a college sports message board (college graduates).

I mean I don't watch ESPN either but I'm not going to get all indignant that they're making garbage shows like that. If it was popular they'd do more in depth stuff and long form essays. But it's not. Screaming and H0T Takes are.

Popular =\= good.

So it's cheaper to pay your competitor?
It's outsourcing for a cheap hour of TV.

MLBN expands its brand and dominated the coverage of its sport.

ESPN comes off weak. Good move for News Corp.

For whatever reason I don't think FT is produced for people who spend their day on a college sports message board (college graduates).

I mean I don't watch ESPN either but I'm not going to get all indignant that they're making garbage shows like that. If it was popular they'd do more in depth stuff and long form essays. But it's not. Screaming and H0T Takes are.

Popular =\= good.
First Take's ratings weren't great.

They were good for ESPN2 because it got them ad dollars on their second channel.
Since Skip left the network has been forced to move FT off ESPN2 and onto ESPN to salvage ratings.

Moving it onto ESPN is the network selling its soul for mediocre ratings.

FT with Skip and SAS had niche support. Now it's just awful and because ESPN is on in more places than ESPN2 saves ratings.

OTL would get ratings if got the same promotion that FT and the SC6 get.

The problem, I think, is that they are still in bed with cable providers when it comes to the streaming service,
That and Disney/ABC have used ESPN to leverage cable companies into carrying the rest of their crap. Those are contracts in place that ESPN can't just back out of to go be by themselves and that includes streaming services. The biggest issues that they have is with the people cutting the cord who don't and have never considered ESPN to be integral to their viewing habits. That's lost revenue that can't be made back through a streaming service. I use slingTV and I subscribe to ESPN just for college basketball season. If there was a standalone ACC channel, I'd subscribe to that and skip ESPN altogether. There is very little of their programming that interests me.

Truthfully, my not watching isn't borne from an attempt to get these guys fired. I don't watch their programming because I don't give two @#$@ about being preached to. Nor do I want to watch grown men and women yammer at each other like prepubescent ftards. If it weren't for Steven playing football, I'd never flip the station to ESPN (WatchESPN) at all.
Hilarious!! And completely echo's how I feel.

Sportscenter used to always be on in the background at my house all morning and most of the day because of the highlights and the personalities, Stuart Scott, Kenny Mayne, Dan Patrick, etc.

I only turn it on now when I absolutely know something Syracuse related is on, College Gameday or a live game. Completely useless now that I can go to the app to watch games and not have to listen to anything that you described in your post.

Comedy Central showed Police Academy 5 last week. It wasn't a comedy. I didn't laugh once.

Ha well comedy is subjective to the viewer/listener, but just because it's a bad comedy (to you) doesn't mean it's not comedy.

Jayson Stark goes, Buster Olney stays.

Andy Katz goes, Joe Lunardi stays.

Danny Kannell goes, Mark May stays.

Sometimes the world makes no sense.
I heard Mark May is gone. A lot of the football analysts have been quiet.

So where should I go for sports radio? I've listened to the espn line up for years, and it's been getting worse and worse.

I get in for the last hour of Lebatard, most days I'm good with him. The segmants with the constant screaming, or random buzzing noise for two minutes at 8am are a little much.
Love Russillo, miss SVP, thought Kannell was good.
Love me some Bomani. (I realize most of you don't and that's cool, you can keep your "worst post in the history of the board" comments to yourself tho, because that's just idiotic)

NBC Sports? CBS sports? Any good local talk? What do you knuckleheads listen to?

Disclaimer- I'm sure I spelled some names wrong. Didn't care enough to google.

ESPN is going to hire Adrian Wojnarowski.

Richard Deitsch is saying expect a major hire. This is it. It will piss a lot of people off as he will cost a lot of money to bring in with his people.

Richard Deitsch is saying expect a major hire. This is it. It will piss a lot of people off as he will cost a lot of money to bring in with his people.

I don't think they are all that worried about who they are pissing off at this point. And Woj is the best NBA guy in the business.

So where should I go for sports radio? I've listened to the espn line up for years, and it's been getting worse and worse.

I get in for the last hour of Lebatard, most days I'm good with him. The segmants with the constant screaming, or random buzzing noise for two minutes at 8am are a little much.
Love me some Bomani. (I realize most of you don't and that's cool, you can keep your "worst post in the history of the board" comments to yourself tho, because that's just idiotic)

NBC Sports? CBS sports? Any good local talk? What do you knuckleheads listen to?

I like Lebatard a lot. He and Bomani's podcasts are ones I try to listen to on a slow day at work or long car ride.

I never warmed up to Kanell. I just always felt like he was trying too hard to be a troll and came off like the little kid being a pain in the @ss to get attention instead of just being a dude you could hang out and talk sports with like Russillo. Russillo I think is awesome though and his dry humor one liners on twitter about the NBA are great.

That would mean Chad Ford would be out for all the DraftExpress people? DraftExpress is a lot more comprehensive than Chad Ford.

Last edited:
That would mean Chad Ford would be out for all the DraftExpress people? DraftExpress is a lot more comprehensive than Chad Ford?
Wojo wants his guys and network to go with him. Bobby Marks etc.

Chad Ford is a strong candidate that got fired. Not all of them have come out yet.

Get Sirius and tune into the College Sports channel. You won't listen to much else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom