ESPN Cut List.. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Cut List..

These firings are just brutal. ESPN is becoming NBA TV and NFL network lite.
With SEC/ACC college sports.
ESPN losing the tier 1 Big Ten games will hurt them.

Hopefully Gameday will focus mostly on SEC/ACC games with a couple other conferences thrown in for the huge games.

espn puts on what they think people will want to watch. I like Hockey. I like poker. I like watching both. I think a poker network would do very well, by the way.
People always forget what the E stands for. I agree that poker is not a sport, but it is a game. I have watched it and gotten in to it at times. And it is better than most of the crap that they are putting on lately. They should get the guys from Dude Perfect to do their own show or something. But, they are already doing quite well, so they would probably turn it down. But, I would watch a show with them in it.

How did they do that? They cover the world series of poker which is in the summer and they show it in the fall. They don't show any other poker. I wish they did.
It was a long time ago, maybe the two weren't mutually exclusive, I just remember them dumping hockey, then seeing tons of poker all over the network and it pissed me off. I love poker, but it's not a sport, it requires absolutely zero athletic ability. To see massive coverage of poker and no hockey was simply......

giphy.gif

espn puts on what they think people will want to watch. I like Hockey. I like poker. I like watching both. I think a poker network would do very well, by the way.
people are going to freakin ARENA's to WATCH people play video games.

poker on tv looks like a week 17 NFL...Win-and-In, matchup comparatively.

It was a long time ago, maybe the two weren't mutually exclusive, I just remember them dumping hockey, then seeing tons of poker all over the network and it pissed me off. I love poker, but it's not a sport, it requires absolutely zero athletic ability. To see massive coverage of poker and no hockey was simply...

giphy.gif
The poker had nothing to do with hockey being off.

When the NHL left ESPN the network has buried the sport.
Poker was red hot from 2004 till about 2009. Then the DOJ shutdown the internet poker it killed the sport and Tv coverage has been less.

It still is profitable during their World Series because it's a popular brand.

referring to it as a blood bath is a joke to. it's 100 people big whoopdeedoo. awww these poor rich dudes are getting laid off.

a blood bath headline is insulting when you see a 1,000 middle class people getting laid off in places like Ilion, NY or elsewhere.

Poker was red hot from 2004 till about 2009. Then the DOJ shutdown the internet poker it killed the sport and Tv coverage has been less.

I get that. ESPN also called themselves the world wide leader in sports and decided not to show hockey and were showing people playing cards. I don't really care what the reasons behind it were, the fact was hockey was off the WWLS and poker was in and it didn't make me happy.

I get that. ESPN also called themselves the world wide leader in sports and decided not to show hockey and were showing people playing cards. I don't really care what the reasons behind it were, the fact was hockey was off the WWLS and poker was in and it didn't make me happy.

The year long strike is what killed hockey/ESPN. I'm sure they thought that many casual fans would bolt (and they were right). Its taken a lot of time for hockey to repair that and I for one as a hockey fan am glad to see that they have found other networks.

during that time, it was Linsanity, it was like Kung Fu in the 70s...

Everybody was kung-fu fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening
But they fought with expert timing

illegal games were all over the City, couldn't walk 2 blocks without finding one...then they cracked down hard and it was over.

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

during that time, it was Linsanity, it was like Kung Fu in the 70s...

Everybody was kung-fu fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening
But they fought with expert timing

illegal games were all over the City, couldn't walk 2 blocks without finding one...then they cracked down hard and it was over.

:bang::bang::bang::bang:
They need the poker sites not break the law. All those sites were ponzi scheming their paying customers.

If internet poker came back beyond
Ignition(old Bovada).

The illegal games and big money would come flowing back.

Full Tilt poker/ Pokerstars illegal actions killed poker.

Dodgers Reporter Doug Padilla

Columnist Johnette Howard

Radio Host Danny Kanell

College Basketball Reporter C.L. Brown

SEC Recruiting Analyst Derek Tyson

ESPN Dallas Columnist Jean-Jacques Taylor

College Basketball Writer Eamonn Brennan

College Football Recruiting Reporter Jeremy Crabtree

College Football Reporter Brett McMurphy

Baseball Reporter Mark Saxon

MLB Analyst Jim Bowden

Big Ten Football Reporter Austin Ward

Wisconsin And Big Ten Football Reporter Jesse Temple

Soccer Writer Mike Goodman

ESPNU Anchor Brendan Fitzgerald

College Basketball Reporter Dana O’Neil

NHL Columnist Pierre LeBrun

Hockey Writer Joe McDonald

NHL Columnist Scott Burnside

NFL Reporter Ed Werder

Titans Reporter Paul Kuharsky

Dodgers Reporter Doug Padilla

Columnist Johnette Howard

Radio Host Danny Kanell

College Basketball Reporter C.L. Brown

SEC Recruiting Analyst Derek Tyson

ESPN Dallas Columnist Jean-Jacques Taylor

College Basketball Writer Eamonn Brennan

College Football Recruiting Reporter Jeremy Crabtree

College Football Reporter Brett McMurphy

Baseball Reporter Mark Saxon

MLB Analyst Jim Bowden

Big Ten Football Reporter Austin Ward

Wisconsin And Big Ten Football Reporter Jesse Temple

Soccer Writer Mike Goodman

ESPNU Anchor Brendan Fitzgerald

College Basketball Reporter Dana O’Neil

NHL Columnist Pierre LeBrun

Hockey Writer Joe McDonald

NHL Columnist Scott Burnside

NFL Reporter Ed Werder

Titans Reporter Paul Kuharsky
C-Wo-LiXYAEs8ZM.jpg:large

wow.

the rest are just bit people, Kannel had his own show and from what I could tell, he wasn't as bad there as he was at QB...

although the Giants did win a NFC East with him...
He was also part of their top college football studio show.

Kannel and Joey Galloway.

Besides his immediate family, name one person that likes Bomani Jones.

I know one of my friends does. I don't really ask around though, because I consider him largely irrelevant except for in his own mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom