ESPN Cut List.. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Cut List..

I'm not sure the order is correct. Those sites were Ponzi schemes but I think the reason they were shut down was due to taxes. It was discovered after they were shut down that they were Ponzi schemes because the sites couldn't pay their customers their money.
It was money laundering and fraud that the DOJ shut down those sites.
It was just funny because it occurred on tax day in 2011.

Good article on it.

A Closer Look at Online Poker's Black Friday

I had 2,500 dollars frozen in PokerStars for 2 years because of this. Thankfully it wasn't a huge part of my bankroll like it was for others.

I have an ignition account but don't like that site. I wish online poker was legal again. Grinding $ 1- $2 games was fun.

i'm sure they're more well off compared to the countless numbers of people I know who've been laid off.
Yeah, I'm not really shedding a tear for any of them... I know real life people, who are good employees with solid educations, struggling to find employment that allows them to support themselves... That being said, a lay off is a lay off is a lay off, and it sucks to each individual who goes through it one way or another.

More sad that something I loved as much as ESPN when I was younger has turned into what it has... But hey, instead of watching highlights in the morning, I now have my cup of coffee with Elmo and my daughter, which is probably my favorite time of the day.

ESPN used to have some watchable shows. The Life, The Season were cool. Now it's all debate shows.

It's so repetitive from 3:30 till 7 and just suck.

PTI good. The rest utter trash.

It was a long time ago, maybe the two weren't mutually exclusive, I just remember them dumping hockey, then seeing tons of poker all over the network and it pissed me off. I love poker, but it's not a sport, it requires absolutely zero athletic ability. To see massive coverage of poker and no hockey was simply...

giphy.gif
This just cracks me up.

Having been through two lay off in past year and a half made me much more cynical. I understand what they are going through and wish them well in finding their next check. Doesn't seem like they are getting any severance pay which sucks

Bomani's great unless you're an old white dude that thinks he's race baiting when he talks about social justice issues.
He called the city of Boston most racist city in the nation and couldn't have the balls to defend it.
See the Gordon Hayward-Boston story in January.

It's not an old white dude thing. Mr. You know and I know sucks. He is lucky he knows how to play the game being a blowhard.

Bomani's great unless you're an old white dude that thinks he's race baiting when he talks about social justice issues.
That's not true. I don't think he is race baiting. I just think that he doesn't know anything, much like most of these guys, but he does it in an even more irritating way than most.

I think that CNN should jump back in to the sports information game. Grab all the good talent that is getting axed and

I liked to turn Sportscenter on in the morning or at night, just for scores and highlights. Not even specific sport or team. Now, I can't even handle having it on in the background.

I would love to see CNN get back into sports, if only for the slim chance these guys would be paired up again.

I would love to see CNN get back into sports, if only for the slim chance these guys would be paired up again.

Oops, that was an incomplete thought that I forgot to completely erase, but yes, those guys, Hannah Storm, Fred Hickman and the late great Nick Charles.

He called the city of Boston most racist city in the nation and couldn't have the balls to defend it.

It's not an old white dude thing. Mr. You know and I know sucks. He is lucky he knows how to play the game being a blowhard.

I don't like him because he never has anything good to say about Syracuse basketball...actually when brought up, he will go on rant on how playing the zone is for cowards...he has literally called Syracuse basketball cowardly for playing the zone...

I really wonder how many many of them did for whatever salary they were earning? They used to have daily chats for each sport too but thats long gone. How much content do they produce vs income they generate?

I don't think Bomani said Boston was the most racist city in the nation. He just basically implied Heyward would be a fan favorite because he's a white guy. I live in Boston and think the city is racist but don't want to hijack this thread so will leave it at that.

I listen to the Bomani podcast quite a bit. He's really smart and gives pretty unique and intelligent takes on a lot of topics.

I knew that would piss a lot of people off. Bomani knows his stuff, and sometimes he goes over the top, like the Heywood story. As someone from Mass, that story definitely annoyed me, as he was incorrect with that take. However, Boston definitely has that reputation and he's not the only one that has said it.

His take on the Indians mascot situation was correct, and so were a bunch of others. If you want to get made at someone for race-baiting look no further than Jemele Hill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom