Cuse at Michigan Video with Gameday | Syracusefan.com

Cuse at Michigan Video with Gameday

Favorite game I ever went to.
Met Dan Fouts and Brent Mussberger at a bar near the stadium after the game, they both signed a Go Orange sign I got from someone passing them out before the game near the Big house.
I was at that bar with 3 buddies. Musberger saw my SU hat walked past slapped me one the shoulder and said great game. Met the one armed guy who said he was part of the group that stole the Michigan Banner, told me the whole story. Walked into the on campus small hotel we were staying at after the game yelling Let's Go Orange, where a hot girl walked up to us and asked if were from Syracuse, thinking we had game, we said yes let's hang out, then she flipped us off and said you Effin suck, we were shocked and tried to think of good comebacks but only did after she left. Tons of great memories.

That team was loaded. Shoulda beat Tennessee game before if that’s the season I am thinking about.
So many SU greats on both sides ... Freeney on the DL, LB's Greenwood and Bulluch, DB's Poles and Byrd, among others. Offense McNabb, Spotwood, K. Johnson, Konrad, McIntosh, Mungro, Jackson, et al. LOADED is right.

Last edited:
Amazing just how much we outplayed them. Couple botched snaps after the center injury, celebration penalty on Poles after a 3rd down sack, missed FG, this game could have been 49-0 at halftime.

Also cool to see a younger Lee Corso.

Back in the prehistoric days...my buddy and I had no tickets. Fortunately we ran into a Cuse fan who sold us 2 tix at Face. Endzone bench seats, 14" of butt space and blazing sun. Fun times.

So many SU greats on both sides ... Freeney on the DL, LB's Greenwood and Bulluch, DB's Poles and Byrd, among others. Offense McNabb, Spotwood, K. Johnson, Konrad, McIntosh, Mungro, Jackson, et al. LOADED is right.
Freeney showed intermittent flashes of what was to come in spot play but was young and I think he dealt with a nagging ankle injury. It's too bad Spotwood got hurt a few games into that season. When he came back he was never quite the same.

I was at that bar with 3 buddies. Musberger saw my SU hat walked past slapped me one the shoulder and said great game. Met the one armed guy who said he was part of the group that stole the Michigan Banner, told me the whole story. Walked into the on campus small hotel we were staying at after the game yelling Let's Go Orange, where a hot girl walked up to us and asked if were from Syracuse, thinking we had game, we said yes let's hang out, then she flipped us off and said you Effin suck, we were shocked and tried to think of good comebacks but only did after she left. Tons of great memories.
We tailgated with a bunch of the guys frim the lax team outside the big house. They were also involved in the banner heist and told the whole story lol. I got tackled by friendly mich fans as we ran down the lines of tailgating cars holding 6 foot su flags. It was so hot, and the only place to get something to drink witbout a long wait was an apple cider stand. Apple cider after beer all afternoon sucked. But it was great seeing the whole big house boo some unkown qb named Tom Brady off the field. What a memory.

Michigan fans booing their defending national championship team after we went up 24-0 is glorious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom