ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game

Forgive my ignorance, why are hotels a concern? GameDay crew is like 5 people. We have big events in Syracuse all the time.
On air is five behind the scenes is many more and it's Family Weekend which is often a very big hotel weekend especially at the hotels that ESPN would seem acceptable. It's similar to when SU didn't get picked to host lax playoffs due to graduation weekend.

Forgive my ignorance, why are hotels a concern? GameDay crew is like 5 people. We have big events in Syracuse all the time.
They've been here for the basketball version multiple times. If hotels was an issue I doubt they would have gone to App State or any of the small towns in the SEC all these years.

On air is five behind the scenes is many more and it's Family Weekend which is often a very big hotel weekend especially at the hotels that ESPN would seem acceptable. It's similar to when SU didn't get picked to host lax playoffs due to graduation weekend.
Thanks. Understood from a crew perspective, but still,
not like we’re spur of the moment hosting the Olympics.

Parents weekend makes sense with limited hotels.

Thanks. Understood from a crew perspective, but still,
not like we’re spur of the moment hosting the Olympics.

Parents weekend makes sense with limited hotels.

I’m not sure this is an issue. The Sheraton can get rooms back with some incentive to do so. I’m sure the school money making from this PR is worth moving people around to get rooms.

I don’t get this. There are plenty of hotel rooms.
No there isn’t as they are all full and any of the rooms left are going for $400+ a night if you can find one, That and they need enough for a whole production crew.

Last edited:
The cost of doing business is too high in New York. ESPN won’t come without subsidies.
Not limited to this ^^^, but some of the "theories" tossed around this thread are simply remarkable.
As in remarkably ignorant.

And now with the addition of Pat mcafee and how much he posts on social about the town and the campus, this would be such a bigger deal to get them on campus. Cmon dealer one time

I just looked at Hilton’s site and they have rooms by the airport for about $660+ a night but they have rooms.

Edit, I’m not sure they have enough rooms but there were 9 I could get.

I don’t get this. There are plenty of hotel rooms.

Lol the closest hotel you can get is in cortland

It’s parents weekend and the hotels are at max capacity

I do wonder…..if it came down to a coin flip and Syracuse was one of the options….does Wildhack have any push on the decision because of his former employment?

Lol the closest hotel you can get is in cortland

It’s parents weekend and the hotels are at max capacity
SU has known that this game was on the radar for GameDay. Im sure that they have had rooms set aside. Also the game is televised and that needed to be planned. I would guess that the university has rooms set aside

SU has known that this game was on the radar for GameDay. Im sure that they have had rooms set aside. Also the game is televised and that needed to be planned. I would guess that the university has rooms set aside
Let’s hope.

They do realize this is like peak leaf raking weekend, right?

I would think the entire operation is way more than 5 people.

I would also think hotel prices aren’t a concern. Every week they announce 1 week before a big game, college football towns aren’t exactly know for their hotel supply.