ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game

I would think the entire operation is way more than 5 people.

I would also think hotel prices aren’t a concern. Every week they announce 1 week before a big game, college football towns aren’t exactly know for their hotel supply.
Agreed. Availability is the bigger issue than $.

SU has known that this game was on the radar for GameDay. Im sure that they have had rooms set aside. Also the game is televised and that needed to be planned. I would guess that the university has rooms set aside
Do you think the school was thinking of hosting GameDay when they released the dates for Family Weekend? Kudos to them if so, as for me I doubt it.

Would normally agree but they were just in Knoxville

Have to decide if they want to go back there so soon
Yep I think the only other contender is the likely place they go with the Michigan Penn State game.

If rooms are really an issue let’s bring up your RV and I’ll happily offer up our Lakehouse to Lee and Kirk (I am only half kidding!). This may need to be a team effort from fans on down through the school, lol

Last edited:
Yep I think the only other contender is the likely place they go with the Michigan Penn State game.

If rooms are really an issue let’s bring up your RV and I’ll happily offer up our Lakehouse to Lee and Kirk (I am only half kidding!). This may need to be a team effort from fans on down through the school
Good idea! I’ll even offer up my camper!

1665318375390.jpeg

Hear me out, trying to get Joe Biden to be guest picker. Working w secret service. Hard to trump that
They seem to like to pick obscure celebrities. I have no idea who these guest pickers are most Saturdays. Then again, I am getting closer to the 'old fart' stage of my life and have no idea who is popular with the young whippersnappers these days.

If we don’t get them next Saturday there’s obviously something to it. For whatever reason they would just be not wanting to do it here. I think we’re the clear cut favorites at this point.
Or, they decided to go with one of the other desirable games that are scheduled that day.

They seem to like to pick obscure celebrities. I have no idea who these guest pickers are most Saturdays. Then again, I am getting closer to the 'old fart' stage of my life and have no idea who is popular with the young whippersnappers these days.
Dude truer words have never been spoken, have you picked up a People magazine lately? I don’t know most of the people anymore when they deliver that thing to my healthcare office!

I could see Michael Cole (lead WWE announcer and has worked with McAfee for the past year each week, he is a Syracuse Grad). Only issue is Friday night he is in New Orleans for a show so logistics may not work.

Jim Boeheim is the easy one but that is kinda boring honestly. I could see David Muir (part of the ABC/ESPN family), Vanessa Williams, Taye Diggs, Anne Burrell, (does Daniel Baldwin still live here? LOL) would be "celebrity options". To keep it to sports, Carmelo, McNabb or Freeney would also be viable options too.

I could see Michael Cole (lead WWE announcer and has worked with McAfee for the past year each week, he is a Syracuse Grad). Only issue is Friday night he is in New Orleans for a show so logistics may not work.

Jim Boeheim is the easy one but that is kinda boring honestly. I could see David Muir (part of the ABC/ESPN family), Vanessa Williams, Taye Diggs, Anne Burrell, (does Daniel Baldwin still live here? LOL) would be "celebrity options". To keep it to sports, Carmelo, McNabb or Freeney would also be viable options too.
I'm sure he could private jet here after the show and be good to go.

The guest pickers always seem to be geared towards young people's interests. Post Malone grew up in Bville, we have tons of famous people with ties to CNY. My guess though would be Melo, McNabb or Jim Brown. Freeney would be great too. Tirico works for a rival network now so that's out the window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom