ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game

The weekend of the ND game has a lot of competition (Fla-Georgia, Okie St-K-State, Ohio St-Penn St)...so unless Syracuse beats BOTH NC State and Clemson, I don't see that game happening either.

Oh well, maybe another time
i doubt okie state-Kstate is in play

Im guessing O'Leary for nc state being hurt in the game last night was a factor, but Alabama-Tennessee is a big game in itself

Agree, thats a way sexier matchup

Im guessing O'Leary for nc state being hurt in the game last night was a factor, but Alabama-Tennessee is a big game in itself

Probably. Tenn is like Miami these days though and could easily see their little return to relevance end 35-7.

Unlikely, Oregon vs Ucla
I hope so, that is the one game on my preseason progs that I put we have no chance in. Just the way the schedule falls more than anything. And with our previous record with game day at away venues, please no, would mask all the progress we’ve made with a likely similarly bad result down there.

I've been foaming at the mouth my entire life for SU to host Gameday, but I mean, it is what it is. We're the 4th biggest game of the day after Bama/Tenn, PSU/Michigan and OSU/TCU.

Unlikely, Oregon vs Ucla
Yeah I don’t know about that now. If ‘Cuse and Clemson are undefeated that might get the nod over a team that got blown out by Georgia and who shouldn’t be ranked 12th.

The worst part is I now have that nauseating Rocky Top song in my head. I’m going to hurl shortly.

SU's best chance to host Gameday is to have Clemson/FSU come early in the season IMO like 2019.

Hopefully they can keep this staff together + boost recruiting with the Lally complex

If they go back to Clemson for our game, it would be so annoying.

Yeah. That said they set precedent this year now with going back to Knoxville. What a nut kick that would be.

Some in this fanbase are funny and not thinking rationally. Beginning of year people just wanted 6-6, and many predicted 3-9, 5-7 Now they are getting really upset that Gameday picked a top10 SEC matchup over ‘Cuse and a banged up NC State.

The weekend of the ND game has a lot of competition (Fla-Georgia, Okie St-K-State, Ohio St-Penn St)...so unless Syracuse beats BOTH NC State and Clemson, I don't see that game happening either.

Won't Ohio State Penn State be FOX? Florida isn't any good this year. I think we win this week, then we get it for ND. ESPN would love to talk about ND all day and it will be two Top 20 teams.

Some in this fanbase are funny and not thinking rationally. Beginning of year people just wanted 6-6, and many predicted 3-9, 5-7 Now they are getting really upset that Gameday picked a top10 SEC matchup over ‘Cuse and a banged up NC State.
They went to Appalachian State! But they won’t even come to Syracuse when we’re 5-0 and playing a 5-1 team!

Instead they’re going back to somewhere they already went! The slight is real, IMO.

Yeah, sooo.

Won't Ohio State Penn State be FOX? Florida isn't any good this year. I think we win this week, then we get it for ND. ESPN would love to talk about ND all day and it will be two Top 20 teams.
Doesn’t matter if the OSU/PSU is Fox, Kansas-TCU was Fox too

They went to Appalachian State! But they won’t even come to Syracuse when we’re 5-0 and playing a 5-1 team!

Instead they’re going back to somewhere they already went! The slight is real, IMO.
I blame Herbie who will pick against us again next weekend and then rot in hell

Yeah, I see PSU losing to Michigan & Florida might have 3 losses by then. We’d really need K-State to lose to TCU.

We’d also have to beat NC State & Clemson to have a shot.

It’s called adjusting horizons.