ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game

I have nothing but time for the rest of the night. Today seems like a good day to be another day and tell that story my friend
I’ve been informed by my brother that under no circumstances can I fell the story. Lol. Not even through DM. frankly I should delete the original. Bad job by me.

Ok so these casuals that aren't up to date on their local P5 team know about Game Day? They would attend the NC ST game if Game Day is there regardless of the fact that two ranked teams will face off in the dome?

Doesn't make sense. Stop making excuses for these people.
I hate the fair weather fan as much as you do, but the truth is they exist, and with an event like Game Day you're going to attract a few of them. Also, you'll get people who show up that might not even be SU fans. They'll just want to tell their mom they'll be on TV behind Herbstreit.

ND would be a good week to have it guarantee a sellout and night game. That game is probably headed for noon ABC currently. 2003 was at noon against them we want this one at night.

Ohio State @ Pedo St, Kentucky Tennessee, and Okie St Kansas St the only other ranked matchups right now.

Beating Clemson definitely brings it here.

There are some really top matchups that night of far more interest to the general college football fan than our game.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the students would prefer the barstool show coming to campus more than game day

Portnoy loves Syracuse and I suspect if it makes sense they’ll come and set up shop at castle court or something

I hate the fair weather fan as much as you do…
I don’t know about that. I made a casual fan voodoo doll

1664879352276.jpeg

Obviously we aren’t getting game day. But I think there is a good chance we get the Bartsool show which may be just as a good thing. Bartsool has a huge younger audience. Let’s be honest the younger generation has not seen a lot of good Syracuse football. If they hear barstool is coming to Cuse they will want to go and grab all their friends. Gives them a good experience and good exposure to Cuse football. We win that game with a crazy environment like expected…might make some Cuse fans that day. Think there is a good chance barstool is here for that game

Gotta think it is...

1. USC at Utah should they both win

2. Clemson at FSU should they both win

3. Okie State at TCU should they both win

4. Miss State at UK should they both win

5. UNC at Duke should they both win

661E15A4-2D97-4DE8-A4B8-BBFD977F106E.jpeg
If not Gameday hopefully the Barstool College Football show. They’re at Rutgers this week. No reason why they can’t come here.

ND would be a good week to have it guarantee a sellout and night game. That game is probably headed for noon ABC currently. 2003 was at noon against them we want this one at night.

Ohio State @ Pedo St, Kentucky Tennessee, and Okie St Kansas St the only other ranked matchups right now.

Beating Clemson definitely brings it here.
Please not noon. I need time to tailgate and will be on west coast time. So noon is 9am and 9am is 6am for tailgating. 3:30 or later, please.

No one expected Micron to announce they were coming to CNY so never say never. I honestly believe we are going to get ESPN Gameday for the NC State game.

ESPN has a lot of interesting story lines to cover on 10/15 like the Ring of Honor, first time 5-0 since Coach Mac, Sugar Bowl - Pat Dye tie, etc.

No one expected Micron to announce they were coming to CNY so never say never. I honestly believe we are going to get ESPN Gameday for the NC State game.

ESPN has a lot of interesting story lines to cover on 10/15 like the Ring of Honor, first time 5-0 since Coach Mac, Sugar Bowl - Pat Dye tie, etc.
Could have guest spots with family of Davis and Little, JB , (Boeheim not Biden )

Hotel rooms are too tight on Family Weekend. I'd be surprised if the GameDay crew can find rooms.

F gameday.
Seriously, the last time this came up we died in Maryland.

I dont care about this stupid show on this stupid fugazi network that invents news. Let's just win games. If one of the 5000 Syracuse grads at ESPN decides to use their influence to grace our campus with their presence, cool. If not, whatever. Keep winning games.
Fugazi - wow, haven't heard or seen that word since I moved away from the north side of Syracuse.

Another thing to keep in mind if we ever get Gameday, is the Pat McAfee show will feature the school since Pat broadcasts from the game day location of the week.

I think the 3:30 time slot for kickoff works out great if we land ESPN Gameday.

Fans are far more likely to take in the Gameday festivities on the Quad from 9-12 and then hang out at the Cuse on the Quad tent until kickoff.

Those who say Cuse doesn’t need GameDay should tune into the show right now and see Kansas fans living it up

“It’s beautiful. We love the amount of attention that’s coming to our program. It feels great to finally be recognized for all the work we’ve been putting in…..” Jakob Daniel’s on GameDay in Kansas

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom