ESPN McMurphy “Dungey is in the running for Heisman” | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN McMurphy “Dungey is in the running for Heisman”

Nancy got in the way

yeah, can't believe she stopped a kid from coming here who snuck into a sleeping girl's dorm room, wouldn't leave and then starting beating off. guess we should have just looked past that, huh?

My point was that Ish used the example of a QB, Tebow, who wasn't a great thrower( Who has a funky throwing motion, Eric doesn't) as an example of why Dungey isn't a great QB. The irony here is the guy who he used as an example of why Dungey isn't a great QB and can not win the Heisman, won the Heisman. To be clear, you are saying Dungey is not a great QB, right?

Dungey like Tebow is a very good college QB ... never said he wasn't. Do you make up what I say as you go? I said Dungey's numbers aren't even close to Tebow's nor have they ever been. I also have stated that he will not win the Heisman no matter how much you want him to. I love SU football and have been watching since I was 4 but I'm also intelligent enough to be realistic. Donnie McPherson was cheated no doubt but this isn't even close to the same situation, and while you sit over there lamenting the value of Tua vs Dungey go back and watch what Bama looks like with Hurts vs Tua and get back to me. I know against FSU with Dungey it was 6-0 SU with Devito it was 24-7 SU ... hmmmmmmm

Dungey like Tebow is a very good college QB ... never said he wasn't. Do you make up what I say as you go? I said Dungey's numbers aren't even close to Tebow's nor have they ever been. I also have stated that he will not win the Heisman no matter how much you want him to. I love SU football and have been watching since I was 4 but I'm also intelligent enough to be realistic. Donnie McPherson was cheated no doubt but this isn't even close to the same situation, and while you sit over there lamenting the value of Tua vs Dungey go back and watch what Bama looks like with Hurts vs Tua and get back to me. I know against FSU with Dungey it was 6-0 SU with Devito it was 24-7 SU ... hmmmmmmm
Now your being honest. You would prefer TD to start over Dungey. Dino has made the decision about that and he has Dungey starting as of now. You should support his decision and The current starter, who is a great QB and is leading the Orange to a breakout season.

If he average 240 pass and 60 rush next seven games with 2 and 1, he'd be at:

2700 pass 23 TDs
800 rush 13 TDs

Great for our record book ( and probably overall record ). Not Heisman numbers though

He'd have to average 300 and 100 and 3 and 1.5 a game to get into consideration

If we run the table. Dungy's top 4. Tua's a better quarterback, but because his team is without doubt the best team in the country, bringing a 4-8 team to 11-1 or even 10-2 is a much better accomplishment.

A David Hale joint (@DavidHaleESPN) | Twitter
@DavidHaleESPN 2h

Dabo on Eric Dungey: “We should’ve sacked him 5 times but he’s got eyes in the back of his head.” Indeed, no QB last year had a lower rate of sacks when pressured than Dungey. Dude’s a magician.
No. Troy Nunes is a magician.

Dungey is a cross between a ninja, a Viking, and some mytimhical creature involving ninja Vikings who are also lava dinosaur bears.

Now your being honest. You would prefer TD to start over Dungey. Dino has made the decision about that and he has Dungey starting as of now. You should support his decision and The current starter, who is a great QB and is leading the Orange to a breakout season.

I do support his decision ... again let me state this clearly .. Tua is more valuable to Bama than Dungey is to SU ... good grief ... and you think I have a reading comprehension problem?

I do support his decision ... again let me state this clearly .. Tua is more valuable to Bama than Dungey is to SU ... good grief ... and you think I have a reading comprehension problem?
Everybody’s entitled to their opinion and I respect it, but, I couldn’t disagree more about who’s more valuable to their team.

I mean, Jalen Hurts is the backup. Bama’s gonna Bama with either QB.

Yes, Tommy performed against FSU and has a world of potential, but he’s nowhere near as proven. Furthermore, the depth at Bama is significantly stronger, so I have trouble thinking that any individual strong player for them holds as much value as it does for us.

Nancy got in the way
It was a real kick - that and Ray Rice.

We *could* have had a surprising amount of talent on those GRob teams.

+Mike Williams would have been a legit combo. I have no doubt that Greg would have wasted it, but still...

Everybody’s entitled to their opinion and I respect it, but, I couldn’t disagree more about who’s more valuable to their team.

I mean, Jalen Hurts is the backup. Bama’s gonna Bama with either QB.

Yes, Tommy performed against FSU and has a world of potential, but he’s nowhere near as proven. Furthermore, the depth at Bama is significantly stronger, so I have trouble thinking that any individual strong player for them holds as much value as it does for us.

Have to agree that with hurts as the bsckup that ED is more valuable. Tua gives Bama another gear. A gear they haven't seen in decades! Most Bama qbs have been game managers. He will get the ball to those talented receivers and get Bama in the right play. It's scary, he gives Bama ANOTHER gear...

Yup, ED and Tebow compared ends with the team's Tebow played with. I love ED and wanted him to have a mention in the heisman running this year. That said, if you are a heisman consideration, you have some big time talent and production at the skill positions. We are talking about ED and the heisman in a year our wrs are going through the biggest transition in maybe 20 years. And, though the first 5 games, none have stepped up in a big way and our running game is still pedestrian.

As for Tua and Bama; he makes Bama not only the front runner for the NC, but its a matter of who can stay close. Bama normally has game managers at qb. Tua is not a manager but is so special that he might make bama one of the most dominant teams of all time.

The heisman is the player of the year. The college game doesn't have a MVP award. If it did ED would be in the conversation. As for the heisman, he isn't.

Have to agree that with hurts as the bsckup that ED is more valuable. Tua gives Bama another gear. A gear they haven't seen in decades! Most Bama qbs have been game managers. He will get the ball to those talented receivers and get Bama in the right play. It's scary, he gives Bama ANOTHER gear...
Bama has not played a good team yet.

Bama has not played a good team yet.

Very good point. The SEC gets so much respect and leeway with OOC scheduling bc most assume the tough conference schedule. They still have LSU and auburn i believe.

Very good point. The SEC gets so much respect and leeway with OOC scheduling bc most assume the tough conference schedule. They still have LSU and auburn i believe.
Mizzou might have a little something. LSU and Auburn are really the only 2 teams that could give them a problem. A loss to either of them would derail their season and Tua.

Mizzou might have a little something. LSU and Auburn are really the only 2 teams that could give them a problem. A loss to either of them would derail their season and Tua.

True, but auburn might have the best shot. I love LSU but not sold on their qb. They can't play a rock fight anymore like most previous matchups with Tua at the helm.

True, but auburn might have the best shot. I love LSU but not sold on their qb. They can't play a rock fight anymore like most previous matchups with Tua at the helm.

Burrows is better though than what they have had in recent years. They are really solid everywere else too.

Unlikely. They make the playoff anyways. I think Tua is the runaway winner as we speak.

Unlikely. They make the playoff anyways. I think Tua is the runaway winner as we speak.
Time will tell. They don't give out trophies after a third of a season.

There's a player on your team that a national sportswriter says is in the running for heisman and you are poking holes in his game? Most fan bases would be poking holes in the competition's game.

Time will tell. They don't give out trophies after a third of a season.

No they don't but the media has him on top for a reason ... he has yet to throw a pick ... and his completion percentage is bordering on other worldly ... honestly you should consider watching a game or two before forming an opinion ... now can we kill this thread? Dungey is not a Heisman candidate the talk is foolish and after losing to an awful Pitt team this topic is dead. Shouldn't you be working on your Louisville is going to beat Clemson prediction? After all that Wake prediction was so spot on ...

No they don't but the media has him on top for a reason ... he has yet to throw a pick ... and his completion percentage is bordering on other worldly ... honestly you should consider watching a game or two before forming an opinion ... now can we kill this thread? Dungey is not a Heisman candidate the talk is foolish and after losing to an awful Pitt team this topic is dead. Shouldn't you be working on your Louisville is going to beat Clemson prediction? After all that Wake prediction was so spot on ...
At this point, you don't have to worry about anybody hyping this team up. And that should make you happy, I assume.

Some of you are so incredibly negative in this thread. You must wake up and scream at yourself in the mirror. The season is not lost.

At this point, you don't have to worry about anybody hyping this team up. And that should make you happy, I assume.

Way to twist things ... I am all for this TEAM getting hyped ... again I must watch far more football then you because I don't spend time on this board making absurd assertions based on emotion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom