ESPN post game | Syracusefan.com

ESPN post game

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBU72

All Conference
I agree that Pitino is a good/great coach but ESPN almost elected him pope last night during the post game. Seems they forgot his little indiscretion a couple years back. And Katz showed his graditude for his air time by piling it on even more.

ESPN ran a post game segment with Pitino? Who knew . . . . ?

I agree that Pitino is a good/great coach but ESPN almost elected him pope last night during the post game. Seems they forgot his little indiscretion a couple years back. And Katz showed his graditude for his air time by piling it on even more.

That "indiscretion" was nothing, in fact he came out of that looking like a hero to celebrities everywhere for not falling for extortion. Newsflash, it's possible to cheat on your wife and be a great coach. It has nothing to do with the school or his accomplishments on the court. Bringing this up is a desperate move. I'm not gonna say I wish he was our coach because I like JB, but if JB were to retire I would be beyond excited to have Ricky P on our bench.

That "indiscretion" was nothing, in fact he came out of that looking like a hero to celebrities everywhere for not falling for extortion. Newsflash, it's possible to cheat on your wife and be a great coach. It has nothing to do with the school or his accomplishments on the court. Bringing this up is a desperate move. I'm not gonna say I wish he was our coach because I like JB, but if JB were to retire I would be beyond excited to have Ricky P on our bench.

No scruples whatsoever...

So, just because he was honest about whoring around, he is now somehow completely exonerated? He is the leader to young people who need a good moral example, & he FAILED. He should have stepped down or been removed. If he wants to be a coach & be a ho at the same time, go to the NBA & live it up. There is NO PLACE in educational institutions for this type of behavior.

So, just because he was honest about whoring around, he is now somehow completely exonerated? He is the leader to young people who need a good moral example, & he FAILED. He should have stepped down or been removed. If he wants to be a coach & be a ho at the same time, go to the NBA & live it up. There is NO PLACE in educational institutions for this type of behavior.
We don't want to go down that road. We do not have clean hands.

An "Indiscretion"? "Cheating on his wife"? You make it sound like a classy affair between sophisticated adults at the Ritz hotel.

This was bending some trollop over a table in a restaurant in the middle of the day after a few drinks without a lot of foreplay.

This is more like the mating of a couple of neighborhood mutts in the backyard before leash laws than an "indiscretion". I mean, really, who behaves like that?

:rolleyes:

Bernie Fine committed the crime, & he paid with his job. His loss became our loss, as it should have been with Rick Pitino & the Louisville faithful...

An "Indiscretion"? "Cheating on his wife"? You make it sound like a classy affair between sophisticated adults at the Ritz hotel.

This was bending some trollop over a table in a restaurant in the middle of the day after a few drinks without a lot of foreplay.

This is more like the mating of a couple of neighborhood mutts in the backyard before leash laws than an "indiscretion". I mean, really, who behaves like that?
There aren't many saints in the coaching profession. Newsflash, we don't have one. Pitino is not a good man. He is a great coach.

Bernie Fine committed the crime, & he paid with his job. His loss became our loss, as it should have been with Rick Pitino & the Louisville faithful...
I wasn't talking about fine. You have no idea about the history of our coachs. Let it alone.

I guess there's degrees of hand dirtiness.

This was not some dalliance, some brief classy affair with someone on the university staff.

It puts me in mind of that song, "Why don't We Get Drunk and Screw" Really low class.

What does one have to do with the other ? I don't follow su hoops because I think Jim Boeheim is a good person in his community or because he goes to church. If we have someone as good as Rick pitimo as our next coach, I'll be very happy. Stop moralizing.its entertainment.

Guys can we let this go? What does any of this serve us? Pitino is a great coach. If we start sending our wives to his basketball camp then it's time to worry about this other stuff, until then who cares.

There aren't many saints in the coaching profession. Newsflash, we don't have one. Pitino is not a good man. He is a great coach.

This is exactly why our world is messed up. The pat answer is, "Well, we don't want saints, we need coaches."

How disgusting is that. In an institution of higher learning, we should not be rewarding lower learning. Rick Pitino is not a good coach. He either recruits great players like his Wildcat days, or he uses cheating tactics in a lax officiating league to win.

I wonder how many women would take other cheating husbands lightly if they are the average Joe who doesn't make millions of dollars & coach a highly visible college ball program?

This celebrity worship is a sickening flaw in our character as a species...

George O'Leary had some wrong info on his resume and was judged not moral enough to be the ND coach. If they checked resumes in this country for 100% veracity or accuracy, there would be a whole lot of unexpected turnover in jobs.

Pitino's actions were much more base than that. I'm not suggesting sainthood as a requirement but the guy's low class.

And although the SU basketball faithful might scream bloody murder, Pitino would never be hired by SU. Too many people on the Hill would turn their noses up at the prospect.

This is exactly why our world is messed up. The pat answer is, "Well, we don't want saints, we need coaches."

How disgusting is that. In an institution of higher learning, we should not be rewarding lower learning. Rick Pitino is not a good coach. He either recruits great players like his Wildcat days, or he uses cheating tactics in a lax officiating league to win.

I wonder how many women would take other cheating husbands lightly if they are the average Joe who doesn't make millions of dollars & coach a highly visible college ball program?

This celebrity worship is a sickening flaw in our character as a species...
Every guy on your side isn't a saint and every guy on the other side isn't a sinner. Once again, Pitino took over a loser in Providence. No talent. And took them to the final four. Jb has never done anything like Pitino did with P.C.. And in the case of fidelity, we would be the pot calling the kettle black. Leave it alone. And while you are leaving it alone, grow up.

George O'Leary had some wrong info on his resume and was judged not moral enough to be the ND coach. If they checked resumes in this country for 100% veracity or accuracy, there would be a whole lot of unexpected turnover in jobs.

Pitino's actions were much more base than that. I'm not suggesting sainthood as a requirement but the guy's low class.

And although the SU basketball faithful might scream bloody murder, Pitino would never be hired by SU. Too many people on the Hill would turn their noses up at the prospect.
Yes, lying on your resume is much worse than letting a kid get killed by your indifference to their safety.

Guys can we let this go? What does any of this serve us? Pitino is a great coach. If we start sending our wives to his basketball camp then it's time to worry about this other stuff, until then who cares.

You never stop, because everything he does is a reflection of this particular character flaw that cannot be excused.

Ricky has a Machiavellian approach to life, & that is not something we should allow, especially when he is setting an example for our kids.

Cheat on your wife, NO PROBLEM. Just admit it, so the press will brand you an honest man, worthy of respect.

Cheat on the court, NO PROBLEM. Let the media call you a genius for beating the second winningest coach of all time with your masterful use of "aggressive defense."

Maybe some of you on here have been conditioned by society to disable your moral compass, but we are all witnessing the result of such depravity in every aspect of civilization.

Your President cheats on his wife with an intern IN the most influential room the world has ever known. NO PROBLEM. Just say it has nothing to do with his ability to properly govern, & we have no business questioning his private life. Let's NOT consider the fact he could have also committed this indiscretion with a foreign agent, compromising our national security...

NO PROBLEM...

Ever notice that coaches who are friendly and available to the media are built up while others who are antagonistic and a general pain the ass are either ignored or ridiculed? Both Pitino, Crean, etc. court the national media attention and it pays off for them. Hop will be very good in changing that...eventually.

Pitino's sin in that interview was playing into the story line about the tragedy that the "End of the Big East" represented.

Pitino was in Big East decades ago and has been in for the last few years. He missed most of it. But was glad to act like his uncle had just died. The guy is really, really scuzzy.

You never stop, because everything he does is a reflection of this particular character flaw that cannot be excused.

Ricky has a Machiavellian approach to life, & that is not something we should allow, especially when he is setting an example for our kids.

Cheat on your wife, NO PROBLEM. Just admit it, so the press will brand you an honest man, worthy of respect.

Cheat on the court, NO PROBLEM. Let the media call you a genius for beating the second winningest coach of all time with your masterful use of "aggressive defense."

Maybe some of you on here have been conditioned by society to disable your moral compass, but we are all witnessing the result of such depravity in every aspect of civilization.

Your President cheats on his wife with an intern IN the most influential room the world has ever known. NO PROBLEM. Just say it has nothing to do with his ability to properly govern, & we have no business questioning his private life. Let's NOT consider the fact he could have also committed this indiscretion with a foreign agent, compromising our national security...

NO PROBLEM...
Wow. All of this from a thread about a basketball coach being praised too much in a post-game conference.

Every guy on your side isn't a saint and every guy on the other side isn't a sinner. Once again, Pitino took over a loser in Providence. No talent. And took them to the final four. Jb has never done anything like Pitino did with P.C.. And in the case of fidelity, we would be the pot calling the kettle black. Leave it alone. And while you are leaving it alone, grow up.

Grow up?

I think its the cheating scum bag that needs to grow up...

NO PROBLEM...

People have become desensitized.

For example, "We are going to cover 15 million more people in he healthcare system and it's not going to cost a dime."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom