ESPN reports that MD Board unanimously approves B10 move | Syracusefan.com

ESPN reports that MD Board unanimously approves B10 move

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
sorry, just saw it was mentioned in another md thread.

Not good, but by last night the handwriting was on the wall. Now we see if Swofford and ND were successful last night in holding the forces of self-destruction within the ACC at bay. Some speculation on the NCState boards indicate that the ACC may soon be a 10-team league. We'll see.

Not good, but by last night the handwriting was on the wall. Now we see if Swofford and ND were successful last night in holding the forces of self-destruction within the ACC at bay. Some speculation on the NCState boards indicate that the ACC may soon be a 10-team league. We'll see.

round robin play, i like it.

So what happens now?

Rutgers to the B1G?
Louisville to the ACC?
FSU & Clemson to ???
Nothing?

I'd love to see PSU and ND to the ACC. But that ain't happening. And SU ain't going to the B1G. Soo...

Who goes where?

So what happens now?

Rutgers to the B1G?
Louisville to the ACC?
FSU & Clemson to ???
Nothing?

I'd love to see PSU and ND to the ACC. But that ain't happening. And SU ain't going to the B1G. Soo...

Texas, TT and ND to ACC. ESPN backs up the money dump truck, and puts an end to all this BS realignment.

I was looking forward to playing MD. I still do not see how this puts $5 million a year in Michigan's pocket. I now hope cable companies go ala carte so the BTN fails.

Official announcement at 3pm.

Reach out to PSU first.

If not them, bring in LVille and UConn.

I'll gladly trade Maryland for ND, LVille and / or UConn.

Just gotta let this play out. Don't think for one minute Swofford hasn't done scenario planning (he's no Marinetto thankfully) - he's been pretty good so far. Let the music play for now...

ESPN also saying rutgirls will be announced tomorrow.

We are in trouble because it isn't stopping at 14 we are going to see 4 16 team conferences. I think the SEC goes after FSU and Clemson and grabs the best available football schools. The B1G will go after Texas and ND both will decline and that means going after the best available ACC schools for the BTN they will likely pursue Ga. Tech and UNC both in good markets for the BTN and tweak the SEC with the moves. The ACC may have to merge with the Big XII for survival to be honest.

Reach out to PSU first.

Root for USC this weekend.
The "easy" solution is for UND to go all-in when their current NBC contract ends.

Heck, consider some way for them to continue with NBC, as long as conference game TV revenues are split. It could even be a sliding scale sort of thing where at the end of that contract everything is even.

Just gotta let this play out. Don't think for one minute Swofford hasn't done scenario planning (he's no Marinetto thankfully) - he's been pretty good so far. Let the music play for now...

I'm hoping he does have a plan and already knew about this. The paranoid part of me has him making sure North Carolina isn't left standing alone.

I'm pissed. I'm about to relocate from Boston to DC. I was looking forward to catching the Orange at UMD knowing that I will miss them at BC and Georgetown in the future. Now, well - looks like I'll have to road trip to Charlottesville. Thanks a ton UMD Terds. BTW - I am getting extremely tired of what college sports is turning into. I would be shocked if UMD students and alums embrace this move.

sorry, just saw it was mentioned in another md thread.

Yuck, yuck, yuck.

I never use the word "hate," but I really do not like MD.

I wish that school nothing but utter failure in every respect.

Rutgers has an excuse. Maryland really doesn't - at least in my opinion.

Gonna be an interesting next few weeks, hopefully things work out in the ACC, this is the last thing we need with the football team finally getting things on the right track.

I'm pissed. I'm about to relocate from Boston to DC. I was looking forward to catching the Orange at UMD knowing that I will miss them at BC and Georgetown in the future. Now, well - looks like I'll have to road trip to Charlottesville. Thanks a ton UMD Terds. BTW - I am getting extremely tired of what college sports is turning into. I would be shocked if UMD students and alums embrace this move.

I agree completely.

Reach out to PSU first.

Only Penn State would make me feel better.

I don't want Louisville or UConn.

if BIG sees the options of other ACC schools, why do they announce RU tomorrow then?

I was looking forward to playing MD. I still do not see how this puts $5 million a year in Michigan's pocket. I now hope cable companies go ala carte so the BTN fails.

Me too.

I wish nothing but utter failure for the Big Ten.

Delaney has become a meglomaniac.

I don't know anybody who is happy with this latest move.

fluck uconn and lville. you don't make a move out of panic. the tv contract is signed. The ACC has options AND ND is a partial.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom