Et tu, Brute? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Et tu, Brute?

Since we're talking about big time hypocrites, how about Pitino? Feigned disgust about teams leaving the conference for the almighty dollar. Um...Providence...Kentucky... why did YOU leave? Those two deserve each other. On a positive note, it makes me happy that JT thinks we administered the fatal stabs. It feels so good.

Not only that but Pitino was crucifying us and pitt while his President was trying to get lville into the acc.

I'm sure a third party could interpret the documentary as "Syracuse joined a basketball only conference and then made that conference bend over backwards to accomodate its football program, which it did, then they bailed and nuked the whole thing anyway."

This is of course very primitive. I do question why they went into the sneaker deals and the coach's shoe deals and stuff, like 100% of all other schools, even low major schools, don't have shoe deals. That was a completely irrelevant aside to drive the greed narrative. It also didn't discuss ND's role in the collapse.

My take away is that I am shocked that even with 20/20 hindsight, the Georgetown AD could look so incredibly small minded. Talk about the very opposite of the Gavitt visionary type!! You can almost picture the scene on the death star: GTown AD in a hooded cloak sitting in the chair, JT2 towering over him, and Gavitt saying "Your lack of vision will be your undoing!"
I agree. He was so prideful in relaying that he didn't want "our football problems to become his problems..." Being associated with big-time two-sport schools is a positive, not a negative! It is hilarious that he still doesn't get it.

He had no shame at all about going for his own money, and he made sure that got across. But he cries and plays the victim when schools look out for their own best financial interests.

And why does he care anyway? He retired...well, I can't remember, since he pretty much quit recruiting and let his program fall apart. When did he retire? 1993? 1998? 2000? Who cares. He's done and has no stake in any of this.

As a 25 year old 'Cuse fan I grew up hating John Thompson but not knowing much about him. Last night helped put everything in perspective. Although he's an insufferable D, he was absolutely vital to the conference. We needed a villian; we needed someone to be a villain who WANTED to be the villain.

I hate Thompson; but I respect what he did for the conference. He and JB were a match made heaven for must see TV.

I'm still blown away by the Ewing choke. I had never seen that before; it was like two gigantic pipe wrenches wrapped around that dude's neck and it was FAST!!

What did everyone think of John Thompsons use of that phrase? A phrase used to depict betrayal by a close friend.

"You too, Brutus?"

And JTIII said something like "Too bad they are taking the money and headed to tobacco road" or we could continue the rivalry. It has taken exactly 1 year, 1 year to prove out why SU had to do it for the sake of their athletics program, and how Georgetown was the beneficiary as a hanger on for years. F the Hoyas. Surprised JB or someone else didn't interject that SU has a pretty respectable football tradition to protect too, that seemed to be glossed over by all the righteously indignant.

To his credit, JB did pounce on the reporter in the presser when asked why they had to leave, ending the rivalry. "You're smarter than that, this is all about football."

And JTIII said something like "Too bad they are taking the money and headed to tobacco road" or we could continue the rivalry. It has taken exactly 1 year, 1 year to prove out why SU had to do it for the sake of their athletics program, and how Georgetown was the beneficiary as a hanger on for years. F the Hoyas. Surprised JB or someone else didn't interject that SU has a pretty respectable football tradition to protect too, that seemed to be glossed over by all the righteously indignant.

To his credit, JB did pounce on the reporter in the presser when asked why they had to leave, ending the rivalry. "You're smarter than that, this is all about football."

The contract to continue the series awaits a signature from Georgetown...however, unless the terms are sufficiently beneficial to Georgetown they won't sign. They do feel very comfortable - after pushing vigorously for their own selfish interests for thirty years - condemning and criticizing others that do the same.

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate Georetown anymore, but watching the hypocritical views by their AD and JT, I actually do hate them more. Pathetic university run by people totally lacking in any moral center.

I agree. He was so prideful in relaying that he didn't want "our football problems to become his problems..." Being associated with big-time two-sport schools is a positive, not a negative! It is hilarious that he still doesn't get it.

That GTown AD comes off as a short-sighted fool.

Well, ultimately, Syracuse's football problems became his problems in the worst, most damaging possible way for his program. So good job.

he quit so we could continue to invest in slot machines
He had no shame at all about going for his own money, and he made sure that got across. But he cries and plays the victim when schools look out for their own best financial interests.

And why does he care anyway? He retired...well, I can't remember, since he pretty much quit recruiting and let his program fall apart. When did he retire? 1993? 1998? 2000? Who cares. He's done and has no stake in any of this.
he quit so he could continue to invest in slot machines. Making money was more important to him than educating young disadvantaged African Americans

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom