Evening Huddle with Dino | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Evening Huddle with Dino

I'm in NO position to judge, but here goes anyway. Matt Park was not immune from the covid weight gain bug.

I wish they would develop a vaccine for that.

Yikes looks like me after a year of eating at Kimmel 2 times a day 7 days a week. The drinking didnt help either. Bunch of draft beer and Sbarro, can't imagine why I was 30 pounds heavier in college than I am 25 years later.

The bloat is real

Last edited:
I'm in NO position to judge, but here goes anyway. Matt Park was not immune from the covid weight gain bug.

I wish they would develop a vaccine for that.

When I see you jogging, I assume it's to the custard stand?

We should have enough experienced players to compete this year.

I've said I hope only one true freshman plays this year (Duce, who is probably both ready and needed).

The rest should redshirt, which will really help down the road.

Plus that means we'll only have 1 loss this year.
Dammit it means we better lose to Albany early and build momentum to the playoff...

Yikes looks like me after a year of eating at Kimmel 2 times a day 7 days a week. The drinking didnt help either. Bunch of draft beer and Sbarro, can't imagine why I was 30 pounds heavier in college than I am 25 years later.

The bloat is real
Huddle House with Dino?

First to the bar next door to the custard stand. Then to the custard stand. Then Uber home (because that part is uphill).
Speaking of drinking...I heard NY is thinking about lowering DUI to .05 it used to be .10 when I was younger.
I don't condone drunk driving but you could have one beer and blow .05
Chip not what you are thinking.

Never heard of a team doing this. I guess it's motivating?...

“We had our leaders draft the team like in the NFL,” in front of the whole team added the head coach. Dino elaborated that when his friends played sports all year round, he may have been a first round football player but a third round baseball player, and while you know you can’t be the best at everything, the perception you give off to your peers is incredibly important. Many players who were picked in the 7th round were not happy with “choice words” when walking up to accept the selection.

“We put a light on it,” said Babers. “Now go out and show us what you are,” was the charge issued to the entire team.
That’s a great idea.

Thought it was decently candid by P5 HC standard. Liked what he said about the OL and RB rooms. I think we’ll be better and surprise some people.

Hope he can win this year. He’s a likable guy.
I like DB. I really want him to be successful. Early in his tenure o was decent but the wheels have come off the bus the last two years. Not sure it’s Oline, qb, wr or all three. Really hope he gets it going in the right direction. I will say that he is doing what he can with the coaching changes. Hopefully he got the right pieces.

The best thing I can say about Dino is that he's trying to make the changes each year to improve team. Brought Sterlin in last year, Schmidt this year. Tony White was a HR hire. Getting transfers in key spots. He's not resting.

it should be
I'm with you on this. Nobody likes to be picked last in gym class. Either you pout and whine about it or you get motivated and do all you can to never be picked last again.
The whiners won't last long on the team.

"For every freshman you have on offense and defense its gonna cost you A loss" I think some of you misinterpret that. He's just basically saying the more youth and lack of experience on the field causes you to lose a game that you could have or should have won.

"For every freshman you have on offense and defense its gonna cost you A loss" I think some of you misinterpret that. He's just basically saying the more youth and lack of experience on the field causes you to lose a game that you could have or should have won.

Yep, I think Jersey Orange said something similar here a couple years ago.

Don’t want to hear about “every freshman is an L”, Dino’s been here several years and has had time to recruit and form depth with quality players. We should not perpetually be the youngest team. That’s my only issue. Loved the rest if the recap.

Especially when freshmen have been some of our best players in recent seasons.

Doesn't mean anything if we are not keeping those freshmen's in the program and if they are not developing into solid contributors as 4th or 5th year players.
Thankfully unlike basketball we have not really lost starters to transfer except for the two six year seniors. Most of the transfer were players that had not cracked the two deep. It would be nice not to have any transfer but that is now the nature of the beast.

Thankfully unlike basketball we have not really lost starters to transfer except for the two six year seniors. Most of the transfer were players that had not cracked the two deep. It would be nice not to have any transfer but that is now the nature of the beast.
Absolutely. I agree. I just dont want to be having the same conversation two years from now. How we love the freshman starters. We have a chance at consecutive winning seasons if these current freshmans develop and are killin it as juniors.

Doesn't mean anything if we are not keeping those freshmen's in the program and if they are not developing into solid contributors as 4th or 5th year players.
I don't think its likely these days for any program to have a freshmen starter and have him play through 4 or 5 years. Those players are typically talented and are usually going to be gone after putting out 3 years of tape at the college level. But that shouldn't matter. A program should have someone ready to step into each position when you essentially recruit one player for every position every year and most positions have 2 or more players in each class that can fill a spot. Fore example at DE, WR, CB, Safety etc you should have multiple guys in each class that could fit the bill. If you don't have someone that is not a freshman, that is talented enough to step in then you are likely missing on quite a few kids. The exception being when we recruit someone who is just heads and shoulders above the others talent wise and they are ready as freshman. But there is something to be said for being able to tell recruits if you come in as a freshman talented enough and ready to play you could see the field freshman year as a starter. That could be a good selling point to getting higher end talent. So you can have a couple here or there that make sense but the majority of your starters should be upper classmen or else your not likely to have a solid record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom