Evening Huddle with Dino | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Evening Huddle with Dino

Most of those strategies are counters to the other team bringing extra bodies (5-6 rushers) and our problem is we were getting jailbreaked with only 3-4 coming.

I will say though that our (lack of) use of roll outs was maddening. Dino gave some terrible excuse like he can’t afford to cut the field in half when it was obvious that was a better choice than giving whatever QB <2 secs to throw. Zone read would also help but our QB was severly hurt >50% of the snaps he was playing (look how well he ran vs WMU when he was healthy)
Yes, I asked him about rolling out on his show and when they did it a few times, it had some success. But that was his response.

Listen, Tommy has always looked better in practice. This is a known fact.

His biggest knock in recruiting was if he could take what he was doing on the practice field and put it into the game.

We have yet to see that. We have seen a few glimpses of it during a game but nothing for a full game.

However, the one part I really liked to hear in that interview is that Tommy’s happy feet have disappeared or gone down considerably. This implies to me two things….

1) The line is doing much better and is giving him a pocket on a regular basis. He has begun to feel comfortable behind the dudes blocking him, this is. GREAT for Tommy.

2) They have been working with him on his anxiety when he’s in the backfield. Working on ways to calm him down, not get nervous and really see the field.

Hoping to see vast improvements in TD’s game this fall

To me, this shouldn't even "be" a thing. If they rush you every single play, call a draw, call a slant, slip a tight end over the middle - SOMETHING, for chrissakes. Football is chess. If they try to force the action, then you have to do something to counter the attack. It's jiu jitsu; use their momentum against them.
I have been saying this since dungeon left. What happen to quick throws like when erv was here or Ny two years ago. Pisses me off and is no different than throwing screens to slow down blitzes. it’s really not rocket science.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom