Everyone head over to Rutgersfan.com and enjoy the meltdown. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Everyone head over to Rutgersfan.com and enjoy the meltdown.

There in big big trouble. Defense loses a ton and there offense outside of Coleman is pretty much below average. No TE's and there 5 star RB is a complete bust and didnt get one carry last night.

I think both Coleman and Logan Ryan will go pro to.

Once Khaseem Greene leaves that D will be completely exposed. They would have been a disaster this year without him.
But ... but he was only a 2 star recruit ... they can't go pro ...

In all honesty Greene was a beast ... he could flat out play.

One Rutgers fan got it right:

Not really... RU was 7-0 against a cupcake schedule ... beating FBS cellar dewellers and a down 4-8 Arkansas team this year.
Going 2-3 in the last 5 games speaks volumes.
Our record after seven games was misleading.

I could respect Rutgers if they played BCS competition. I will respect Rutgers if they win, or place, in the B1G. However, their OOC schedule really is a joke.

They followed Beamers/VPI's plan and it has reached its zenith, just like VPI.

8231803519_3e50fc295c_b.jpg

One Rutgers fan got it right:

Not really... RU was 7-0 against a cupcake schedule ... beating FBS cellar dewellers and a down 4-8 Arkansas team this year.
Going 2-3 in the last 5 games speaks volumes.
Our record after seven games was misleading.

I could respect Rutgers if they played BCS competition. I will respect Rutgers if they win, or place, in the B1G. However, their OOC schedule really is a joke.

They followed Beamers/VPI's plan and it has reached its zenith, just like VPI.

not defending VT but they did reach a higher plateau than Rutgers ever will.

How would that guy know VPI was in the title game? He's only followed college football since 2006.

I agree, VPI did plateau higher. I was referring to the principle that the soft SOS worked against them when it came to playing Big Boys. Rutgers just peaked much sooner and at a lower level.

I agree, VPI did plateau higher. I was referring to the principle that the soft SOS worked against them when it came to playing Big Boys. Rutgers just peaked much sooner and at a lower level.

And again historically VPI had higher SOSes than RU ... apples and oranges ... the BE was a much better conference when VPI peaked ... enough so they made the title game.

2 points

1. Indiana won a national championship in the modern area . . . So they aren't quite the new Indiana.

2. It's not quite the same old rutgers . . . Yes they lost, but the same old rutgers would have been blown out.

Good news, bad news

And again historically VPI had higher SOSes than RU ... apples and oranges ... the BE was a much better conference when VPI peaked ... enough so they made the title game.

You are arguing the same side of the coin as I am. My original post recognized that one Rutgers poster got it right. I added a comment,

"They followed Beamers/VPI's plan and it has reached its zenith, just like VPI."

I was just pointing out that Beamer built VPI with soft schedules. I agree, the original Big East teams were a better, stronger group. I wish I had the link, but someone researched the historical SOS of the BCS level teams and it showed VPI was very low, but Rutgers was even lower. Both schools were part of the reason that only 1 FCS level game can count towards bowl eligibility.

My favorite thread over there is the one where they are mad over the fact that the Cardinal players were pumped up about the game and chanting. They are in for a rude awakening if what Louisville did was aggravating them.

You are arguing the same side of the coin as I am. My original post recognized that one Rutgers poster got it right. I added a comment,

"They followed Beamers/VPI's plan and it has reached its zenith, just like VPI."

I was just pointing out that Beamer built VPI with soft schedules. I agree, the original Big East teams were a better, stronger group. I wish I had the link, but someone researched the historical SOS of the BCS level teams and it showed VPI was very low, but Rutgers was even lower. Both schools were part of the reason that only 1 FCS level game can count towards bowl eligibility.

I was the one that posted the SOSs ... hence why I know. VPI was never close to triple digits like RU. I don't think VPI planned their schedule they way it played out ... I just don't think they had as many juicy scheduling options ... heck even now there are MAC programs (like a Toledo) that provide a stiff and somehow end up with a good SOS and BCS ranking ... see Kent St. A win over Kent St, Toledo or Ohio 15 years ago isn't the same as it is today, which means you had less options for your OOC to boost your overall profile.

2 points

1. Indiana won a national championship in the modern area . . . So they aren't quite the new Indiana.

2. It's not quite the same old rutgers . . . Yes they lost, but the same old rutgers would have been blown out.

Good news, bad news

When did Indiana win a national championship? Unless you're talking about basketball...

My favorite thread over there is the one where they are mad over the fact that the Cardinal players were pumped up about the game and chanting. They are in for a rude awakening if what Louisville did was aggravating them.
They have a right to be mad. Players should be sitting there quietly, especially on the road. They were showing up the Rutgers fans and they were having too much fun. They deserve penalties like Miami got from celebrating back in the 90s.

They have a right to be mad. Players should be sitting there quietly, especially on the road. They were showing up the Rutgers fans and they were having too much fun. They deserve penalties like Miami got from celebrating back in the 90s.

I forget about the fun restriction law in Piscataway, my sincerest apologies.

Late 90's Big East was better that the 2006 - now Big East, but in 1999 it was a little down. First year of post McNabb at SU and Miami hadn't fully recovered from NCAA probation. VT also needed some help nationally. They were at #3 in the mid October BCS behind FSU and PSU. Penn St. lost then Tennessee jumped ahead of VT. Only after Tennessee lost did VT settle into that #2 spot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_NCAA_Division_I-A_football_rankings

Late 90's Big East was better that the 2006 - now Big East, but in 1999 it was a little down. First year of post McNabb at SU and Miami hadn't fully recovered from NCAA probation. VT also needed some help nationally. They were at #3 in the mid October BCS behind FSU and PSU. Penn St. lost then Tennessee jumped ahead of VT. Only after Tennessee lost did VT settle into that #2 spot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_NCAA_Division_I-A_football_rankings

And again the point is if RU or UL runs the table they still wouldn't make it over a plethora of 1 loss clubs. There is no way they get in ahead of Bama, UF, Oregon and .. (insert any other 1 loss big boy school here). A two loss BE champ doesn't even make the top 25 BCS ... how many other 2 loss teams are in the top 25? Its over a dozen ... some even have 3 and 4 losses .. Utah St has 2 loses and made it ... RU is a mile behind VPI just based on our conference strength alone.

And again the point is if RU or UL runs the table they still wouldn't make it over a plethora of 1 loss clubs. There is no way they get in ahead of Bama, UF, Oregon and .. (insert any other 1 loss big boy school here). A two loss BE champ doesn't even make the top 25 BCS ... how many other 2 loss teams are in the top 25? Its over a dozen ... some even have 3 and 4 losses .. Utah St has 2 loses and made it ... RU is a mile behind VPI just based on our conference strength alone.

One last shot: My comment wasn't about Rutgers outperforming VPI. It was about Rutgers using the same plan to get as far as they have gotten.

I also commented that VPI fizzled when playing big boys because they weren't ready to play big boys. Beating up panzies makes you a bully, not a champion. VPI fizzled against FSU in the Championship game, adding proof to my point.

Schiano copied Beamer's plan of scheduling panzies. We agree that VPI still had the better SOS, but the basic plan was still the same. We also agree that Rutgers plateaued MUCH lower than VPI. Nothing more was insinuated, implied or stated. VPI is the better team and Beamer the better coach.

The scheduling done by Beamer and Schiano caps a team's ability to actually go all the way. Flood has already stated he will seek tougher opponents, that indicates he agrees at least somewhat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom