Everyone head over to Rutgersfan.com and enjoy the meltdown. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Everyone head over to Rutgersfan.com and enjoy the meltdown.

One last shot: My comment wasn't about Rutgers outperforming VPI. It was about Rutgers using the same plan to get as far as they have gotten.

I also commented that VPI fizzled when playing big boys because they weren't ready to play big boys. Beating up panzies makes you a bully, not a champion. VPI fizzled against FSU in the Championship game, adding proof to my point.

Schiano copied Beamer's plan of scheduling panzies. We agree that VPI still had the better SOS, but the basic plan was still the same. We also agree that Rutgers plateaued MUCH lower than VPI. Nothing more was insinuated, implied or stated. VPI is the better team and Beamer the better coach.

The scheduling done by Beamer and Schiano caps a team's ability to actually go all the way. Flood has already stated he will seek tougher opponents, that indicates he agrees at least somewhat.

Ugh again in 99 when they went to the title game they played a ranked UVA, Clemson and UAB in OCC ... that was back when UAB was a good C-USA team .. plus their annual James Madison game ... when Rutgers plays a ranked opponent OOC call me. Its the same argument with the SEC if your in conference schedule is tough enough don't go overboard OOC ... again a team in the BE does not have that luxury ... I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept. And yep they lost by 17 to an undefeated FSU ... want to go back and look at how the BE sans WVU has fared against teams in the BCS that weren't even #1 ... i.e. UConn vs OU ... or how about that gem Pitt threw out against Utah? We were happy to lose by a couple scores to SC ... yet you want to bash VT for losing to FSU after they were consensus #1 from start to finish and beat UF and Miami that same year. But its ok ... after the Ville gets boat raced you can preach to me why RU has a schedule that even though their SOS is triple digits and Va Tech in 99 had an SOS in the 50s is comparable ... :bang:

And again the point is if RU or UL runs the table they still wouldn't make it over a plethora of 1 loss clubs. There is no way they get in ahead of Bama, UF, Oregon and .. (insert any other 1 loss big boy school here). A two loss BE champ doesn't even make the top 25 BCS ... how many other 2 loss teams are in the top 25? Its over a dozen ... some even have 3 and 4 losses .. Utah St has 2 loses and made it ... RU is a mile behind VPI just based on our conference strength alone.

Not disagreeing with you about Rutgers. Just saying that the Big East (besides Miami) has always been at a disadvantage in the national title chase. 1999 VT had their season of a generation and still needed some help from Penn St. and Tennessee.

Not disagreeing with you about Rutgers. Just saying that the Big East (besides Miami) has always been at a disadvantage in the national title chase. 1999 VT had their season of a generation and still needed some help from Penn St. and Tennessee.

If SU or VT had taken care of business ... i.e. beaten Miami and won out as Va Tech did they would get their shots ... ultimately my point is even with the BE the way it is now it wouldn't happen. This whole thing makes comparing Va Tech and Rutgers an apples to oranges comparison. I know people here don't like either school (I sure don't) but RU is a lot worse about the scheduling thing than Va Tech was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom