Everyone in off the ledge. | Syracusefan.com

Everyone in off the ledge.

Crusty

Living Legend
The board has gone from despair to euphoria back to despair in two days. Get a grip guys. The sky is not falling. We will be just fine.

We have been down for so long that we seem to take every bump in the road as if it is a major catastrophe. These things are just part of the business of college football.

First of all, the loss of Marrone, while unfortunate, is by no means a catastrophe. Doug is a very smart football mind but he was going trough a learning curve at the head coaching level. He was very good at recognizing talent and developing it and, for the most part, good at game planning. He was however, a work in progress in game management and not a house of fire in recruiting. All in all, a very good coach but someone whose talents are perhaps better suited for the NFL.

People on the outside looking in would be wondering why we are so upset losing Hackett. He has little experience and a short period of success. Even then, his success was with a three year starter at QB - a 2nd or 3rd round NFL draft choice. To be sure, We know that Hackett is developing nicely as a coordinator and has great upside but there are many coaches out there who can do just as good a job.

We are very fortunate to have had an excellent coach on staff who has been here for 4 years and is ready to move up to head coach. Shafer knows what he is doing and will assemble a great staff. It does not matter if we know the names or not - it only matters that they are good.

It was a bummer to lose Zach Allen but let's face it we were all hyped by Trent Dilfer's analysis. There are many things that go into the development of a QB (as we saw with Ryan) and there is no way to know what Zach will become. Charlie Loeb will, in all likelihood, be the QB next year and Hunt will get another year to develop. Hunt is a player and we can't count out Broyld. Assuming Austin Wilson stays committed we are still in good shape. He may be better than Allen.

We are moving to the ACC and will be getting a huge increase in money. The team is deeper than anytime in the last 10 years. The future is Orange.

The board has gone from despair to euphoria back to despair in two days. Get a grip guys. The sky is not falling. We will be just fine.

We have been down for so long that we seem to take every bump in the road as if it is a major catastrophe. These things are just part of the business of college football.

First of all, the loss of Marrone, while unfortunate, is by no means a catastrophe. Doug is a very smart football mind but he was going trough a learning curve at the head coaching level. He was very good at recognizing talent and developing it and, for the most part, good at game planning. He was however, a work in progress in game management and not a house of fire in recruiting. All in all, a very good coach but someone whose talents are perhaps better suited for the NFL.

People on the outside looking in would be wondering why we are so upset losing Hackett. He has little experience and a short period of success. Even then, his success was with a three year starter at QB - a 2nd or 3rd round NFL draft choice. To be sure, We know that Hackett is developing nicely as a coordinator and has great upside but there are many coaches out there who can do just as good a job.

We are very fortunate to have had an excellent coach on staff who has been here for 4 years and is ready to move up to head coach. Shafer knows what he is doing and will assemble a great staff. It does not matter if we know the names or not - it only matters that they are good.

It was a bummer to lose Zach Allen but let's face it we were all hyped by Trent Dilfer's analysis. There are many things that go into the development of a QB (as we saw with Ryan) and there is no way to know what Zach will become. Charlie Loeb will, in all likelihood, be the QB next year and Hunt will get another year to develop. Hunt is a player and we can't count out Broyld. Assuming Austin Wilson stays committed we are still in good shape. He may be better than Allen.

We are moving to the ACC and will be getting a huge increase in money. The team is deeper than anytime in the last 10 years. The future is Orange.

As far as I'm concerned, Zach Allen is a poor man's Troy Nunes type who will hold clipboards for mediocre TCU teams, while we continue our ascension into the power program of the northeast!

Thanks for typing my feelings on the matter Crusty ... I was just to lazy to say what you said ... appreciate it!

Apparently I followed a broken link and ended up on the "Rational Analysis" board instead of the Cuse Football AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! board that I have been reading all week.
Thanks, Crusty.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I must of missed the Euphoria part. I have been drinking and feeling depression over hiring a Defensvie coordinator when after 10 long years we were finally developing an exciting offense. But i will be at the games and hope that somehow i will be fine with trying to win with defense

I always thought it was Loeb's job to lose so things for me don't really change for 2013 and if Hunt and Wilson can be ready for 2014 I think we'll be fine. Hopefully we are in on a very good hs qb for 2014.

I must of missed the Euphoria part. I have been drinking and feeling depression over hiring a Defensvie coordinator when after 10 long years we were finally developing an exciting offense. But i will be at the games and hope that somehow i will be fine with trying to win with defense
And this without knowing who the next OC will be.

And this without knowing who the next OC will be.
I am saying i wanted a big time OC for a head coach and then a young talented QB coach for OC. That formula worked very well for us from my vantage point. The only big time offensive mind that would come here is to be a head coach thats just the way it is

my QB rankings right now:

Loeb
Kinder

Hunt
Wilson (could rise quickly, but nothing to judge)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom