Everyone Wave “Hi!” To UNC | Syracusefan.com

Everyone Wave “Hi!” To UNC

I honestly thought that would be us staring up at all the other ACC teams after getting smacked around by Virginia, Penn State and Oklahoma St. and how inept our team was. Watching college basketball is fun now, but it was scary at the beginning of the season. JB has turned it around it seems.

Yeah, I do feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for any team in that position. The tide can turn quickly. We don’t know where we will end up, and at the end of the day, all these teams’ players and fans are just like us: they want to play well and have a good season. All I can say is thank god one of my best friends, Chapel Hill Bill, is dead cos this would have killed him.

Yeah, I do feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for any team in that position. The tide can turn quickly. We don’t know where we will end up, and at the end of the day, all these teams’ players and fans are just like us: they want to play well and have a good season. All I can say is thank god one of my best friends, Chapel Hill Bill, is dead cos this would have killed him.
I think about what caused our latest round of probation which undoubtedly has contributed to this stagnant bubble culture we’ve experienced the past 5 or so years.

Then I think about what UNC’s gotten away with.

I’m glad they’re in last. I’m not glad that injuries caused it, but nonetheless I do not feel bad for UNC as a program or their fans at all.

I think about what caused our latest round of probation which undoubtedly has contributed to this stagnant bubble culture we’ve experienced the past 5 or so years.

I’m glad they’re in last. I’m not glad that injuries caused it, but nonetheless I do not feel bad for UNC as a program or their fans at all.

I also find the contrast interesting, as to how JB handled the abysmal start, and the way Roy is handling his challenges. Moaning, deflection, whoeisme and self pity are Roy's crutches, JB just went back into the lab and put in work. Glad he's our leader.

ESPN ran an article explaining how they got to this point

We could run a similar timeline with the sanctions, Hop leaving, early departures, bizarre recruiting misses.

Yet, here JB is today, getting this squad to win 3 conference games in a row, showing improvement, providing optimism and not letting them drop to the basement.

Beat ND

Cole Anthony is coming back. I don’t like this thread. They aren’t going to make the tournament but he would make them dangerous.
I doubt they finish in the bottom 3, but I’m enjoying it now.

They’re the definition of a pampered program with favorable treatment from the powers that be.

Good thing their players aren't paying any attention to the written press about their struggles. Being illiterate has a silver lining after all.

Buh bye
Wavingbear.gif

Cole Anthony is coming back. I don’t like this thread. They aren’t going to make the tournament but he would make them dangerous.

They still lost to Virginia by 9 with him and Virginia is not good. They were 6-3 overall. I think they were an NIT team at best WITH him.

Meanwhile UNC has ESPN to write their explanation and excuses note for them as per the above referenced article. This won't be anything like the doughboy years. Maybe they stay down this year but it will be just one year. The days of buzzer beaters vs Binghamton aren't coming back.

Meanwhile UNC has ESPN to write their explanation and excuses note for them as per the above referenced article. This won't be anything like the doughboy years. Maybe they stay down this year but it will be just one year. The days of buzzer beaters vs Binghamton aren't coming back.
I'll never forget how Dough boy stole coach of the year from Al Skinner, in what I think was Troy Bell's Sr year? criminal, he was out what, 18 months later?

Completely fair viewpoint. I do get it. I am furious how we have been punished compared to Carolina. My Carolina friends were astonished when the NCAA didn’t wreak havoc with their program. They were preparing for it, then it didn’t happen.

But that’s not their fault. I am in a unique position, in that I got my masters at Carolina and have always followed them with interest. I moved up here in 84. The first SU game I ever watched was the 1987 Final Four against Carolina, which I expected Carolina to win. When they didn’t, I thought, “Hmmm, what have we here?” And I’ve been watching SU ever since, and regard myself as a pretty devoted fan.

My happiness as a fan is primarily derived from seeing my team do well. I don’t take satisfaction from another team’s misfortunes, but I do understand that many fans do and many of them are on this forum. So I say, have at it!

Completely fair viewpoint. I do get it. I am furious how we have been punished compared to Carolina. My Carolina friends were astonished when the NCAA didn’t wreak havoc with their program. They were preparing for it, then it didn’t happen.

But that’s not their fault. I am in a unique position, in that I got my masters at Carolina and have always followed them with interest. I moved up here in 84. The first SU game I ever watched was the 1987 Final Four against Carolina, which I expected Carolina to win. When they didn’t, I thought, “Hmmm, what have we here?” And I’ve been watching SU ever since, and regard myself as a pretty devoted fan.

My happiness as a fan is primarily derived from seeing my team do well. I don’t take satisfaction from another team’s misfortunes, but I do understand that many fans do and many of them are on this forum. So I say, have at it!
That’s completely fair. I don’t take joy in seeing their team lose because it makes their fans feel bad. It’s more because they’re a program that, when they knock, shuts the door on us for recruits. It’s good for Syracuse when UNC’s down which introduces uncertainty in their future coaching/recruiting/returning talent.

That along with the fact that our program had to suffer for our “wrongs” and there’s marched on unscathed.

Little too early for this. They could still recover and get 10 conference wins. But I personally think the rank and file will be extra motivated to pour it on against them and they don't.

I also find the contrast interesting, as to how JB handled the abysmal start, and the way Roy is handling his challenges. Moaning, deflection, whoeisme and self pity are Roy's crutches, JB just went back into the lab and put in work. Glad he's our leader.

Roy was always a coach that coasted on elite talent, so whining is all he can do when he doesn't have a combo of McD's or really good guys that would have bolted from SU that he somehow gets to play 4 years.

I just hope we can beat them when they come up here for the very last game in the unrenovated Dome!

It's not enough for Syracuse to do well.

Every other team must fail.

It's not enough for Syracuse to do well.

Every other team must fail.
Before I go ahead and admit that I shamelessly agree with the above, I find it really weird that this is totally true for basketball but not football (for me).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom