Everyone's favorite topic Uniforms | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Everyone's favorite topic Uniforms

That's nonsense.

And it's not twenty years ago, it's three freaking seasons ago.
Do you wear our jerseys? If you don't like them, don't wear them. Players wear jerseys. You're not on the team, you don't.

If you buy one to wear, then don't complain about it.

If it were such a positive publicity where did all the wins come with it. All sizzle and no steak. We lose sight of what every action should involve. Winning.

Who lost sight of winning? They probably thought it would help recruiting some, which it probably didn't. Just because something doesn't work out doesn't mean that it was done for the wrong reasons. You mentioned that the players get their uniforms for free while the fans have to buy theirs. I have yet to see a fan wearing a full SU uniform at any game I've ever been to - only jerseys. In this day and age, you can buy jerseys from multiple eras - I even have one that the players never wore - bought it at TJ Maxx. It's not about what clothes the fans want to wear, it's about what uniforms the fans want to see on the field, and there is a wide difference of opinion just in this little slice of the Orange universe. It's not black and white (or orange and blue and platinum and white...) and there isn't a right or wrong opinion.

Perfect point.

Syracuse isn't Coca-Cola Classic. We're Jolt.

If you're trying to bring back a brand that hasn't been good since the 90's to market to people born in the 90's - starting with fresh branding, rebooting is a good common sense start.

Side note: by your own logic, you should be an Alabama, Ohio State fan. An established juggernaut with never-change branding.
I like it, youre throwing my argument style back at me...agree with the point and spin...you've learned much grasshopper, but not all.

problem, is Syracuse is Coca-Cola Classic of the northeast and has branding across the US. unless you don't care about Ben, Big Jim, Floyd, Ernie, Monk, Joe Morris, Mac, Mc, Johnston, etc...and don't know that we call ourselves the ORANGE.

therefore, you don't reboot with a new color scheme.

when some loud braggart tries to put me down
and says his school is great
I tell him right away...
Now what's the matter buddy
ain't you heard of my school
it's number one in the state

its real simple fellas. We are fans, some are donors, etc.. but it doesnt matter what our opinions are. If you are a true fan, you will watch and support them no matter what they are wearing. Are you gonna be happy if they wear the old uniforms but lose? Are you gonna be mad if they wear uniforms you dont like, but win? It really doesnt matter. They are people underneath those garments. Support them and judge them by what they do on the field and how they represent the school off the field.

It's not an either/or scenario. We want to win and we want to wear uniforms historically consistent with the Syracuse brand, i.e. simple, tasteful and Orange.

KaiserUEO said:
I like it, youre throwing my argument style back at me...agree with the point and spin...you've learned much grasshopper, but not all. problem, is Syracuse is Coca-Cola Classic of the northeast and has branding across the US. unless you don't care about Ben, Big Jim, Floyd, Ernie, Monk, Joe Morris, Mac, Mc, Johnston, etc...and don't know that we call ourselves the ORANGE. therefore, you don't reboot with a new color scheme. when some loud braggart tries to put me down and says his school is great I tell him right away... Now what's the matter buddy ain't you heard of my school it's number one in the state

Thanks.

I love all those guys and agree that our brand was strong. It's just been dormant long enough that a reboot was deemed the correct action to take.

I hate not having more orange, and thankfully that was somewhat remedied last year.

Honestly - the correct way to build a brand wil be how Babers will do it: wins on the field with a distinctive style of offense.

Thanks.

I love all those guys and agree that our brand was strong. It's just been dormant long enough that a reboot was deemed the correct action to take.

I hate not having more orange, and thankfully that was somewhat remedied last year.

Honestly - the correct way to build a brand wil be how Babers will do it: wins on the field with a distinctive style of offense.
and that's fine and true...but its better to do it in the same laundry.

with a few modern enhancements of course.

the appearance continuity will make it appear stronger and maybe make people forget the dark ages and not look at us not as a useless expansion team like storz.

KaiserUEO said:
and that's fine and true...but its better to do it in the same laundry. with a few modern enhancements of course. the appearance continuity will make it appear stronger and maybe make people forget the dark ages and not look at us not as a useless expansion team like storz.

I'd be fine with going back to Nassib era and winning a crapton of games

I've asked several patents this over the past several years and not one player has ever chosen SU because of the unis. They may like or even love them but the decision is made for other reasons.

To play, to win, and ultimateget to the next level
Load of crap

True that.

We have been financing the Program for years and years.

We have every right to complain about a bad branding effort on the part of the Program.

And besides, the analysis makes no sense.

Does the post mean that we are not permitted to criticize coaching moves made by the staff, because we don't coach?

True that.

We have every right to complain about a bad branding effort on the part of the Program.

Does the post mean that we are not permitted to criticize coaching moves made by the staff, because we don't coach?

Like Syracuse level of financing or SEC/Ohio St/PSU level?

True that.

Also - yeah - any criticism of the staff should always be with the "but what do I know, I'm just a fan and haven't been coaching my entire adult life" asterisk. I assume, unless other wise stated, that asterisk accompanies about 95% of the posts here.

I don't contribute to SEC schools or Ohio State or Penn State.

Just wondering if you're a super-booster or not. Cause those are the people who give enough to have their uni opinions heard.

Just wondering if you're a super-booster or not. Cause those are the people who give enough to have their uni opinions heard.
I'll answer for him since he won't. YES he and his family goin way back to now I believe, someone they SHOULD listen to.

It's not an either/or scenario. We want to win and we want to wear uniforms historically consistent with the Syracuse brand, i.e. simple, tasteful and Orange.
But are you gonna like the team less because they are not wearing a uniform of your choice?

My family and I have been making substantial contributions to the Program for more than forty years.

My family recently endowed a Football Scholarship in honor of my father.

And between us, we have had season tickets since the 1940s.

OrangePA said:
My family and I have been making substantial contributions to the Program for more than forty years. My family recently endowed a Football Scholarship in honor of my father. And between us, we have had season tickets since the 1940s.

I figured as much. Respect your dedication, truly.

Have you shared your views with people up there? Has Coyle responded favorably?

Scooch said:
Does that mean "crapton" = 8-5? What's more than a "crapton". I'd prefer that. :)

Crapton is in the metric system ;)

OrangePA said:
My family and I have been making substantial contributions to the Program for more than forty years. My family recently endowed a Football Scholarship in honor of my father. And between us, we have had season tickets since the 1940s.

Btw, your mother said to say hello. Saw her at the ND game. She wanted to know if you've been behaving on the board. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom