Exit Fee | Syracusefan.com

Exit Fee

DPCuse

Starter
Does the exit fee revenue get distributed to remaining member schools?

And if so, would SU and Pitt share in that revenue if someone left in the next 27 months.

That would be great to collect while we have one foot out the door. You would think that since they are holding us to our contractual membership that we have the right to share in the exit fee revenue. If not, let us out.

Pitt and Syracuse get nothing. We're the bad little boys who will be made to sit in the corner for the next 27 months and will be sent to bed without any supper when we've completed our penance.

All that's known is, short of a BE implosion, that Syracuse and Pitt should be the first ones leaving.

Pitt and Syracuse get nothing. We're the bad little boys who will be made to sit in the corner for the next 27 months and will be sent to bed without any supper when we've completed our penance.

Screw it, let's show up to the meetings and vote for chaos. Is there a close vote? Here comes SU and Pitt!

The basketball schools want their ten million. We mustn't forget that's a lot of mullah for them. $1.25 mil a year sounds about right where they're headed... A similar payout to SU's exit fee.

I was curious to see what the exit fees and time length were for the MWC and CUSA. This is in hindsight but had those two instituted a 3 year wait period then the BE would have automatically lost its BCS bid. In 2014 they would only have 6 teams. Anyway I found that the BE has the lower exit fee than both. Boise could join in 2012 but would face a large fee. So I doubt they come in 2012. Because of that Air Force has already decided that if they go, it won't be until the 2013-14 season. UCF, HOU, and SMU won't be able to join until 2013-14. So it seems pretty much a lock that SU will be in the BE for FB in 2012. Hopefully though the BE grows a heart and lets us go for 2013 FB in the ACC.

At the very least they should get a share of whatever TCU is paying.

We're a member of the big east so I don't see any reason to not get some of that money.

At the very least they should get a share of whatever TCU is paying.

I agree with that.

Also, I've never thought there was any way that SU wouldn't be playing in the BE for the entire 2012(FB) and 2012/13(BB) seasons. But I think that will be it.

We're a member of the big east so I don't see any reason to not get some of that money.

That and voting rights. If something is going to effect us these next 27 months we should be able to vote on it. If we don't want to travel to SMU in BBall or Boise in FB, shouldn't we be able to vote on it? We are still a full member so why not? What the BE does after we leave is none of our business. But what they do while we are here, certainly is. IMO we should threaten to block expansion any earlier than June 2014, unless we are let go after the 2011-12 BBall and 2012 FB seasons.

That and voting rights. If something is going to effect us these next 27 months we should be able to vote on it. If we don't want to travel to SMU in BBall or Boise in FB, shouldn't we be able to vote on it? We are still a full member so why not? What the BE does after we leave is none of our business. But what they do while we are here, certainly is. IMO we should threaten to block expansion any earlier than June 2014, unless we are let go after the 2011-12 BBall and 2012 FB seasons.

I agree...if the big east wants us to play by the rules then by all means we should play by the rules and participate in what is going to be happening to us for the next 27 (or is it 26 now?) ghoulish months of hell.